Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Pulitzer Prize winner!

Pages: 1 8 replies

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Apr 19, 2007 6:47 PM

Hey all,

My brother won a Pulitzer for his work at The Wall Street Journal. He is the Bureau Chief of the Shanghai office and they won the award for their articles discussing China's growth and impacts on their environment. Before this gig he was the Bureau Chief for the Journal in South Korea. I don't get to see him much, but I sure am proud of him!

-Gman

Wow - and send along a big congrats to him!! That's superb!

That's terrific! Is your whole family this successful? I'm sure you're very proud. I'm curious what his article said about the impact of China's growth. Congratulations to your brother!

Wow! Not many can make that brag!
(I can say, "My brother did sound for the Butthole Surfers on tour." It doesn't have quite the same ring as "My brother just won the Pulitzer Prize," nor did my parents get as big a kick announcing it to their friends.)

Congrats to you and your family, GMAN!
F

H
hewey posted on Sat, Apr 21, 2007 6:45 PM

Congrats to your brother mate. A talented family for sure!

T

Congratulations GMAN! Nice to be able to be super proud of a family member and share it! Speaking of sharing got a link to the article or the Pulitzer Prize article?

Tikisgrl

Wow...what an honor!!! There are so many good people in the world...it is important that they be honored for their great work and dedication to making the world a better place to live in. Congratulations to your brother and your family. :)

G

On 2007-04-21 15:50, Formikahini wrote:
(I can say, "My brother did sound for the Butthole Surfers on tour." It doesn't have quite the same ring as "My brother just won the Pulitzer Prize," nor did my parents get as big a kick announcing it to their friends.)

Well, hell... I'd be proud! Pulitzer, phooey. Buttholes!

GMan, kidding. That's beyond cool. I can't even imagine. That's terrific.

big congrats! Gman, that is hughly impressive and cool!

Amy

Pages: 1 8 replies