Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Another how to make a bad mai tai video

Pages: 1 6 replies

TP

check out the section called "Liquid Assets" at the O.C. Register website. http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sections/life/food/

then click on the maitai on page 3 of drinks. Its the way Roys duzz it.

That Mai Tai does not sound good...but I did like the sound of the Pomegranite Mojito. :)

accck... Cranberry in a Mai Tai just doesn't sound right at all. Now cranberry Juice in Vodka... ya gotta nice cape cod :)

"And then pineapple juice... just let every Mai Tai."

I noticed that none of the videos had anyone stirring the drinks. If they brought you that Mai-Tai and you hit the straw, POW! a mouth full of Bacadari beforeyou get anything else.

It was a pretty Mai-Tai when they got done, and the pineapple leaf as garnish was interesting enough I may start doing that. And, if I add a pineapple leaf to my Mai-Tais then I can say I have one like everyone else because it has pineapple in it. :wink:

I am really enjoying all of these "Bad" drink video posts and I think someone should start to pull all of the links together into one big super-bad thread.

Then I think we as the 'better' drinkers need to start making video posts about how to do it correctly and get the word out. How many of us have blogs that we can use? How many of us have a digital camera with a video mode? How many of us have digital camcorders? There is no reason why we can't turn the tide against the pineapple Mai-Tais ourselves.

Go! To the Bars! Camera's in hand! Show the world the beauty and magic and mystery that is a well made Mai-Tai!

That was just wrong, no shaking, no orgeat. They call for Curacao but substitute tripple sec. That's all kinds of not right.

They started out by saying he was going to make a "special mai tai" so by special they must have meant the type of drink that rides on the short bus, also they lost me when they referred to the glass as a "bamboo glass". Mixology college sure has changed.

Pages: 1 6 replies