Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Mark Your Calendars....Caliente Tropics 5/19

Pages: 1 26 replies

Stay tuned for a Weekend of Fun in the Sun and Soon! (May 19-20th...Mark your calendars!) Are you ready for a LUAU?????

The Caliente Tropics (still)has tiki!!!!

https://tikicentral.com/uploads/3026/45eb871f.jpg[/img]
Aloha Bill says our luau will be great!!!

Remember this?

The Reef Bar now Aloha Bill's (same great Bamboo Ben decor!)

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2007-05-01 18:14 ]

Aloha & WooHoo ~ Hawaiian Bills http://www.hawaiianbills.com will be having their last Luau for the Season Saturday, May 19th. We thought it would be fun to plan a Fun in the Sun Kickback Weekend at Caliente Tropics. So if you don't have any plans pack your bags and sunscreen and head out to The Tropics. We will be staying at The Tropics from May 18 through the 20. Hope to see you there ~ SoccerTiki & WooHooWahine

PM me for more information :)

I'm confused here.

I thought it was

May 4th 5th and 6th...

this coming weekend.

The Hawaiian Bill's Luau will be held on Saturday, May 19th

Make your RESERVATIONS NOW BY CALLING 760-778-3850
LUAU includes:
Buffet dinner &
One complementary soft drink &
One 50% off specialty drink!
Hawaiian show!
Luau for adults $40!

On 2007-04-29 16:34, RevBambooBen wrote:
I'm confused here.

I thought it was

May 4th 5th and 6th...

this coming weekend.

You're flashing back a few years to T.O. maybe??????

Looks like a lot of fun...sorry to have to miss it. Looking foward to the pictures though. :wink:

Sorry also.

Must have got the dates mixed up from the past.

That's a very special day for Mrs. Boo and I.

How do you do 17 in roman numerals??

Maybe next year.........?

Don't plan anything on the 19th!

My plans for the weekend
Friday afternoon......

Saturday...

Sunday...

WooHoo only 2 more weeks!! Don't forget to call to make your reservations :)

P

On 2007-05-01 21:14, SoccerTiki wrote:

My plans for the weekend
Friday afternoon......

Better make sure that tongue of yours gets plenty of sunblock.

:wink:

On 2007-05-07 10:26, telescopes wrote:
This Saturday, a group of us on May 12th will be traveling from Palm Springs to the following Tiki places: Trader Vics, Purple Orchid, Puka Bar, Tiki Ti, and Bahookas. My question is, are there any tikiphiles here in the Coachella Valley who regularly meet-up at say Hawaiian Bills?

Will the Coachella Valley TC Ohana be attending Hawaiian Bill's Luau on May 19th???

I was at the last one....really great show, great food...I truly felt like I was in Hawaii. I would highly recommend it. Funny enough, this luau felt more truly authentic than some I have been to in Hawaii, where you feel like a bunch of cattle being herded through the buffet line....

On 2007-05-08 12:57, sandiegodan wrote:
I was at the last one....really great show, great food...I truly felt like I was in Hawaii. I would highly recommend it. Funny enough, this luau felt more truly authentic than some I have been to in Hawaii, where you feel like a bunch of cattle being herded through the buffet line....

Buffet line... Dude, I thougth it was all about being served by the bare breasted beauties... oh, ahhh, did you say Hawaiian Bills, ... I guess I thought we were discussing Popes right up the road on Sunset. Ooops.

lol! the tiki gods would not approve of any employee of popes serving their tropical rum nectar concoctions....sacrilege!!!

MMMMM! Tropical nectar..... MMMMMMM!!!!!!!

WoooHoooo! 1 more week :)

PM me if you have any ?'s about making your reservations at Caliente Tropics or for the Luau at Hawaiian Bills :)

Is it Friday yet???????????????

I'll be there. I hear from my friends that it is an outstanding show and dinner. Hawaiian Bill's is always so friendly. I'm sure it will be a "broke da mouth" experience. I hope lots of people show up to offer support.

O

Hope you all have a great time out there. Couldn't get the weekend off but I will have a Mai Tai to toast you. Hope to join you next time,

Life is a state of mind

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-05-18 08:08 ]

P

On 2007-05-16 21:27, telescopes wrote:

I hope lots of people show up to offer support.

Sounds like they are! I just called Hawaiian Bills to make reservations and they said it was sold out. He then asked how many in our party and I told him "only 2" and he said he'd "squeeze us in." So we're confirmed! :)

See ya'll tomorrow. Look for the guy in the Disney aloha shirt (base color: red). Might also be wearing bright yellow swim trunks.

High tomorrow of 102 jeezgrees. Cookin!

WooooHooooo! What a Weekend: We all had Tons of Fun in the Sun :) Hawaiian Bill's Luau last night was the perfect way to end our weekend.

SoccerTiki and Al-ii enjoying their Mai Tais

What a Crowd!! 225 people showed up for the luau

Future TCer

Mrs.Lurker and Hinano_Paul enjoying the show

SoccerTiki singing some tunes

Wow....good turnout...looks like great entertainment and some good drinkin...thanks for the pix. :)

P

Been to the Caliente Tropics many times over the last 4 years, but this was my first time at Hawaiian Bill's Luau. Those of you that know Bill know what a super guy he is...the real deal...and he puts on a first rate luau! Great and yummy food, great entertainment, perfect locale. It's a real family affair with many friends and family of Bill's ohana helping to run the entire thing. Very well done. :)

I also ate lunch earlier inside at the bar...had the Kalua pig pulled pork sandwich and it was excellent. Ordered a Mai Tai and it was still the usual non-Mai Tai variation they serve there with pineapple juice and Malibu Rum and...well you get the picture. Very nice refreshing coconut flavored drink, but not really a Mai Tai at all, and they should rename it. Upon request bartender Mike makes his own version that's called "Mike's Mai Tai" that among other changes uses grenadine. That is of course sweeter and even further from a real Mai Tai...but still a very good drink if you don't think of it as any sort of traditional Mai Tai. Guess if you want a real Mai Tai...you're gonna have to call out exactly how you want it made. I'm sure they'll oblige.

Two single buddies of mine joined me and were hoping for more "talent" in the audience :wink: and were disappointed that almost all were couples and gray hairs. I thought it was a very subdued audience. This may have been due to the fact that a large portion of the guests this evening...had won their luau via a local radio station contest. Perhaps they just didn't know what to expect and were a bit like deer caught in the headlights. We had some nice folks at our table, but by and large looking around at other tables...folks tended to just eat and stare. They just didn't seem to get into the swing of things. Noticed many got up and left early after eating. Too bad. It was a great show. Despite the fuddy-duddy aspect of much of the crowd...we had a great time.

After the luau, my buddies and I headed into downtown for some cigars and drinks and trolling. Good times and good stuff! Later, 2 of us came back to the Caliente Tropics and Hawaiian Bill's and it was great to see Bill and all of his luau staff and ohana unwinding with Karaoke and drinks into the wee hours. They were having a great time and WooHoo, SoccerTiki, HinanoPaul, and Al-ii were there...some dancing and doing stints at the mic, too. SoccerTiki was especially ah...memorable...with his rendition of "El Paso." Don't give up your day job! :wink:

My buddy and I closed the place down and soon the lights were turned off and we went back to our rooms to call it a night. Great day. :)

Went to Bill's the next morning for Bloody Marys, but discovered he didn't open until 11:00am, so we headed to downtown again for provisions. Because we could now get a room at the Caliente Tropics for only $44 at their much lower Sunday-Thursday rates...we were going to move over from the Travelodge next door and stay an extra night at the Caliente. Our plan was to have lunch at Bill's and then get a couple of rooms there and just hang another day and night. But when we got to Bill's at 12:30pm he was still closed! An upset Bill was sitting out on the patio and was very apologetic that some of his staff had still not showed up for work and so he couldn't open. Guess he kept his own staff out a bit too late the night before. :)

We took that as an omen that our extended stay was just not meant to be, and nixed the plan for an extra night. We gave our Thanks again to Bill for the great time...and hopped in our cars and headed home. But it was a great 24 hours in Palm Springs. :)

Didn't get to spend much time with the other TCers, but it was nice meeting you all and I'm sure we'll meet up again. :)

]

[ Edited by: PremEx 2007-05-21 11:44 ]

P

Oops. Dup.

[ Edited by: PremEx 2007-05-21 11:30 ]

On 2007-05-21 11:16, PremEx wrote:
SoccerTiki was especially ah...memorable...with his rendition of "El Paso." Don't give up your day job! :wink:

You musta missed my David Lee Roth impersonation of "I'm just a Gigolo"!!! LOL!!!

Mahalo for posting the pictures! Wish we could have been there. I like the last pic of Chris tuning up before his American Idol debut :wink:

Pages: 1 26 replies