Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Hawaiian Shirt Collection (Image Heavy)

Pages: 1 14 replies

This is most of my Hawaiian shirt collection.

After I finished taking these I remembered I have a box of about 20 more waiting to be sold or gifted away, some very cool. I'll have to haul them out soon.

If anyone would like more detailed photos, or descriptions of the materials used etc., I can add to the thread. Most of these are barkcloth. All but three were purchased locally from thrift stores.

Great Minds Drink Alike

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine 2007-04-27 19:46 ]

simply....WOW! All of those shirts are amazing and almost pieces of art in themselves!! Great collection!!

H
hewey posted on Fri, Apr 27, 2007 7:56 PM

Thats a lot of shirts! :o some nice shirts in there though

H
Helz posted on Fri, Apr 27, 2007 10:29 PM

TW,

That had to take you a fair bit of time. Thanks for sharing the collection!

Great collection TW. Thanks for sharing.

I think you may own more men's shirts than I do.

outstanding collection, tw! the next to last one is probably my favorite.

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2007-04-29 10:23 ]

Awesome collection, thanks for posting. I reallylike the blue one with the drinks that you did the detail on. (I can hear Joan Crawford yelling "No wire Hangers".) :D

TW, that is a great collection, I think I have 2 of the same as you :) I wear a lot of mens hawaiian shirts, I bet a lot of girls do.... This is a great thread, thank you for sharing

Amy

Thanks everyone!
Please feel free to post your own shirt collections here.

Looks like my husband's closet, he's got a bunch of those!

P
Paipo posted on Mon, Apr 30, 2007 4:41 PM

This one looks sweet...I want one! Any chance of a closeup of the label?

myspace

[ Edited by: Paipo 2007-04-30 16:51 ]

ST

Man, I thought I had a pretty good collection going but yours blows it away (and is much more traditionally aloha than some of mine). When I lived in NorCal where I worked had "ugly, shirt day" on Fridays, which was cool cause you could get away with wearing some stuff that you would otherwise get strange looks from.

T

well , I was up late and put some shots together of my slowly growing collection ,I want to stick to TAPA prints in my size but a couple are too small ...too good though to leave behind!
enjoy!

here's where they get a little small

if anybody has any bigger ones they wanna trade let me know !
Mahalo for looking!

L

Tikivile-

I come across shirts almost everytime I am out. I have my eyes open for ones with tiki images for Tiki Kate and ones that are XL for Bongo Bungalow. What size tapa are you looking for? And also do you only collect barkcloth/barkcloth like? Vintage only?

If you give me some info I will gladly keep an eye out for ya :)

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-04-09 16:20 ]

K
KeithH posted on Thu, Apr 9, 2009 6:25 PM

One of the very first shirts my wife made for me was out of this very print. Sadly the shirt doesn't quite fit like it once did, but I still keep this treasure tucked neatly away in my closet.

I was able to find a replacement for the other one but I have not had any luck finding this print.

My wife is AWESOME! She's made quite a few shirts for me - although she does have quite a pile of fabric waiting to break in that new sewing machine.

[ Edited by: KeithH 2009-04-09 18:26 ]

Pages: 1 14 replies