Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Bamboo Ben Should Have A Mug!!

Pages: 1 2 66 replies

BB

I should change my name to Bora Buzzkill :lol:

HOLY KRAPMAN! :o

If this is a list... I'll take a limit of 2!!!

Nice job Ernesto & Squidley...er, uhmmm, that is if this sculpt photo is the real deal?!! :D

On 2007-12-02 21:09, Bora Boris wrote:
I should change my name to Bora Buzzkill :lol:

WTF???!!!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 3, 2007 9:09 AM

On 2007-12-03 02:44, TravelingJones wrote:
Nice job Ernesto & Squidley...er, uhmmm, that is if this sculpt photo is the real deal?!! :D

It's the real deal. It's been a secret for nearly a year.
And if you want one before the December 22 online sale, then you gotta come to the Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland art show December 8.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=26350&forum=17&start=210&213

We're going to kidnap Ben from Amy's place out in the desert, haul 'em back here, tie him in a corner and force him to sign mugs at the art show.

O

On 2007-11-05 13:05, GROG wrote:
Finally, a Bamboo Ben mug. Maybe Ben will quit his bellachin' about not having a mug.

So since it was made in China, do we need to worry about lead?

looks a little like a moai mug with hair!

On 2007-12-03 09:35, Ojaitimo wrote:

On 2007-11-05 13:05, GROG wrote:
Finally, a Bamboo Ben mug. Maybe Ben will quit his bellachin' about not having a mug.

So since it was made in China, do we need to worry about lead?

Ben's Head is made in the USA. None of our mugs contain lead. Ceramic mugs (& general serving wares) are some of the most highly scrutinized items by the FDA - 100% tested on every shipment (for both lead & cadmium). It's the law.

Here's the actual ad itself...

Is there a drain plug in the bottom?

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 3, 2007 1:05 PM

On 2007-12-03 11:23, SoccerTiki wrote:
looks a little like a moai mug with hair!

It HAD to be a moai mug.

We could have designed it as a tangaroan, but it would have to have an unusually large wang, and we didn't want the mug to be offensive.

we didn't want the mug to be offensive.

ANY mug of Ben is going to be offensive....
It's what they refer to as an "ingrown design flaw"..

T
teaKEY posted on Mon, Dec 3, 2007 1:52 PM

Better

T
teaKEY posted on Mon, Dec 3, 2007 2:15 PM

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 3, 2007 7:07 PM

Don't give up your day job.

"Bamboo Ben Bashing" -- Hell of a name for a drink!

P
pablus posted on Tue, Dec 4, 2007 6:56 PM

That is one bodacious looking mug.

I want one.

Arrrrr!!!

Many Mahalo's to Grog! Squid! and, Holden!

You guy's got me big time. I can't believe you've been
able to hide this for almost a year without slipping some how, some way.( even during intimate sleep-overs!!)

I'm stunned. Still.

I found out via Nick from Tiki Mag. He called me up and made an appointment last Sunday. I went up to the shop and started to load my tools for the install starting on Monday. Nick showed up and we started talking and walked out to his car to see the new issue. I told him that I needed to see Ernies comic cause Holden called me the day before to tell me that something in it would bum me out. So Nick grabbed a mag and started doing the shuffle the pages thing and I finally grabbed it out of his hands like dude! what are you doing!!? I started to look for the comic and he said it's on the back page. Huh? I turned it over and saw the ad. at first I was thinking nice joke! But then who would pay out for a full ad just for a joke? Nick confirmed the whole thing. I was stunned. Nick split then I called Holden and he laughed big time. Told me all about it. My mind started flashing back to many clues that were givin. Then I talked to Ernie and he laughed (at me)too. Told me all about it. I didn't talk to Squid but he emailed me " Gotch-ya!" D'oh! I pictured his grin and I laughed.

Wow. I'm very humbled do to these 3 crazy friends.

Hope everyone enjoys the mug and on with the BBooB Bashing! Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me!
( cept if you bash my wife or kids! then you'll never live it down! )

Arrrrrrrrr!!!

p.s. almost forgot Crazy Al. Thanks for doing the pendant...Dick!

Arrrr!!!!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Dec 8, 2007 3:36 AM

See ya at the Tonga Hut Saturday night BooBen.

it was alot of fun!

Pages: 1 2 66 replies