Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Just wondering if...

Pages: 1 7 replies

With all the tiki enthusiasts out there, with the bars, exotica music, movies, mugs, and even tiki in the office... has anyone tikified their vehicle?

I haven't, but then again I'm also looking for ideas!

Here's a fun old thread.
There are some others too.

I'm still working on my 65 lincoln...As soon as I get er done, ill post pics!

Test

Did we pass?

I am wondering if anyone has been to see the tiki vehicles in southern Arizona? By the way, what would a tiki vehicle look like anyway? A Mauri long ship? Or perhaps something more akin to the Mystery Van in Scooby Doo. Just wondering.

OK Mr.Snowball,

I wasn't clear either if this thread had officially been "passed" to the other thread on this subject but since I didn't post there....here it is:

The TIKI CRUISER

At the Hot Rods on the Beach Event 2006 in Santa Cruz - Our Tiki Sales tent beside it!

Hood detail

With The Mai Kai Gents at a charity benefit in St. Helena, CA

T

Man, I've been thinkin about it. I have a 1987 GMC Sierra classic pickup.

Now that's 20 years old, it officially qualifies as "classic". It already looks Hawaiian because of it's color...2 tone brown and tan. It looks really 70's despite the fact that it's an 87'. I was thinking of somehow putting split bamboo for trim, some cragar ss rims and mounting a few tikis on it. It already has tiki and hawaiian window stickers on the back of the cab..
It's starting to look a little run down, but a nice wax job would bring it back. I just don't know how I'd mount split bamboo on it...

Ben, any ideas ?

Pages: 1 7 replies