Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

VampTiki #2 [June 2]

Pages: 1 42 replies

Time for VampTiki #2....another exciting party for the TC gang from the NorCal ohana. Pictures of VampTiki #1 are here.

I know the summer gets pretty busy, so posting ahead of time....save June 2nd on your calendar for a tiki party at my place. PM me if you are going to come so I can send directions.

Interested in vending or playing some music for this affair...please pm me. :)

I will have a house full of guests, so if you need to crash locally, here is a list of hotels.

Comfort Suites Rocklin
6830 Five Star Boulevard
Rocklin, CA 95677 US
(916) 315-1300
directions

Extended Stay America
1000 Lead Hill Boulevard
Roseville, CA
(916) 781-9001
directions

More Hotel Information

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

VampTiki

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-05-03 12:06 ]

Yea Girl....that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!

You got it perfect.....got the link for the images from Vamp Party # 1 - The Sacramento Tiki Invasion Begins! :evil: :lol: .....I need an icon for Evil Laughter! :D

We drive about 100 miles from our little Tiki Island in Vallejo and the Vamp Parties are a Blast....the last one we met new faces, made new friends, sold some Tikis, drank some great Mai Tais, the food was wonderful....definitely worth a trip there!! :wink:

The Secret Society of Sacramento Tiki Enthusiasts is growing larger everyday and soon the Capital City maybe overthrown and turned into the New Tiki Republic!!! OK, where's my evil laughter icon again when I need it? :evil: :lol:

Who knows....maybe someday our fair capital may even have a real quality Tiki Bar....stranger things have happened.
If we only had money. :tiki:

...ah yes there's nothing like a new thread for an upcoming party....Fresh, clean and brand new..........now let's see if we can change that...Vamp. will there be a commemorative mug?....styrofoam cup?....oh wait your drinks will burn through styrofoam!!!!

This too cool Vampy, really looking forward to the party.

On 2007-05-02 19:41, moondog426 wrote:
...ah yes there's nothing like a new thread for an upcoming party....Fresh, clean and brand new..........now let's see if we can change that...Vamp. will there be a commemorative mug?....styrofoam cup?....oh wait your drinks will burn through styrofoam!!!!

Actually guys.....I'm talkin' to the Tiki Powers that be about a mug RIGHT NOW...simple this year of course, (short notice and all), but if I can pull this off it will be no less than the style that Forbidden Island just offered! :wink:

Thanks Dr.TikiMojo, it was great talking to you last night. Since it is such short notice till the party, we will work on this idea for a future party. You've got my brain cranking overtime and now I have some great adeas for a mug in the future.

I'm going to be perfecting my Zombie-making skills tomorrow....Bev-Mo here I come. :drink:

Bumping cause we are only 3 weeks away from party time. I may have just secured a musician to play CoCo (my vibe) for this cocktail shindig....how kewl would that be!!! More updates as I find out. Hope you are all practicing your Hula for the contest. :D

I am hoping to play one of the Tiki Torches slot machines at Thunder Valley before I make it to the party...Afterall it's so close. Think they can make a Tiki Drink at The Falls Bar?........I know Marlene can!!!!!....Zombies?....oh Boy.

DrTikiMojo just confirmed he will be vending. I am working on having a musician play my vibe for some live music to drink by. Better start practicing the hula....it is going to by the girls against the guys!!!

Yes, I made it official at the TikiBocce event....TIKI HUNTER will be there with great new stuff from the Islands!
GECKO Scorpion Bowls, Tapa Cloth from New Guinea, Tiki Walking Sticks, Tiki Lamps and MORE! :o

Mrs.Mojo & I look forward to seeing all the Sacramento Ohana again soon!

bumpin...bumpin...bumpin

(writing on a blackboard 100 times)
I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party. I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party.I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party. I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party.I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party. I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party.I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party. I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party.I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party. I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party.I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party. I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party.I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party. I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party.I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party. I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party.I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party. I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party.I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party. I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party.I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party. I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party.I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party. I will not drink rum until vamp's tiki party.

you get the idea.

ONE WEEK AND COUNTING! :D

I feel the excitement building now!

Hey Vamp, We will be there, how about I bring a sample of Gecko's and my next project together? Only those who show up will get see it. Since it's top secret they will then have to have a couple of your famous rum drinks so that they will forget and not spill the beans. Last time was a blast so we can't wait for this one. Wendy and Dan

That sounds like a good plan...and I will secretly share my mug design with you....we might get something going on!!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone. PM me if you need directions. :)

Can't wait!! I'll be there.

YEAH!!! Looking forward to seeing you TigerLily.....you can probably hook up with Moondog and get a ride to the party. :)

Chief Bartender at Brenda's Tiki Hut and I will be there on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you all!

All Tikis point to Lincoln.

I'm bringing a bunch of Jimmy Buffett cds and some tequila!!!!!

I'M KIDDING OF COURSE!!!!

Looking forward to a rum drink with a piece of fruit....in that order.

Bar is serving two secret recipe drinks:

#1 BLOODY GOOD PUNCH
#2 BLUE BACKFIRE

....and some Mai Tais :)

Hamburger, Hot Dogs, and other munchies.

Prepare to shake your bootay.....Hula Contest (kane v.s. wahine)....someone get a camera!!!

I can't wait to get Dan to shake his booty! Wendy

Apparently danlovesbootay!!! :lol:

We'll be casting sail soon! :D

Hope to see some new faces this time and more people.....last one was a blast!

Shout out to new member Tiki Den whom we met at the Mai Kai Gents' Copia show this past Thursday....hope you make the drive up from Fairfield!

Also we have tons of new Tiki products that we didn't have for the Forbidden Island Party, for those who made it down!

Create new mugs and resins from GECKO of Hawaii. :tiki:

Thanks to everyone for such a great party. :) Hugshugshugs for all the wonderful gifts....and the tastey food that everyone brought. Wonderful friends, fabulous conversations, and pictures a plenty (some sans The Viking). Will post pics later. :)

Special thanks to Eva & Dave for supplying the marketplace action for us. :D

Thanks to my kick-arse Brother-In-Law for barbqueing burgers and dogs....delish!!!

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-06-02 20:56 ]

good friends, good food and good drink......who could want anything more...Beth and I had a blast. Marlene your mother is quite the party goer. Man she is quick. George did a great job with bar-b-que and he is a fellow Eagles fan to boot! Great seeing all the usual suspects as well as some new ones.

Marlene you always throw a great party with fun people. Your mom is a star and we all enjoyed all the good food and hugs. We hope to see you again very soon, Wendy and Dan

I took my family to the Sacramento airport this morning, then came home and took a nap...lazy me!!! When I woke up, I got a call from my Mom and she said she was in a plane crash and was not in San Diego, but was in Oakland and then her cell phone cut out. I spoke to the friend who was picking her up and he had heard the landing gear wouldn't come down so they had to turn around and do a belly-landing in Oakland. It is not easy to get information from the airline (cough...cover-up...cough). I did see the plane crashed on the runway and everyone got of off OK, on the 5 o'clock news and am waiting to hear more news as I am on hold with Southwest now (cough...cover-up...cough).

I am trying to beat my VCR into submission to record the news for her, as I know she will want to have it. But my VCR is not cooperating. If anyone can tape the news report of that plane crash I would be so appreciative and will reimburse you for the videotape.

More updates to follow as I get them....too much conflicting information from the airline (cough...cover-up...cough) have received 3 different stories on what flight the passengers are back on and San Diego arrival times.....ARGH!!!

CL

Wow, I'm glad your mom's okay Marlene. I was just at the Oakland airport at noon dropping a friend off for his flight. Nothing seemed amis at that time.

Glad everything worked out okay. Just checked all the online local news sites (KTVU, KRON, and KPIX). They're all saying it was a landing gear problem.

Thanks CoCo....my Mom should be landing in San Diego shortly.....if I know her she will be all to happy to tell any reporters about the whole incident, will have to see the 10pm news and see if they get any interviews. TG found me a link online and gonna call a couple of folks to see if they can tape the news for me. What a way to end the day....surely encourages me to drink on any of my future flights!!! :o

B
Bincho posted on Sun, Jun 3, 2007 7:38 PM

Wish we could have made it- but the kids had to come first ;D
Sounds like it was a good time!

My Mom made it to San Diego and just like I figured....she was interviewed at the airport....I can hardly wait to see the news at ten, she will probably be on. Her friend picked her up and she is on her way home now. :)

T

Marlene,

I'm so glad your mother is ok. I had such a good time chatting with her yesterday, she is a riot. I'm terrified of flying and my worst fear is always that the landing gear will not deploy. I had a couple of strong cocktails before I boarded my flight a few hours ago.

Thank you for a fun party, drinks and company. It was so much fun catching up w everyone.

Just talked to my Mom and she is safe at home and of course has funny stories. She said it was a real rough landing but the pilot had prepared the passengers well. After the plane stopped, my Mom was ushered down the emergency ramp and she said she yelled "wheee what fun" and the fireman said "oh we are so glad you are here" and my Mom said "I'm so glad I'm here too" and then they ushered them away from the plane and they had to wait for a bus, but my Mom told the firemen she had to pee and asked if they had a place on their rig for her to go to the bathroom.....they laughed and said no but you can go over in those bushes. So another man had to go also and took my Mom with him to the bushes....and he stamped around to be sure there weren't andy snakes there....then they did their business. My Mom had previously watched the man who had taken pictures of the plane and she said to him "I hope you didn't take any pictures of my arse, cause everyone will be more interested in that instead of the plane crash."

Waiting for the news now.

Sure enough...my Mom (Lois) made it on TV (on at least one stations)....thanks Moondog426 for TEVOing it for me. I did get to see it, so now I just need to figure out how to get a video or DVD to give to my Mom.

PICTURES :)

BrendasTikiHut

Tikis on a ledge (gifts from Dan)

CoronaContessa, Beth, Lynda, Sue (the card sharks)

DrTikiMojo, Beth, Moondog426

Eva,Vamps Mom (Lois), and Steve McGarrett

Vamps Brother-In-Law (George) looks on as MrBrendasTikiHut feeds The Viking

Ken and Lois

Vamp, Lois, Vamps Sister (Dee)

Sorry for bluriness...Ken, Lois, Dave

Ken and Dan

Vamps friend (Patti), George, MrBrendasTikiHut

Ken kicks back with a brewsky

PsychoTikiD sans The Viking

Wendy, DrTikiMojo sans The Viking ala tophat, Eva

Lois, George, Dee

TigerLily sans The Viking

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-06-04 01:03 ]

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-06-04 06:02 ]

Mahalo Vampiress for a WONDERFUL party! Sean and I had a great time. Would have loved to have stayed for the hula contest, but obligations awaited. Hope Dave got some good pics! George was a great bbq'er. Hope everything is fine with your mom. She's a hoot! I'm sure she'll give them a great sound bite for the news.

The tiki gods were smiling on us all on Saturday. Apparently their smiles resonated on into Sunday. I missed all of this action as I was semi nursing a Mai Tai hangover all day yesterday.

I stayed on the couch most of Sunday watching movies and occasionally attempting to eat something. I could not believe my eyes this morning when I saw Vamp's mom on the 6:30 news talking about the plane crash. Wow, she looked great after a near catastrophe. (I think it was my lucky tiki shirt she wore on Saturday)!

Sorry we came later than we planned, looks like we missed a couple of TCer's.

Great to see those who were still there when we arrived and thanks again to Vamp for hosting another Nor Cal tiki event and to Dr. Tiki Mojo for the stuff he brought out for sale!

See you all soon,

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and today I feel much better).

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-06-04 09:49 ]

If anyone knows how to save a video from these links...please let me know, as I would like to save them to my files.

This link shows my Mom's interview.
plane crash

This was just after the crash landing.
crash landing

Some other Interviews.
aftermath

Another link.
plane

Some more video.
post incident

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-06-04 20:52 ]

On 2007-06-03 21:59, VampiressRN wrote:
....and he stamped around to be sure there weren't andy snakes there....

Why? Are they worse than Dave or Chuck snakes?

Vamp, Lois, Vamps Sister (Dee)

Sorry for bluriness...Ken, Lois, Dave

:music: The camera has been drinking, the camera has been drinking... Not Meeeeee! :music:

LOL Kon-Hemsby....I saw that typo and believe me I almost edited it, but was too busy. At least they weren't trouser snakes....cause those can really be dangerous in the bush. :o

freddie....I think you are correct....I really do need to keep an eye on that camera, it has an affinity for flashy drinks. :D

On 2007-06-04 20:12, VampiressRN wrote:

This link shows my Mom's interview.
plane crash

This was just after the crash landing.
crash landing

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-06-04 20:52 ]

HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!! Was this on your mom's trip home? :o

Yes, she was on her way home to San Diego...that was crazy huh!!! I just hooked up with Wendy and Dan yesterday...and big THANX to Wendy as she caught a TV news announcement with one of my Mom's interviews on video.

My Mom hasn't seen any of the TV announcements about the emergency landing, so she is really going to appreciate the video. I still can't figure out how to capture those on-line videos to save them in my files....and figure those links will go dead eventually...so having the video is a real treasure.

I know moondog TEVOed it so hopefully someone will check in here and tell me how to save it from that form. :)

Pages: 1 42 replies