Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Polynesian Dance

Pages: 1 9 replies

I think Polynesian dancing is such a beautiful art, so would love to hear from folks that do Polynesian dance, or want to learn the dances, or just like watching the hip and coconut bra action. :D

Turn your speakers on for Meki's Tamure Polynesian Dance Group.

Check out the Polynesian Cultural Center for more dance information.

You can get some Instructional Dance Videos which cover a variety of dancing styles.

I one of those people that have way to many calories on board (aka fat) so got some Hual instructional DVDs and maybe I can knock off a pound or two...LOL

I know Mrs. DrTikiMoJo is a Bellydancer, so maybe we can get her to stop by and post some fun intel. :D

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

VampTiki

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-05-03 13:19 ]

I did a Maori Hakka dance class last year, it was great fun and i don't think I've sweated so much in ages.
If it was possible to do it all the time I'd defiantly do it as a fitness thing.

Yeah, some of those dances look pretty danged energetic. I'll be sticking to some simple hula with my bad back....but may do the Maori tongue thing...LOL.

have you seen/got this record:

i got the cd on hols in Las Vegas from a tiki shop there in the aladdin - its got a lovely fold-out with picture instructions in it.... its a great album too, i was listening to it on my walk to work this morning!

also - not quite tiki but still related, if you like 60s go-go dance - i've got these GO-GO ROBICS DVDs (the world famous pontani sisters dance with Los Straitjackets - fabulous surf guitar band!!), they're good fun ! :

Go-go-go!

Couldn't find that hula one, but I do have a couple of instructional DVDs. I did get one of the GoGo DVDs, just for fun....thanks.

Beats of Polynesia are doimg Traditional Polynesian Dance classes at the London Luau this year.
If you want to come down and give it a go during the weekend, they will be at Studio 95, The Old truman Brewery, Brick lane.
http://www.thelondonluau.co.uk

On 2007-05-21 07:12, VampiressRN wrote:
Couldn't find that hula one, but I do have a couple of instructional DVDs. I did get one of the GoGo DVDs, just for fun....thanks.

i found a link here, although its out of stock...

http://www.mele.com/music/artist/maile+serenaders/let's+hula/

but if you search on The Maile Serenaders on google, a whole bunch of things come up so you should be able to find it somewhere....

If you're in northern California, dig hula and want to learn check out the E Pili Kakou happening this weekend at the Radison in Sacramento. World class Kumu Hula's from Hawaii and Tahiti teach a variety of interest and skill levels to beginners and experienced dancers alike. It's a three day event starting this Friday 5/25. It's basically an immersion into the art for 3 days and it's the only one of its kind on the mainland (Kauai is where the other E Pili Kakou is held in January). It's strictly non-competitive as the Kumu Hula's emphasize the spiritual side of hula.

http://www.epilikakou-sacramento.org/index.html

Thanks for posting that AC...if I didn't have my family coming in this weekend for a visit, I would register for the event. :)

TL

Try this CD

Or this one

Great CD's. A Young lady from our church dances locally on Friday's and Saturday's at the Hong Kong Inn in Ventura CA. Her mother is from Samoa and she uses these CD's and others to Practice with.

Hang Loose and Stay Cool

[ Edited by: T1K1 LEE 2007-05-23 22:46 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies