Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trader Vic's Atlanta has it going on! B.H.- Are you listening?

Pages: 1 15 replies

NEWS ALERT: I just recieved a phone call from SoccerTiki. He went up to The Beverly Hilton to check things out. The New Trader Vics Poolside Bar is OPEN. He said it is PACKED and to top that off they are giving out Free Trader Vic's Mai Tai's Tonight. SoccerTiki has his camera and will post pics tonight when he gets home. Chai, the Old TV Manager, is there and SoccerTiki will have all kinds of facts to report to us when he gets home. WOOOOHOOOOO!!!

FREE MAI TAIS!!!??

Damn! I wish I was in L.A. now! :lol:

P
pablus posted on Thu, May 3, 2007 6:13 PM

Trader Vics Atlanta had Tiki Kiliki and Swanky there to make the scene.
I remember walking into that restaurant dozens of times with 7 people in the whole place.
I remember Joel's first week as bartender.

Then, after Hukilau Number One, Kiliki got hold of it and turned it back into one of the premier ATL hotspots.

It was already wonderful. They didn't change much except for promotions and drink specials.

And Joel is one smokin' bartender.

Anyway, if Trader Vics had any brains at all, they'd throw money at Kiliki and watch it turn into piles of money.
Girl knows how to throw a party.

And they still haven't fixed "John's" name:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=20815&forum=1

:wink:

The Lavapalooza looks interesting on the Atlanta site. The one and only TV experience I've had was in Emeryville...the service was great and the food was fantastic. :)

Looking forward to SoccerTikis report and pics.

T

On 2007-05-03 18:43, Formikahini wrote:
And they still haven't fixed "John's" name:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=20815&forum=1

:wink:

I spoke with John recently, he sends his regards.

My third favorite place in the world... (1) In my own skin (2)Mai Kai (3)Trader Vic's Atlanta

G

On 2007-05-03 23:03, Basement Kahuna wrote:
My third favorite place in the world... (1) In my own skin (2)Mai Kai (3)Trader Vic's Atlanta

Kinda creepy... I sure hope you're not inviting anyone to join you at your favorite place.

S

TV Atlanta was the last of a breed. Last built. Last old school style.

I took Kiliki there for her first visit in maybe 2000-2001, and we were the only people there. The other times we visited, we were always the only people in the entire room for dinner. There would be a few people in the bar, a smattering of young folks. But it was dead most of the time.

I

My husband and I went to Trader Vic's Atlanta tonight. It was plenty full...full enough that we got ignored for stretches of time in favor of larger groups. Pretty staid groups. The people in the bar proper looked to be more fun than the people in the dining room. The food was pretty good. The drinks were better. Good drinks.

I really wanted a drink menu and I asked to buy one. The waitress got the manager...he said they don't sell them, but that he'd look to see if there was a worn one I could have, and he found one and gave it to me for free! It's hardly worn at all, just slightly. There was no way I could steal one, even though I pondered it. I would have felt really, really guilty.

They told me about the parties they have there...the next one is St. Patrick's Day. And in the summer they have one on the rooftop by the pool. Gotta keep an eye out for that one.

I

The wood fired ovens at TV Atlanta...

The hard to find tiki outside the hidden "entrance"...

A few indoor shots...

P

It's not "stealing" if you treasure it.

At least that's what I tell myself.

I
irishf posted on Sun, Mar 9, 2008 6:58 PM

Yeah, but asking to buy one with fervor netted me one for FREE!

Went back again last night for more Navy Grog. I think it's my favorite.

The wood smell of the ovens was wonderful, especially since there was snow falling yesterday in the Atlanta area (did not stick).

I did the exact same thing back on my first visit... at the end of the night I asked Joel (everyone's favorite bar manager) if I could buy a menu. He looked around the back and gave me one for free. Unfortunately, Joel had the night off the last time we visited. Vic's Atlanta is a first class operation all the way.

Visited TV Atlanta last week...my first real Vic's visit! IT WAS AN ABSOLUTE BEAUT'! It was somewhat empty...on a Monday night though. The Chinese ovens were pretty damn cool.

My girlfriend was with me and she's an eater, not a drinker...and she was pretty damn pissed that I told her to get me 'whatever' on the menu, I didn't care. I was here for the TV atmosphere, and of course, the drinks!

I ended up drinking a Tiki Bowl, 2 Mai Tai's, a Gun Club Punch (cool cool mug), and some deadly orange-pink colored drink in a clear glass ... I was too trashed to remember what the name of of it was...weke something?

The service was amazing, and our waitress (forgot her name as well), was this sweet asian wahine. She said she had been working there for 15 years! She knew every damned drink on the menu :wink:

I loved the place. I took tons of pics, I bought a TV Mai Tai glass and a coffee mug to show off at work. Funny thing was that night most of the patrons (there werent many) looked over the age of 60. Perhaps they were old school TV regulars?

-DD

Pages: 1 15 replies