Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Very Rare, indeed. Seattle's Kalua Room tiki mug.

Pages: 1 5 replies

M

As Merv Griffin would say, "Oohhheewwwooohhh!" Would Merv say that? Not sure, but I would. This mug is indeed rare, perhaps one of the rarest of the rare, as in Pittsburgh-style rare for you steak enthusiasts.

From the Kalua Room in Seattle, an interesting representation of a PNG drum, complete with finely detailed bird. I've seen one, maybe two, of these in all my weeks of collecting/selling tiki mugs. Super rare and this one is in fine shape, better than mine!

This is where you click to see the cool mug's auction listing!

For all you mug weirdos out there, especially you "completists" or Seattle fans, this mug is one of the reasonably pious grails. Some could argue "Tiki?", but I would be firmly in the "Si, tiki" camp (sipping a Navy Grog and anticipating big sums thrown at this rarity). No, it's not my mug. Ain't no way would I sell mine, it's way too Pittsburgh-style, amigo.

Bad to the bone,
Delaware destroying midnite

Hey, does the can of Coke come with it !? :lol: ... :D ... :) ... :(

Sorry. For this bad joke, I will post some pics in support of your mug:

...one day, at the Kalua Room

"Waitress, there are bird droppings in my drink!"

"Soon I will make my move..."

M
  • bigbrotiki wrote:

"Sorry. For this bad joke, I will post some pics in support of your mug:"*

T'is not my mug. I do have one, but the one for sale is not mine. Now the, even rarer and unquestionably tiki, Kalua Room mug below is my mug. It is the only one I have ever seen/come across. It is the tiki seen on the front cover of the Kalua Room menu in the postcard shots you posted. Voila, I give you the prize, or one of about twenty prizes, of my collection:

Tall mug, about 9" or so. It remains the priciest mug in la colección del midnite. Paid a pretty farthing for this dust collector.

"Soon I will make my move..."

I hope not, as I think the gentleman is admiring, perhaps too enthusiastically, the ring-tailed monkeys Kalua Room had on display in an air-conditioned cage. Maybe he thought it was akin to the lobster tanks at seafood joints. Hmmm, grilled , cinnamon ring-tailed monkey....with a side of slaw.

Animals is tasty,
el midnite

You only have one of these? And you have only seen one? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.So if a guy has 3, is that too many?

M

*Hot Rod Tiki wrote:
You only have one of these? And you have only seen one? So if a guy has 3, is that too many?

No, that would be two many. I see three, but I have one. Of the Kalua Room tiki mug, that is. Each. One of each. I got four Ohana Huts. That's only because I traded a few of my Sheckys for them. But I still don't have a Sufferin' Bastard. No justice in the world I tell ya. No peace, no justice. Something like that, it's all very confusing as someone has screwed the margins!

If a shelf has 12 tiki mugs on it and 1/5 are broken by a certain clumsy Tiki Centralite, how many $13 cocktails at Forbidden Island will that person owe you if each mug is deemed to be worth two times the dollar amount for a single ticket on a train from Chicago to San Jose if that train leaves Chicago traveling at 80 mph and the bridge over the river is out, where do you bury the survivors?

Math is hard,
el midnnite

T

The Tiki gods were kind this week and I found the Kalua Room mug for $10.00 this weekend in Fresno. https://tikicentral.com/uploads/1394/4dbf4af3.jpg

[ Edited by: tikidon 2012-06-13 14:18 ]

Pages: 1 5 replies