Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

hijacked bar/L.A. fire thread-more rattan in the wild updated 5/12

Pages: 1 6 replies

S

Tiki bar sold...

An animal rescue group is having a fund raiser in Pasadena today and tomorrow (12th & 13th). I saw a nice vintage rattan chair set for 100 bucks and it's still there. Not the kind with the pretzel arms, in fact no arms at all, but very island/tiki looking. One piece is a corner chair and the other 3 are sectional chairs (without arms as well) that can be used with it or separately. There's also a bamboo/rattan table with the set. The cusions are dark green and clean and show little wear. I'd get it, but I've already got some. Sorry, I didn't have my camera. Here's their information:782 W. Mariposa St. Altadena 91001 cross street is Casitas. (626) 794-4306

[ Edited by: spy-tiki 2007-05-12 16:19 ]

[ Edited by: spy-tiki 2007-05-12 16:20 ]

[ Edited by: spy-tiki 2007-05-12 16:24 ]

.....WHILE IN FURTHER NEWS FROM LA, the yearly brush fires for the first time caused the fire helicopters to dip into Silverlake to douse a fire in Griffth Park:

Taking off...

....flying back...

...to the fire.

SORRY for hijacking your thread, Spy, I just thought this was so neat (well, except for the folks in those Los Feliz Hills), almost right in my front yard, and though this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH TIKI, it does the least damage here, and I wanted to share it with the LA Ohana. I promise I'll never do it again! This shall be NO PRECEDENT for lawless, Tiki-unrelated posting behavior!!! (...please) :)

S

I think someone owes me a drink!

Sure, if we get outta this alive....:

OK boys, the fun is over now, the wind has changed, those poor folks up there are getting their butts fried, it's time to turn it off...:

...where's the off switch? :(

Historic observatory threatened by fire along with zoo. It looks very scary...argh....arson....sick people.

Nice bar spy...hope it finds a good home. :)

S

[ Edited by: spy-tiki 2007-05-12 16:11 ]

S

Pages: 1 6 replies