Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Central Calendar of events

Pages: 1 20 replies

TT

I think Tiki Central needs a calendar..
Just something to scroll through in date order to see whats on.. not in a forum format..
couldn't be too hard, Right?

Cool Idea! I second that!

I like that idea too. :)

P
pablus posted on Wed, May 9, 2007 5:31 AM
S
Swanky posted on Wed, May 9, 2007 7:03 AM

Let me nerd-tificate here...

Hanford based TC on phpBB and made a lot of modifications to that version. There have been many many versions since then, but to update to them would hose all the changes he has made. If TC was on the latest version, incorporating a calendar into it would be fairly easy. However, finding a calendar mod that will play nice with this version may not be easy... But, I dare say there is a stand alone calendar that could be added. Just got to get someone to moderate it and keep it up to date. It could link into the TC threads for the event too...

G

On 2007-05-09 07:03, Swanky wrote:
Just got to get someone to moderate it and keep it up to date.

I nominate Swanky.

D

michelle does a great job on her humuhumu blog ~ look on the right column "Upcoming Tiki Events".

this has been discussed before here..

Cool idea and can't eait to see the Swanky calendar

H

It is a great idea, and it's been brought up & attempted several times before -- there are way too many events to keep up with manually. But it doesn't have to be done manually, all the info is already there in Tiki Events, it just has to be extracted and displayed differently. It actually wouldn't be that hard to build, and as a matter o' fact, I already did all the design work for it a couple years ago! I've offered several times to whip it up for Hanford, but this really is his baby. He could easily do it himself, but he's up to his armpits with other projects & deadlines right now. Maybe I'll offer again this morning.

MT

On 2007-05-09 05:31, pablus wrote:
http://www.tikicalendar.com/

That's a cool idea. But who owns that website? Is it Swanky, or another Tiki Centralite? I don't want to just give out my e-mail address to some random website, even if it is not my main e-mail account.

UB

Swanky,
I emailed you some future dates for the calendar.
Make sure they are hot-linked to the related websites too, or I'll be pissed if you don't.

THANKS! :)

S
Swanky posted on Wed, May 9, 2007 2:21 PM

On 2007-05-09 14:08, Mai Tai wrote:

On 2007-05-09 05:31, pablus wrote:
http://www.tikicalendar.com/

That's a cool idea. But who owns that website? Is it Swanky, or another Tiki Centralite? I don't want to just give out my e-mail address to some random website, even if it is not my main e-mail account.

It's mine.

On 2007-05-09 11:10, Humuhumu wrote:
It is a great idea, and it's been brought up & attempted several times before -- there are way too many events to keep up with manually. But it doesn't have to be done manually, all the info is already there in Tiki Events, it just has to be extracted and displayed differently.

I'm glad someone bought this up! :D
As a vendor I'm watching the Tiki Events colum almost religiously....the biggest problem is that events that happened a YEAR ago pop back to the top of the thread when some posts something new. This means whenever I look for what's happening SOON that I need to plan for that I have to sort through all this. Often times causing me to over look or miss an event with enough time to register as a vendor.

My thought was that there should be one more thread for PAST EVENTS into which all events....well, PAST would then move into! That way everyone looking at what's happening and coming up would have the proper thread to read and be right on top of things and current!

Naturally I didn't want to ruffle any feathers with the powers that be so I just let it slide......but I am glad the discussion has begun and I'm not the only one this troubles! :)

MT

On 2007-05-09 14:21, Swanky wrote:

On 2007-05-09 14:08, Mai Tai wrote:

It's mine.

Good deal, I'm in. I just signed up! Cheers!

On 2007-05-09 14:20, Unga Bunga wrote:
...Make sure they are hot-linked to the related websites too, or I'll be pissed if you don't.

THANKS! :)

mmmmmmmm...hot links

We're gonna have a "small gathering" (lol!!?) at the Bamboo Ben Parking Lot the Sunday before Oasis. All the tenants are gonna get involved this time. Party Time!

Greasers. ( auto)

Cr users. ( bikes)

Tiki Freaks.

Wood Shops.( Bud's World of wood)

Storage ( will not attend)

and, Glue in Hair Extensions!!!! ( they took over Auto M.D's shop! Gilligan is no longer with us!!)

Should be quite the (tiki) Freak Show!!!

Will post more soon..................

Maybe something like this My People Connection calendar. It's so easy to read and members can post their own events so it is not the responsibility of one person to keep it going, just like on TC in a calendar format.

http://www.mypeopleconnection.com/~la/eventdb/calendar.php?cityid=1&month=5&year=2007&day=0

All I'm askin' for is a separate thread of CURRENT EVENTS. :D

S
Swanky posted on Thu, Jun 7, 2007 8:14 AM

I have started a Google calendar of Tiki Events. I just spent a short time gettign it started. I'll research and add more events as I can:

Tiki Events Calendar

B

Nice job swanky! Thanks for taking the initiative on this.

S

Feeds for the Tiki Events calendar:

XML
ICAL
{url=http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=srifl7po2qe7jin05lekcn9iqk%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York]HTML[/url]

If anyone wants to help keep it up to date, email me.

Pages: 1 20 replies