Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

This is f*cking hot...

Pages: 1 7 replies

Indeed it is....I have that CD and truly enjoy it. A good investment!!!

I agree with the vibraphoning blood sucker!
I was just wondering if any talented folks were going to combine exotica with trance and ambient music. Viola! (Such a nice little price too!)

There is an article in the new Tiki Magazine about the mix of Exotica and Electronica. It was interesting to read, and I like some of it.
But I'm not 100% crazy fan of it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

G

It's good. I'd say decent. I've got it and a song from it comes up now and again on the playlist. It's, er... electronic though. But fcking hot? Put down the glass, get a good night's sleep and see if it's still fcking hot in the morning. :)

On 2007-05-12 15:52, bigtikidude wrote:
There is an article in the new Tiki Magazine about the mix of Exotica and Electronica. It was interesting to read, and I like some of it.
But I'm not 100% crazy fan of it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Electronic Exotica music is definitely a different breed and not everyone's cup of tea. I find it fascinating though and savor it like a fine wine, or mai tai. :wink:

I can't wait to hear what Kavakon comes out with next!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Still hot...I liked it merely for the fact that it's something a bit colorful and different awash in a sea of revisionist exotica yawns.

I like it as they did such a great job of blending the styles. It is different and refreshing and I do appreciate electronic music that has a good driving samba or bossanova beat. The compositions are simple and clean and there is a good mix of easy listening with energetic pieces. It's not Les Baxter or Don Tiki, but it is a welcome option on my turn table. :)

Pages: 1 7 replies