Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Rattan at Ikea

Pages: 1 8 replies

I like to go to Ikea for their cheap stuff. Lots of lighting to light those mugs up.
I've picked up Ikea things at garage sales for the same price as Ikea AND they were already built. That is a good deal too.

Anyways, back to the rattan. There are some cheap enough rattan pieces at Ikea that are good enough for the yard or indoors.

The "set" that is in the outdoor area (the first pic) of your local Ikea seem to be the deal.

A

I just noticed this Jassa line at IKEA. Quite a number of things that could work for folks decorating on a budget:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=jassa

H

Yup, that pendant lampshade has a lot of possibilities.

On 2017-03-22 13:07, hiltiki wrote:
Yup, that pendant lampshade has a lot of possibilities.

Indeed! Both of them even.

Some of the furniture actually holds some possibilities as well, at least maybe after some customization...

J

Unfortunately, I've been watching those items for a couple weeks and they're never available to buy online and my local store always shows no inventory of them. There are a few things in the new collections that I want, but do I really want to brave Ikea crowds without knowing for sure they're going to have what I want?

B

On 2017-03-24 14:30, JenTiki wrote:
I've been watching those items for a couple weeks and they're never available to buy online and my local store always shows no inventory of them.

I'm in the same boat, Jen. A friend of mine here in Seattle tweeted at our local Ikea store, and they responded that stock should be arriving here in early April. Maybe folks at your local store can give a better estimate than the website.

J

On 2017-03-24 15:44, bobtiki wrote:

On 2017-03-24 14:30, JenTiki wrote:
I've been watching those items for a couple weeks and they're never available to buy online and my local store always shows no inventory of them.

I'm in the same boat, Jen. A friend of mine here in Seattle tweeted at our local Ikea store, and they responded that stock should be arriving here in early April. Maybe folks at your local store can give a better estimate than the website.

Good to know. Sadly, my experiences with customer service at my local Ikea have been less than stellar, so I'll probably just keep checking the website, rather than try to get accurate information from the people.

J

Hey! Going on Bobtiki's suggestion, I checked the twitter feed for my local Ikea and it turns out they posted some pics of their display of the Jassa collection five days ago, so they clearly have it in stock and just haven't updated the website. That in itself is annoying as heck!

Saw the lamp shades at Ikea in Brooklyn today and bought one of each! They were already marked down!

[ Edited by: DixonAlibi 2017-05-01 10:27 ]

Pages: 1 8 replies