Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Oceanic Arts 50th Anniversary Tiki mug in stock @ OA now!

Pages: 1 2 3 95 replies

Alright all you fellow nutbags, just want to let you know that starting Thursday early a.m., I'm away on business and when I get back, I've got obligations that will essentially tie me up through May 31st with minimal free time. So, if this post gets funkadelic in the interim, wanting some form of TF reply... ain't likely.

Great job Diablo!
Stop calling OA regarding shipping.
Bob say's he is getting 20 phone calls a day with people trying to get him to ship the mug.
It's not gonna happen.

RT

Free Oceanic Arts mug!

Okay, Ohana, here's my offer:

You fly, I'll buy!

That's right. If you are willing and able to purchase two OA mugs, one for yourself and one for me, I will reimburse you for the cost of BOTH mugs plus the cost to ship one to St. Louis!

Please PM me. Starving artists welcome!
Mahalo, Rev. Tiki

The Ohana has come through! My order has been filled, and I am grateful!

Life is Paradise...create Heaven on Earth!

[ Edited by: Rev. Tiki 2007-05-16 09:57 ]

D

I am going past AO this morning if you want a mug PM me ASAP.

T

i just got back from there & they are awesome mugs! they look even better in person. i got 2 but only need 1, so i would be happy to listen to some offers from those of you who can't go get one for yourself. it will be unopened & packed very well for shipment. pm me if interested. and for the locals, bob said they're guessing they'll be sold out by saturday, so if you want one get there quick.

[ Edited by: tiki5-0 2007-05-16 10:47 ]

D

On 2007-05-16 09:45, dibroc wrote:
I am going past AO this morning if you want a mug PM me ASAP.

I am on my way. no more pm for orders please. I will contact those of you who have ordered later today.

I've all my family and friends to OA to buy 2 mugs each. I now have 468 OA Mugs!

On 2007-05-16 12:03, Tiki Matt wrote:
I've all my family and friends to OA to buy 2 mugs each. I now have 468 OA Mugs!

Wow Matt must be a big family... :)

[ Edited by: tiki_fever 2007-05-16 14:38 ]

D

On 2007-05-16 12:03, Tiki Matt wrote:

Not really how I did it but I was able to help a few of the ohama get their AO fix with out ebay prices.

So here is the deal OA will let me pick up a small amount of mugs to be shipped out of Southern Calif. ( sorry So Cal peps but this was the way I could work it out.

If you want to order and have the mugs shipped to you PM me. I will ship these out insured and at actural cost. I will be able to get a few more so pm me and I will get back with details. OA is keeping a list so if you have HAD A MUG PICKUP ALREADY DO NOT TRY TO GET ANOTHER ONE OR THEY WILL PULL THE PLUG ON THIS.

J

Duh - replied and didn't send a PM...

[ Edited by: johnman 2007-05-16 19:43 ]

Shit Holden!
You could have sold thousands of these.

On 2007-05-16 20:07, Unga Bunga wrote:
Shit Holden!
You could have sold thousands of these.

I can name a few that could have sold thousands, but it's just $Money$ :D

Maybe if they sell out, they could do a second open ended run in different colours...

thanks for the help here John!!

[ Edited by: makedamug 2007-05-17 00:50 ]

T

i still have 1 available if someone is interested. pm if you want to try to strike a deal.

As of this morning there were only 44 left at OA.

D

The Dibroc / OA mug connection is closed. I hope all who wanted one were able to get one. All who have ordered please be sure I have all the shipping info. I will get these out no later than Saturday.

On 2007-05-16 21:28, TikiGardener wrote:
Maybe if they sell out, they could do a second open ended run in different colours...

There is always the 51st anniversary to look forward to...

Still I wouldn't mind seeing other mugs with this basic forms. It's classy, kind of like the bucket mug.

I

My offer for a Aloha trade - an Oceanic Arts Mug for me, and a limited edition print (#27 of 50) Jack Lord autographed print for you, still stands.

[UPDATE May 18, 11:18 am] I arranged to get my Oceanic Arts mug, so the above trade offer no longer stands.]

Vern

[ Edited by: ikitnrev 2007-05-18 08:22 ]

On 2007-05-17 14:40, sporkboyofjustice wrote:

On 2007-05-17 13:35, Blue Thunder wrote:
Already one on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Limited-Edition-Oceanic-Arts-50th-Anniversary-Tiki-Mug_W0QQitemZ180117524770QQihZ008QQcategoryZ29460QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Closed at $81, sheesh.

Don't think that bidding on this $12 one will turn out to be a great steal!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Oceanic-Arts-Tiki-Mug-50th-Anniversary-Scarce_W0QQitemZ180118065283QQihZ008QQcategoryZ3206QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Read the SMALL PRINT!

"...This will be very wanted in the future, don't miss this! Winner pays $50."

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

Saw that small print. This is the kind of sneaky schmuck everyone feared. Oh well, hopefully no one will fall for it and he will just have to pay the listing fees!

D

Here is the list of people I am sending Mugs too. if you think you ordered one from OA and your name is not here let me know.
Dr. Tiki Mojo, Tikichic, Midnite_Tiki, Johnman, TravelingJones, Karbora, TedTiki, Kahaka, Stiki Tiki, Rev. Tiki, and croe67

Alicia I need shipping info.

On 2007-05-17 15:08, POCKETIKI wrote:

On 2007-05-17 14:40, sporkboyofjustice wrote:

On 2007-05-17 13:35, Blue Thunder wrote:
Already one on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Limited-Edition-Oceanic-Arts-50th-Anniversary-Tiki-Mug_W0QQitemZ180117524770QQihZ008QQcategoryZ29460QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Closed at $81, sheesh.

Don't think that bidding on this $12 one will turn out to be a great steal!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Oceanic-Arts-Tiki-Mug-50th-Anniversary-Scarce_W0QQitemZ180118065283QQihZ008QQcategoryZ3206QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Read the SMALL PRINT!

"...This will be very wanted in the future, don't miss this! Winner pays $50."

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

:lol: wow I'm thinking I know who that is HAHAHA :D no.. not me I want a ohana hut I'm workin on it. Should have held out soon as they are gone they are gonna go for least $160.00.

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-05-17 17:22 ]

K

Dibroc-

Mahalo to you for going way out of your way to assist those of us in far off lands. I appreciate being a recipient of your aloha spirit...

Karbora

On 2007-05-17 18:19, Karbora wrote:
Dibroc-
Mahalo to you for going way out of your way to assist those of us in far off lands. I appreciate being a recipient of your aloha spirit...

DITTO here Dibroc, the extra mug is earmarked and will be sent to Ohana in a sooo far away place... it's down under! Mahalo for helping me pass it along! :D You are now Patron Saint 'Tikis'! :D

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

D

Well here we go for the LAST time. The good people at OA have not kicked me out or stopped taking your calls. If you want a OA 50th mug and you do not live in southern cal you may be in luck. Call AO 562. 698.6960 (open at 8:00am PT)ask for Susan. Order your mug with a credit card and tell her that John will be picking it up for you. After you order from OA pm me with your shipping address and real name. I will p/u, pack, and ship it to you. The mug will be shipped usps priority mail insured and w/ tracking number. The shipping is at actual cost (I guessing 10 -12 bucks) no handling fees or that bs. You can send me a check when you receive the package. I will make the last pick up Friday at 1:00pm. I am not sure how many more they will let go out this way so call early if you want it. If you have had someone else pick one up for you please do not try to get another, Susan is keeping a good list and will not allow that to happen.

feel free to pm me with questions good luck to those who are looking for the mug at the retail price.

[ Edited by: dibroc 2007-05-17 19:42 ]

[ Edited by: dibroc 2007-05-18 08:32 ]

[ Edited by: dibroc 2007-05-18 08:33 ]

[ Edited by: dibroc 2008-03-22 10:38 ]

T

On 2007-05-17 18:57, TravelingJones wrote:

On 2007-05-17 18:19, Karbora wrote:
Dibroc-

DITTO here Dibroc, the extra mug is earmarked and will be sent to Ohana in a sooo far away place... it's down under! Mahalo for helping me pass it along! :D You are now Patron Saint 'Tikis'! :D

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

Triple that mahalo for me. I am so happy that this Illinois boy can get a mug. The extra goes to ohana in the "show me state".

I

[redundant info removed]

[ Edited by: ikitnrev 2007-05-18 08:35 ]

RB

Such service...can't say "mahalo" enough.

DIBROC,

You have earned some serious ALOHA miles, brother! Way to go!!!!

D

The third and final mug run is done. If you ordered a mug and your name is not here let me know ASAP thanks
Serious Voodo, ikitnrev, rumballs, tikiwinebear, thunderlips, and pocketiki. the packages will go in the morning. Pocketiki and dogbytes I still need shipping info.

This was fun lets do it again for Tiki Farm's 50th. When is that another 43 years or so? thanks for playing.

[ Edited by: dibroc 2007-05-18 15:56 ]

On 2007-05-18 15:53, dibroc wrote:

This was fun lets do it again for Tiki Farm's 50th. When is that another 43 years or so? thanks for playing.

[ Edited by: dibroc 2007-05-18 15:56 ]

Hey DiBroc!

Will you do this when My mug comes out?

I'm just day dreaming!!!!

( maybe I should hit up Munktiki for a Bamboo Ben mug........)

On 2007-05-18 23:23, RevBambooBen wrote:

[Hey DiBroc!

Ouch!

On 2007-05-18 23:32, Hiphipahula wrote:

On 2007-05-18 23:23, RevBambooBen wrote:

[Hey DiBroc!

Ouch!

Ouch is right!

( my feelings are hurt way more than you know........)

Brother Ben-jamin,

What you talkin'bout? We see your mug in every post.
Hey, if you're coming to Hukilau bring me a bucket this year. Mahalo!

Yo,,RugbyM...wish I was makin Huki this year..r U hittin Oasis???
Back to the subject> I gots an extra OAmug, i'm lookin to get a Munktiki Pokop Kambang, shoot me those PM's if interested.

Here is some photo history of THE MUGS arriving at O.A. (5/15):
Bob opening the first box of mugs

The box o'gold!

The first mug coming out

Bob handing numero uno to me

Bob was nice enough to sign the first out of the box for me!

My two favorite mugs!!! (to the right of Mr Bali Hai)

The stock of mugs (now depleted!)

If you have never been to Oceanic Arts and you have the opportunity...TAKE IT!!! They (and their store) typify the spirit of Aloha and Tiki! Just respect their lunch hour 12-1pm (unless you bring ribs and grog!)

Bob looks so happy!

I'm sure he is even happier now that you posted those pics!!!

ARRRRRRRRR!!!!!

lol!!

Got mine today! Yay!

They only had about 20 left.

RB

Received mine today up the Left Coast in Portland via dibroc (thank you!)...and the mug is absolutely stunning.

C

Got mine today, too - MUCH larger than I thought - a beautiful mug!!!

dibroc, you're a tiki mug saint - is there a tiki god that is "god of the tiki mugs"????
I haven't seen one, but there should be one so I could send one to dibroc today :wink:

T

On 2007-05-23 14:44, croe67 wrote:
Got mine today, too - MUCH larger than I thought - a beautiful mug!!!

dibroc, you're a tiki mug saint - is there a tiki god that is "god of the tiki mugs"????
I haven't seen one, but there should be one so I could send one to dibroc today :wink:

Mine arrived today also... I have to agree, Dibroc you are a wonderful person for spending your time & energy to get these for us... Thank you, from the far, far away East Coast!

Tikisgrl

D

The first shipment of mugs should be at there new homes by now. If you have not received your mug(s) let me know so I can track the shipment. thanks to those who have send out the shipping payments.

D
dibroc posted on Wed, Jun 6, 2007 8:19 AM

I spoke to Susan yesterday and she wanted me to post that OA has a new shipment of mugs in stock. The same deal as before "in store sales" only. So all you so cal people drop by to say hi and pick up your mugs while you still can. (note they are closed for lunch 12 noon to 1:00pm)

I
I-Tiki posted on Sat, Jun 9, 2007 8:40 PM

UPDATE:

I was able to visit OA for the first (certainly not the last) time on Thursday. Call it a chance to worship at the great tiki mecca. They had about ten mugs left then. Spoke to Bob for a while though and he mentioned that the remaining 200 mugs were being shipped to OA from the Farm. So fellow tikiphiles these will be the ablsolute last 200 units available. I got mine (autographed by Bob and Leory of course)! Good luck. The mug is definately worth it.

Cheers!

ITiki

W
Wolli posted on Mon, Jun 11, 2007 8:22 AM

Is anybody here, who can help me to get one of them over to Germany ???

Thanks a lot,
Wolli

Pages: 1 2 3 95 replies