Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Looking for Central California Tiki People

Pages: 1 11 replies

Hello All,
I’ve been talking to a reporter from a local newspaper (Fresno Bee) who is considering writing an article about the Tiki Culture. She is looking for tiki enthusiasts in the central California area. If you are from California’s San Joaquin Valley and would like to be interviewed or otherwise contribute please send your email and I will forward it to her. My email is in profile.

Also, if anyone knows how to contact Tiki Carver Zak Zachary please let me know.
Thanks.

[ Edited by: ThreeTikis 2007-05-16 11:38 ]

Also, if anyone knows how to contact Tiki Carver Zak Zachary please let me know.
Thanks.

[ Edited by: ThreeTikis 2007-05-16 11:38 ]

Call up The Freaky Factory (in "locating tiki"). Hodadhank sells ZZ tikis.

Man, you should see those HA-YUGE tiki masks by Zack. Giganamous I tell ya.

Jungle Trader

Drunken Hat

TikiCleen

Are all in the Central Valley

Use the PM Feature on Tiki Central to contact them

Tikimookie is pretty hardcore

MT

TikiHula is in the Sacramento area now. Does that count?

Isn't Martin's family from the Fresno area, or they lived there for a while? I think Martin is fairly knowledgeable about Fresno tiki.

MT

Oh, and how can I forget kingstiedye - he's also in Sacramento, and probably has one of the biggest tiki mug collections around, as well as other cool tiki things. Over 1,258 mugs in his Ooga Mooga collection as of today, and growing.

Also, there's pariartspaul. And danlovestikis. In fact, there's quite a few hard core tikiphiles in the Sacramento area. One of the local news stations did a story on danlovestikis, and here's a link:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=22884&forum=1

There was a Tiki Central Sacramento crawl last December, and a lot of Sacramento tiki folks attended:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=21867&forum=17

Here's another Tiki Central Sacramento get together with a lot of Sacramento tiki peeps:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=22917&forum=17

TikiHula has an amazing collection of tiki. He had a jaw-dropping tiki room in his apartment when he lived in Santa Clara, called the Kapili Room, complete with lightning and thunder effect in the window, and a working Witco fountain. He also used to own one of the few Ren Clark Severed Head mugs still in existance. I can't wait to see what he's going to build out in Sacramento!

As Monkeyman mentioned above, there is also Jungle Trader, and The Drunken Hat and Tikicleen, who all are also very knowledgeable. In fact, The Drunken Hat and Tikicleen are the organizers of the annual Hooptylau, basically a tiki bar crawl that we have in the Modesto area every fall.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

M

I'm in Bakersfield and that counts too hehe

You bet mzoltarp. All the way from Bakersfield to Sactown counts. Let's take Tiki up a notch now and kick it in gear. Do something outrageously Tiki like Scott and Colleen have done. Just do it. There's Moai to this Valley than meets the eye.

M

I will post some pictures as soon a polyAMnesia is finished. It's a tiki space / bar / patio area build where we would park a motor home if we had one. It's a companion to our Telstar Lounge which is Atomic Age / Mid Century modern. polyAMnesia is not quite ready for prime time, but it will have been done on a budget without looking like it was on a budget. And yes I will share some secrets.

Hi, I've never turned down an opportunity to speak about tikis, I'll join the list of those offering to be interviewed and as usual I'd drag Dan out of his jungle room to say a few words! Wendy

YEAH WENDY!!!! You will do us proud. :)

M

My Telstar Lounge is now a blog http://TelstarLounge.blogspot.com Polyamnesia...my tiki space is 80% complete...I will post pix here soon.

Pages: 1 11 replies