Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Oceanic Arts 50th Anniv Mug for Trade

Pages: 1 0 replies

Hey All,

Well, since I have lived in Los Angeles since 1999, I am almost embarrassed to say that yesterday was my first trip to Oceanic Arts. WOW. Overwhelming is all I can say. Kinda confusing though, they have tons of stuff and some of it you can buy, some of it can be rented but not purchased, and they have artifacts sprinkled about that are also obviously not for sale. So many things to look at, you could spend hours, and I nearly did. I was told that the mugs have been selling like hotcakes and she also mentioned the backlash via phone/e-mail from people interested in having them shipped - which they are not doing. They are a very old school establishment. I was there in front of them and it took me like 15 minutes for the "transaction" part. Kinda like watching grass grow but with much more eye candy. They are definitely live life at their own pace (and why shouldn't they ). Anyways, I only intended on buying one (I went solo mid day - no traffic), but thought I could help one of you not so close TC Ohana in getting their hands on this great mug.

So after that long winded into, here is the deal. I have a OC 50th anniv mug sealed in the box. I opened mine and it is nice. Very heavy and it even includes a small booklet encapsulating thier history (and it is even signed by Bob and Leroy!!) I am taking trade offers until friday, when I will choose the winner and get this baby in the mail. I really don't want to accept cash offers as making money is not my intention. I wanna help out someone who can't get this mug while adding to my own mug collection. So look at your doubles or the ones you can part with and PM me and I will let the "winner" know on friday. I like em all: vintage to new, tiki farm to munktiki...well you get the idea.

Thanks for playing....now back to your regularly scheduled Wednesday....

Michael G aka tabtiki aka smgleason47

Pages: 1 0 replies