Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

A Real Suffering Bastard

Pages: 1 5 replies

Hi People,

Been collecting and carving for awhile so I thought I would share. I am always on the lookout for Tiki. Reconnected with my dad (He is 72) after 16+ years and another 16 before that of seperation. He moved to Montana and last Sept I flew out to see him and stayed for a month on his ranch. Now I know I was there to see my Dad and rekindle a relationship that never really existed but I was still looking for tiki every chance I got. None where to be found. I was about to give up when my dad sent me to the pantry to get something and in the very back corner I spied something. The three things in the pic below were what I saw. They are unopened and the suffering bastard has the original box. I did not know what it was until i opened it. Did not know they were called Mai Tai Joe.

I left my mark before I took leave. There was a stump from a white birch that had gotten ill and was cut down. I took some chisels to it. He scans the horizon out in Montana now.

GREAT find! dont toss that original box, that's money!

Killer Moai!!

Congrats on the Trader Vic find!! That newly carved moai is fabulous...very nicely done. He will look neat with a Montana snow cap this winter!

Looks like your link with your Dad was meant to be!!!

That Moai is so awesome looking over the outstretched land. He seems strong and happy to be guarding the earth....just like the Moai on Easter Island. :)

Looks like a good trade to me! Good mana all around.
Aloha,
:tiki:

Pages: 1 5 replies