Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Look What I Did, Friday May 25th

Pages: 1 16 replies

T

Scott and Jen of the Moai Lounge will have their home bar on HGTV's Look What I Did on Friday at 6pm. Having been there before, I can honestly say their place is awesome. Check them out on Friday. 6pm.

T

6 pm Eastern time ????

Thanks for the heads up. I was scheduling it online for the Tivo, and noticed that tomorrow (Thursday) they have a segment on a Hawaiian bamboo home. That sounds like it might be worth watching too.

M

Does the bus stop there?

(Can't wait to see!)

Mahalo!

McTiki

8T

Hey Scott & Jen, We just watched the show and it was great to see you guys showing off the moai lounge on tv.
It was nice to see so many views of the place and it was really helpful to learn all of your how to tips. Thanks for sharing your wonderful home and lounge. Oh and Scott, did they pay you for being extra goofy? :lol:
Too bad we live so far from you or we'd be there to sign your wall.
The 8ft's

been there, neener, neener :D

J

Big up Scott and Jenn and the Moai Lounge!! Representin' the Ol' Line with pride!

P

Oh man. How did I miss this thread? I missed the show and would have TiVo'd it, if I had known about it.

HGTV.com says the next airing date of this episode isn't until July 10, 2007 6:00 PM ET/PT. Will try to catch it then.

S

Hey, looky Pa!
It's on the YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ8ORwfaUdg

Enjoy!
Mr & Mrs Moai Lounge

P

On 2007-05-26 13:23, Scottiki wrote:
Hey, looky Pa!
It's on the YouTube!

Enjoy!
Mr & Mrs Moai Lounge

Thanks! The place looks great! :)

On 2007-05-26 13:23, Scottiki wrote:
Hey, looky Pa!
It's on the YouTube!

Enjoy!
Mr & Mrs Moai Lounge

Awesome! I remember reading the thread about the building of the Lounge quite a while back, and it is great to get a chance to see a bit more of it. I especially like the projected light with your logo on it. Not sure if I'll ever get a chance to see it in person, but it definitely helps inspire me in making my own future tiki lounge.

Chris

F
foamy posted on Sun, May 27, 2007 7:33 AM

Wow. Leave for a while and I come back to just having missed this. I'd have liked to have seen it on the TV. You folks like it on the other side of the camera—you did great! Good job!

T

Man, that dude got a wife that works !!!!!

TL

Hello,
Super job on you TIKI LOUNGE. I have shown the video to my family and friends and everybody is impressed. Could you please tell me where you purchased the TIKI LOUNGE Light with the MOAI on it .Thank a lot.

TIKI LEE

S

Thanks for posting it on Youtube Scott. I did see it when it aired, and was thrilled to see some of my work staring back at me. Your lounge really looks amazing, and they actually did a pretty good job presenting it despite this shows whacky editing style.
Congratulations on a job well done!

S

Thanks for the kind words...we were pretty pleased with how the segment turned out.
Lee: the sign was actually from Spencer's a few years ago...they pop up on EBay every once and a while, so keep an eye out!
Seamus: we couldn't be happier to share your art with the world! (Or at least HGTV's audience...and YouTube peeps!)
Perhaps this is only the start of an HGTV tiki revolution!!

Viva la raza tiki!

Mr & Mrs Moai Lounge

Way to go scott and jen! Incredible!
Thanks for sharing this basement of wonderment!
props to Turbo for alertin the peeps!

Pages: 1 16 replies