Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Intro

Pages: 1 8 replies

Hi. I'm really new to this, but met a few of the members of this forum at the Tiki Eyeball Show last week and had to check it out. I've been into Tiki art for years, carving (chainsaw) and painting, but only from books. This site is really amazing. I'll likely just lurk and read, but the few that I've met from here were a real fun bunch. I built and raced hot rods and customs my whole life, but I really dig carving tikis, too. This looks like a great place to meet people and learn a lot about the culture.

Welcome to TC....I know we will see you posting in the carving thread....would love to see some of your carvings. :)

Aloha Kevin! Nice hanging with you and the wahine Friday and Saturday!

By the way, do a Yahoo search for the Econo Lodge in Peru, IL. If we would have read those past customer reviews, I doubt we would have even considered staying there! The weekend had it's share of good times though.

Hope to see you two again this summer... Hot Rod Hula Hop in Columbus, OH in August maybe?

Really?,Cleveland? what part? i was starting to think i was the only one in here from the cleveland area. i'm near the airport in BEREA. There could be more ,but alot of posters seem to be shy about saying what part of the country they are in.

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2007-05-23 12:47 ]

howdy!!

it was nice seein ya at the tiki eyeball last weekend....glad you signed on here...there's alot of great tiki art here as well as info on the history of tiki places...see ya at the hunnert car pile-up, if not sooner...

On 2007-05-22 23:36, Lake Surfer wrote:

By the way, do a Yahoo search for the Econo Lodge in Peru, IL. If we would have read those past customer reviews, I doubt we would have even considered staying there! The weekend had it's share of good times though.

Hope to see you two again this summer... Hot Rod Hula Hop in Columbus, OH in August maybe?

..but we wouldn't have had as much fun bitching about the nasty ass rooms if we knew what we were in for!!....besides, you didn't stay there at all....you bailed out on us for La Quinta!!!

S

Hey Kevin, glad you're here. If you guys wanna make Hukilau next year, let me know. It was great to meet you two and mucho mahalos for the ride Friday night.

Thanks for the welcome. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the cool bunch from this forum I met at the Tiki Eyeball. Good drunken times! For the cat near me, I'm on the lower east side in Oakwood. I hope to see you all at another show soon.

On 2007-05-23 13:08, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

On 2007-05-22 23:36, Lake Surfer wrote:

..but we wouldn't have had as much fun bitching about the nasty ass rooms if we knew what we were in for!!....besides, you didn't stay there at all....you bailed out on us for La Quinta!!

You know it! No sticky floors, no mysterious stains, no fist holes in the walls... :wink:

Pages: 1 8 replies