Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

www.tikimagazine.com

Pages: 1 23 replies

Have you seen the new Tiki Magazine website yet? It looks good and has a few new features:

News and Events
Where is your Tiki Magazine?
Photo Gallery
Dream Wahine

The new url is http://www.tikimagazine.com but the site can still be accessed through http://www.tikimag.net

Enjoy,
Tiki Chris

S

The new url isn't working for now, but it's a great site.
Love the photo gallery!

that's a good question...where is my tiki magazine?? girlfriend got me a subscription for x-mas last year and i have yet to see a single issue yet.....arrrgghhh!!

Here is the correct address http://tikimag.net No www needed anymore, it's sorta like not needing to dial "1" on long distance calls on a cell phones. The new site looks great.
Chongolio

the photo gallery on there is awesome! Great new look! Easy to navigate thru! Hooray for Tiki Magazine!!!! Go there NOW!

G
GROG posted on Thu, May 24, 2007 9:25 AM

GROG like the website better than the magazine.

D

Me too Grog. There are pretty pictures and not as many big words.

AWESOME "new" website!!!

Kudos to everyone involved!!!

The gallery pictures and the Dream Wahine pictures are beautiful!!!

Keep up the good work!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

I too got a subscription and they have been very,very late everytime, still waiting for the latest, e-mailed with no response, I'm not a happy subscriber...

The new website looks great! The dream wahine looks cute, although I think Adriana Sage would eat her for breakfast...LITERALLY!!! One small point...No mention in the events section of the LONDON LUAU? Probably just an oversight in the excitement to go live with the new look site, I'm sure! Once again, great website guys!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

I agree, it looks killer,
another event that should be on the schedule is the Chicago Exotica event.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

M

I love my Tiki Magazine. It's very well written and elegantly produced. I could not enjoy it more. The one annoyance is that when I paid for a year's subscription, the first issue I got was a year old. Granted, Tiki Magazine goes a while between issues, but the year-old issue should have arrived with a note "Thank you for subscribing to Tiki Magazine. Here is a complimentary past issue. Your subscription will begin with the next-published issue." Sending a year-old copy and counting it as a current issue is a bad public relations move. I do a zine unrelated to Tiki and would send the previous issue as a bonus while waiting on the next new issue to arrive.

Well I got my Tiki Mag today, thanks Nick for the prompt help.

[ Edited by: Stiki Tiki 2007-05-29 15:34 ]

i have to agree with the above, however i did get my first issue from my subscription yesterday.......so tiki magazine is off my shit list for the time being.......till they piss me off again somehow....

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-05-26 10:43 ]

I sent Nick an email about the London Luau and Exotica. Good points.
For concerns about subscriptions ...

General information:
[email protected]

Subscriptions:
[email protected]

By phone:
(858) 722-4599

By mail:
Tiki Magazine
5663 Balboa Avenue, # 398
San Diego, CA 92111

Mahalo,
Tiki Chris

M

I have to wonder if the cost of producing the magazine is higher than the revenue it generates. It's great having all the glossy pages, but I'd settle for a little less quality on the internal paper to reduce cost and ensure success of the venture. I speculate that because Tiki Magazine is a business. It takes money from people--which is a contract--for services. If the magazine were solvent, I would imagine there would be no glitches. If the magazine IS solvent then the glitches noted above are from just sheer laziness. I assume the former rather than the latter in light of the great writing and layout.

Well, I can assure you that no one at Tiki Magazine is lazy.

Anyway, how about that new website?

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris 2007-05-28 07:32 ]

I can also assure TCers that anyone producing a magazine, or anything for that matter I guess, is usually anything but lazy! Producing POCKETIKI Magazine is a real struggle and really hard work, I'm sure it is NO LESS EFFORT for TIKI Magazine! I personally applaud their efforts and I'm sure they will iron out the subscriptions issue. As for the idea of anyone making any money out of a magazine...How absurd, ha, ha!!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai...in fact, to prove we magazine folk are not lazy! I'll make my own bloody Mai-Tai! Want one Chris? On me!!

On 2007-05-28 11:05, POCKETIKI wrote:
I can also assure TCers that anyone producing a magazine, or anything for that matter I guess, is usually anything but lazy!

Why are we still waiting for POCKETIKI No3 then :wink:

T

First off, TikiMagazine is the best Magazine that I have ever had in my life. I have always had a subscription to a magazine or two or six from age six on.

The issue with past issues, as a comparison, I subscribed to Otto's tikiNEWS and all my issues were past issues. From five years ago, now seven, (the most current issue and I didn't even notice the date until later) Love those mags and would love to have the chance to own all the past issues. The next issue which never came, that is the last one on my subscription order. But I don't care. TikiMAg is there to fill that void in. And I don't care if Otto take three more years but I would love to have an anniversary issue someday.

Love the website. Love the magazine even more!
Thanks for the heads-up!

[ Edited by: the75stingray 2007-05-30 12:33 ]

On 2007-05-30 05:33, cheekytiki wrote:

Why are we still waiting for POCKETIKI No3 then :wink:

Because it'll be worth the wait...that's WHY! And you know it!! Now just let me get back to being busy...busy doing nothing, nothing the whole day long!!! Ha, ha!

Trader Jim - Make mine Mai-Tai in a LONDON LUAU mug...they will be ready won't they Mr. CheekyBugger?

N

We've ironed out the bugs from the site and added the much needed events that were missing. New t-shirts coming soon!

nicktiki

i wanted to subscribe, but have been a little put off after what i've read above about people not getting magazines... presumably they arrived eventually?!? i really really enjoyed the back issue of #1 that i got hold of - i might concentrate on picking up what back issues are available before subscribing - it'll take me ages to catch up anyhoo! //^_^\

http://www.20six.co.uk/missy-tassles
http://www.myspace.com/missy_tassles
http://www.theespc.com

[ Edited by: missy_tassles 2007-06-12 09:07 ]

Pages: 1 23 replies