Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Shag Jungle Cruise Disneyland Painting

Pages: 1 11 replies

So we were at Disneyland with our nephews and we took them to the Disney Gallery to see the Pirates stuff. What we didn't know was that they were selling two Shag paintings there that day. We had never (but always wanted to) see a Shag painting in person and it was amazing to see them. We had been to both Shag signings at Disneyland and had bought the prints he did for the Tiki Room and the 50th anniversary but hadn't seen the originals. "Jungle Cruise Family" was one of the original paintings and had never been made into a print (just a mens shirt and a couple of other items)and we were blown away by the colors, details, and Shag coolness of it. We got caught up in the moment and the painting and decided to buy it. We have had it hanging on our wall for two months and we love it. Every time I look at it I see new details but the skulls are definitely my favorite! Alas, no magical money tiki has come along to pay for the painting, and financial hardships have set in for us. We are forced to sell. We want to see the painting go to a good home who will love it as much as we do and we would love to see it go to a Tiki Central home. All the details are on eBay but if a Tiki Central person buys it who lives in San Francisco or LA area we can probably drive it to you to save the cost of shipping. We live in Fresno and often leave town in search of tiki adventures. We are happy to answer any questions!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250119553638&rd=1&rd=1

[ Edited by: Larry Lava 2007-05-26 12:21 ]

flip?

We put it up on ebay with no reserve just hoping to break even. It's what we paid for it including tax, shipping and that sort. It isn't about making money but just about personal finances. We really did want to keep the painting but we just can't due to some current bad circumstances in our life. We could list the reasons but thought that wasn't necessary on this site. We almost didn't post this item on Tiki Central but we thought maybe people that appreciate what we are into might be interested in this painting.

[ Edited by: Larry Lava 2007-05-30 14:46 ]

What was the original flat gallery price?

On 2007-05-29 15:37, Larry Lava wrote:
We put it up on ebay with no reserve just hoping to break even. It's what we paid for it including tax, shipping and that sort.

K

Thats a pretty awesome piece,I hope you have a good reason for passing that to someone else.
I wish I could afford that.

LL

The flat gallery price of the painting was $6,500 and with tax it was slightly over $7,000. With Disney shipping it was about $7,100 and with bonus ebay and paypal charges we will easily spend more than the $7,200 its priced at. If there was any way we could keep it we would, its really great. We have had a recent run of bad financial luck and bad health luck. We hope we can come close to breaking even, but no bids as of yet.

I wish I could afford it too....but sure do hope it makes its way into the home of a TCer. That is just so beautiful....can't get a better subject matter. :tiki:

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-06-01 21:33 ]

I'll join in and say that I wish I could afford this piece. I hope it finds the TC home it deserves.

I also hope your financial and health luck turns around for you.

LL

Thank you Tiki Flange. We appreciate the good wishes!

Great piece. I saw it on eBay, and started crunching the numbers immediately. Unfortunately, it's too rich for my blood. Hope it finds a good home soon.

Glad you sold it Larry. Now you can afford to come to Minnie's. jus' kiddin'. But if you do, I'll be there with a drink in hand for you.
Aloha!

Jungle Trader it has to be this summer! Once everyone gets out of the hospital and recovers around here we will be there!

Pages: 1 11 replies