Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Cook's Regret!

Pages: 1 6 replies

Here's one of our promotional POCKETIKI Magazine postcards...Hope you like it?

Look out for a new series I'm is working on coming soon!!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

Every thing you do is first rate. I show your magazine at least once a day. Wendy

Very nice indeed...a real class act. :tiki:

I concur, I say, having finally found the leisure to read through Pocketiki #2. Articles like the one on the 'Pacific Encounters' exhibition really bring across the spirit of Tiki today: The combination of a fascination and love for authentic Polynesian culture and history, mixed with the irreverence and sense of humor of pop culture today really hits the mark of what it is all about. Trader Jim's style seems inspired by the outrageous British tabloids, which makes the read more entertaining than the American "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" placid mode of writing. Perusing Pocketiki felt like the early days of Tiki News.

I regret that much more now that my faint hope for hopping on a plane to the London Luau last minnit has been squelched by me having to shoot that weekend. Have a great time, y'all, you deserve it for all the fine work you have been doing as missionaries of quality Tiki in the old world!

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2007-05-28 02:17 ]

They do say that if you store your pocketiki magazines in a barrel of rum, it keeps the weevils out and your reading fresh for weeks, during those long pacific journeys.

Keep spreading the good word, Trader Jim.

On 2007-05-28 01:13, tikiracer wrote:
They do say that if you store your pocketiki magazines in a barrel of rum, it keeps the weevils out and your reading fresh for weeks, during those long pacific journeys.

Keep spreading the good word, Trader Jim.

The sad reality is that if you just drink ALL the rum, you won't give a monkey's if those damn weevils scoff their way through POCKETIKI and crap it for breakfast!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai, without a bloody POCKETIKI floating in it!

Does explain how the phrase 'four square meals a day!" comes from British Naval legend.

Pages: 1 6 replies