Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

New Member - Photos of my project

Pages: 1 7 replies

P

Hi All!! New member here, sorry if this is in the wrong place. I've been lurking here for a while and figured it was time to share and join the community officially by offering some photos of my 17 month old son's room. I painted it over 3 months at the end of 2005. The B-17 "Memphis Belle" is a radio-control model with a 6' wingspan built by my Uncle Fred Koble, and the B-29s painted on the ceiling are a tribute to him, as he passed away before the room was finished. Everything was painted by hand with acrylic craft paint. The ceiling is sponged with phosphorescent (glow in the dark) paint, and there's a moon painted with it in one corner, also all fish that have any white in their color have it mixed in, and the waterfalls do as well. Not really anything Tiki but I hope you like it. Comments and critiques welcome.

Paul

F

Nice job, real kid friendly!

Frojo

H

It's very relaxing and serene to be able to look up and see a squadron of bombers.

H

Nice Humuhumus on the wall. The waterfall needs a sacrificial alter for virgins and a big Tiki however. Then the bombers will look like they may be trying to save the virgin by decimating the native population.

P

Frojo, thanks for the compliment, some things didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but it still looks ok to me.

Hakalugi, GREAT username, and thanks for the compliment, my son and I both love planes, so it works pretty nicely.

HelloTiki, Thank you!! The Humuhumu's didn't come out as nice as I wanted them too. There IS a tiki on the black sand beach side, but I wanted it to look like it was farther from the water and so it's very small and doesn't look very good up close...Great idea, I might have to add the altar...

Paul

Good art by the way.Keep at it. Just go crazy & have fun.

Wow....what an exciting room for a child to grow up in!!! Great job and a wonderful tribute to your uncle. Thanks for posting the pictures. :)

P

VampiressRN, thanks for the comments. It means alot to me to hear good things from the community here at TC. This is the most positive, friendly forum I've ever seen.

Paul

Pages: 1 7 replies