Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Moai Mold

Pages: 1 8 replies

F
fdcmy posted on Fri, Jun 1, 2007 5:53 PM

I am searching for about a 3 foot Moai mold or light weight unfinished moai head to purchase similar to tikidav's bondomoai. Can anyone point me in the right direction or does anyone have one for sale. You can send me email to [email protected] with pitures and cost

Hey youre in luck. I carve large scale Moais and Tikis for Public and private spaces. I have included some pics from a Tiki garden i helped to create at a Lounge called Jetsetter Lounge in Florida. O have also included a Moai fountain and a couple of Tiki carvings. They are all carved out of Styrofoam and finished off with Stucco. However I vould do the Styrofoam carving amd you could do the stucco yourself or you could coat it with Bondo or Fiberglass or any other solvent free product.

The moai Fountain I have included was 4 feet tall and coated with stucco. It also had a working fountain in its top knot It sold for $1000 coated and painted but I could probably nock off $400 due to the smaller size and absence of the final coat of stucco.
If you have any questions please ask.

This is the 4 foot Moai Fountain in its styrofoam finish without stucco. $1000

This is an 10 foot piece with a stucco finish $3000

This is a 8 foot stucco finish Moai $2500

These next two pieces are the foam carvings before they were fiberglassed. They are 5 feet tall $1500 a piece.

Finally finished the carvings paint really helps

Here is the debut photo of our Tiki on jis first rental gig.

Whoa boy... nice work guys!

That turned out really slick.

Only 8 or so months 'til Hukilau! :wink:

Thanks man that means a lot to us coming from you. We will definitely be making it out to Hukilau this year. We have just finished 12 large Polynesian panels 2'x8'. I will post some pics as soon as I take some. We are starting 12 more large tikis this week maybe I can get some process photos posted/ I always forget to take pics while I am working. Hope all is well with you. Ready for winter?

Love it! Go HUGE!

I found this ad for a tiki head mold. I do not work for this company. I do not know if these are still available, but I thought they may be of interest to some TCers.
http://www.stonefaceskit.com/tiki.html

Nice work! The painting is exceptional.

Nice work! The painting is exceptional.

Pages: 1 8 replies