Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Conga Corner

Pages: 1 7 replies

I posted pictures of my Congas in my Vibraphone thread, but wanted to open a thread specific to Congas. I am a novice but just fell in love with this beautiful set and expect to be able to do some basics in a couple of years (slow learner...too many projects). :lol:

Mondo Congas

My Congas are LP Matador Custom Accent Drums W/ Black Hardware. I have the Tropical Fusion finish on mine (I also ordered the matching Bongos). Yesterday I was graciously given a wonderful gift from danlovestikis, so wanted to share it here in case anyone is interested in catching a copy. It is a book called CONGA DRUMMING A Beginners Guide to Playing with Time by Alan Dworsky and Betsy Sansby. The neat thing is that it has an instructional CD with it (which I know will be helpful to me). THANX Dan & Wendy. :wink:

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2007-06-13 20:25 ]

.......Man! Vamp honey, those are VERY hip lookin! Yeah, congas iz fun. my 1st set was a pair of old blond,"Gon Bops". Now in the Agents, we've got a cool black set. Older fibes w/unusual skins. Wicked play to em. Have fun!..............Remy

Well I just HAD to reply to this post. I love congas and other hand drums.
These are my two favorites
The one on the left in the foreground is a Latin Percussion Giovanni series "quinto"...
wonderful and beautiful drum with great high tones...on the left a Bauer cedar tumbadora
made in Brazil. The Bauer is a great "soft" drum for recording but seems to lack the
volume needed for playing live. I love your Matador drums, they are very cool looking
and I am quite familiar with Matador quality.
And as you can see...I love djembes too.

Great pics....those babies are right at home with the tikis too. :)

Thanks Mouse. I will never be a great player, but hopefully will be able to keep a little rhythm. Post pics of your babies.

What do you guys do to maintin the skins on your congas? I am not doing any heavy playing on mine, so will probaby need minimal maintenance.

Hi Vamp, you are very welcome, Cheers, Wendy

S

Very very COOL !

I am having to downsize at my home (my Mom moved in with me), so looking to seel my congas and matching bongos. If interested please pm me.

Sorry to see ya let em go
They look great

Pages: 1 7 replies