Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hukilau Excuses

Pages: 1 2 3 100 replies

Why aren't YOU at the Hukilau this year?

"I just went in October."
"Florida is too hot in June"
"Drasnin again?"

"I'm already going to Oasis."

Because I lag, and dont have any money :(

Jeff(bigtikidude)

.. I hate anything and everthing to do with tiki....

Locusts.

you can't get there from Wisconsin.

• I have $34.00 in the bank.

• It's 2724.05 miles away

• I heard next year was gonna be better? :roll:

luscious sarong clad maidens serving you tropical drinks...who needs that

K

Seriously, I am hugely depressed about missing out. I've been to the last two and vowed never to miss one. This year I had a choice...go to the Hukilau or use that money to start up my photography business. Right now the business is more important. Equipment ain't cheap. If all goes well I'll have more money to spend next year.

...and just to add to my misery, Voodoo II just arrived in the mail.

my dog ate it.

At the Huki-What???

Because for the next 3 months I can't get that song out of my head....

Oh wait! I am going..... Damn, three monhts of Annete Funicello singing to me about nets and fish and stuff.......

I liked the book better

T

Haven't gotten my back waxed !!!

That ain't gonna stop this guy.

T

Dale Sr. would of been proud !!!!

I'm on house arrest

Florida is too hot in June

Actually, it is. Mrs. BH and I went to Orlando on our honeymoon, and it was so miserable, we swore never to return to Florida again in June.

F

NO VACATION TIME, Damn the Man.

I'm afraid!

TS

On 2007-06-13 13:43, The Gnomon wrote:
That ain't gonna stop this guy.

I knew Grog Like Nascar!!! :lol:
He's even wearing a number of a once great driver, who has a son that currently represents(double over the 3) #8 Budweiser, which in fact just happens to be Bamboo Bens Favorite beer :o ...Coincidence? Hmmmm......It just gets weirder all the time @ TC.... :P

Oh yeah,...My mom won't let me go because I'm allergic to mosquitos.

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2007-06-13 15:39 ]

I heard Tiki Chris & Virani le Beachcomber were going!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai, back here at Tiki Towers, Frimley!

C

Because I couldn't fit in Exotica59's back seat after Tikibars & Lake Surfer FILLED the back seat with stuff to sell at Hukilau!!!

If you are going to Hukilau, buy Tiki Road Trip 2 (because, if you don't, you might miss a tiki bar next time you're on the road - oh no!!!) & Lake Surfer's ultra-cool carvings so Exotica59 can get better gas mileage on the way home :wink: :wink: :wink:

:drink: :sheckymug:

P

Orlando is too hot every day of the year.
On the beach it's a different story.

J

I'm allowed one major Tiki event a year - I chose the New England Tiki Tour for 2007!

T

I'm going to Rehab ... Lohan move on over !!!!!

I'm graduating from UW Museum studies program. Maybe next year I can come and talk about Polynesia Americana.

D

my roommate Paris got into some trouble and can't share the suite with me. so in solidarity, i'm staying home and baking a cake with a file in it.

Blew the wad on restaurant supplies. Headin' to Southern California in November.

Tiki Ti....ALRIGHT!

Swamp

I have a headache.

T

On 2007-06-13 17:50, dogbytes wrote:
my roommate Paris got into some trouble and can't share the suite with me. so in solidarity, i'm staying home and baking a cake with a file in it.

I'm not going because I have to go be a witness in court because my uncle got a DUI after I made a cake with rum in it.

P
Pyro posted on Wed, Jun 13, 2007 5:56 PM

I spent all my money on tiki mugs.

T

On 2007-06-13 17:54, tekoteko wrote:

I'm not going because I have to go be a witness in court because my uncle got a DUI after I made a cake with rum in it.

Hey Tekoteko got the recipe for that rum cake? Sounds like it was rum in a cake pan. Guess that won't help dogbytes with her file cake. Got a recipe for Jail House cake?

Oh and I'm not going because? because? I remember! I'm afraid of? What am I afraid of? Oh darn what was this post about?

T

On 2007-06-13 18:04, Tikisgrl wrote:

On 2007-06-13 17:54, tekoteko wrote:

Hey Tekoteko got the recipe for that rum cake? Sounds like it was rum in a cake pan. Guess that won't help dogbytes with her file cake. Got a recipe for Jail House cake?

Oh and I'm not going because? because? I remember! I'm afraid of? What am I afraid of? Oh darn what was this post about?

The recipe is 1 part cake + 1 part rum. Ask my uncle about the jail house cake...turns out a jail house cake IS a rum cake. If you can't handle your liquor!

I hear the guy with drug resistant T.B. is honeymoonin' at Hukilau.

600 mph, 30,000 feet in the air,...room, drinks, roundtrip flight,....600 clams. Been there done that, NEXT.

Swingin' on a vine from tree to tree....10 mph, 30 ft. up in a loin cloth (nice breeze) to Forbidden Island, room, drinks, roundtrip flight........priceless.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jun 13, 2007 7:34 PM

I live on the other side of the world, and I lack either the funding or sufficient swallows to transport me there...

T

On 2007-06-13 18:16, senioraqua wrote:
I hear the guy with drug resistant T.B. is honeymoonin' at Hukilau.

********* BEST ONE SO FAR !!!!!

No mula....no vacation time....I'll live vicariously through the posted pictures. :(

I've got surf shows to go to here in So. Cal.
oh wait you say surf bands and Robert Drasnin and others are playing there.
Oh hell shoot me now....:(

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Excuses... who needs excuses when you have rum. I'll raise a glass to ya, you lucky punters!

This was the year I swore I was going to Hukilau!

But a gig was already in the books once they announced the date!

AAAARRRGGGHHH!

Next year, I hope and pray!

I'm in rehab and I could not get a weekend pass.

K

Too many earthquakes in Florida.

C

On 2007-06-13 22:26, tikiskip wrote:
I'm in rehab and I could not get a weekend pass.

Bamboo Rehab you mean?
Nice work, by the way :wink:

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jun 14, 2007 12:44 PM

GROG not want get GROG's paper wallet ruined. GROG hear about last year's unfortunate incident and figured GROG shouldn't take the chance.

P.S. Tom Slick----you're a funny guy.

O

I'm not into getting a hicky either low or high?

My probation officer said it would not be a good idea to leave the state at this time

Pages: 1 2 3 100 replies