Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Secret 'Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea' Club

Pages: 1 5 replies

C

Do you know Admiral Nelson's first name?

Do you already own DVDs of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and are just waiting for the release of the notorious Season 3?

Do you think Irwin Allen was an unrecognized genius of sci-fi?

Do you know this guy's name?

Are you more than willing to overlook shoddy production values, endlessly re-used FX footage and crazy plotting because the Seaview is the coolest thing on Earth?

Then join us for the Ultra-Secret VBoS Club, PM me for our worldwide plans, but no spys; we execute traitors.

TM

I just rode "finding Nemo" at Disneyland. I went right after work (Still in my business suit) because I wanted to beat the "surge", which occures on weeknights between 5 and 6:30. (by 7 there is usually only a small line to get in)

They quoted me at about 3 hour wait, but I timed it and it was only 1 hour 20 minutes.

Waiting for a ride is a pretty extreme waste of time, but it was the old submarine ride re-incarnated.

What the heck that has to do with this thread is unknown!!

:lol: Too funny Lucas....but bless you for waiting that long dressed as a monkey. :)

I always love Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea....especially when the zippers showed on the monster costumes.....damn...that was a good series!!!!

'Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea'? Love the series! The movie on the other hand (which spawned the series) was so-so. But as far as underwater adventures go, 'Stingray' wins hands down for me. I'd like to see a competition between the men of the 'Seaview' and the marionettes of 'Stingray'. Sure, Stingray would be out-manned, but with ingenuity, determination, and help from Marineville, I feel Stingray would prevail.

http://www.stingray.uk.com/main.html?collection=4&cname=Stingray&browser=IE4&platform=Win32&d=0&w=800

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea was one of the best sci-fi shows ever.

Here is a true test of a VTTBOTS fan. What was the name of the other submarine that was built by Admrial Nelson? (and no, not the flying sub). Hint: It was destroyed in Episode 3. And no fair peeking on the DVD.

And to answer your questions:

1. Harriman
  2. I prefer the film version with Walter Pidgeon
  3. IA was the man
  4. Kowalski
  5. Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!

After firing missles at the Van Allen belt and surviving head butts from giant sperm whales, the Seaview was put on display at Movieworld- Cars of Stars, Planes of Fame in Buena Park, Ca during the 1970's

http://www.rtq.net/RTQ/modeling/Seaview/SeaviewStudioModels_pt2.asp

It was last seen at Planet Hollywood in Hollywood, CA, USA.

Pages: 1 5 replies