Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TWB's Birthday gathering at Trader Vic's Emeryville - 6/27/07

Pages: 1 13 replies

J

TikiWineBear will be having a very special birthday on June 28th. Please join me in helping him celebrate with a gathering at Trader Vic's in Emeryville on Wednesday, June 27th. Please plan to meet for coctails in the bar between 6:00-7:00, then we'll move to the dining room at 7:00 for dinner. After dinner, we'll finish off the evening at Forbidden Island. Please post here if you will be joining us for dinner so I can make the appropriate reservations. I hope many of you will be able to help Myke celebrate this special occasion.

Mahalo!

Thanks for the official announcement, Jen! Yeah... June 28th will be my BIG 50 (same as the Mai Kai's this year). I unfortunately didn't make it to Hukilau, but wanted to do something fun to celebrate. I need to be home on the 28th, but I wanted to see how many TC'ers in the Bay Area might want to meet up at Trader Vic's Emeryville and have drinks and dinner, and move on to Forbidden Island for the usual Wednesday gathering (June 27). I even plan on staying the night in Alameda so I can close up FI as my birthday officially starts at midnight. It's been a long time since we have seen Trader Vic's as a group!! Please post here so we can get a head count if you might make it for dinner.

Aloha and hope to see you there!!
Myke

T

I'm in!

Looking forward to it.

CL

Hey Myke,

Happy Birthday!!! Ya know, that's my birthday weekend as well...July 1st!! Hey fellow Cancer. :)

Like we talked about, it's a swamped week for us...and I'm flying out of state on business at 7:00 the next morning...but we'll try to rotate things around if possible to make it. :)

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2007-06-18 14:16 ]

Happy Birthday back to you, Maria!
Hope you guys can make it to Trader Vic's, as we can celebrate both our birthdays together, though I am clearly the older one here. Even if we don't move into the dining room for a full fledged dinner, drinks and pupus at the bar are definitely in order!!

Good to see you are joining us TofuJoe! We will meet up with your lovely wife at FI after we toast a few at TV!!

Lots more room... check your calendars!

Aloha,
Myke

J

Aloha!
It looks like the plan has changed just slightly. Instead of going into the dining room for dinner, we will just be hanging out in the bar the whole time for cocktails and pupus! So join us whenever you can, but please post here if you think you'll be coming so we can grab a large enough table! We'll start arriving around 6:00, and I would guess we'll be leaving around 8:00-8:30 for FI. Does that sound about right to you, Myke?
Cheers!

B

I might be nearby after work & I would be glad to wish TWB a BDay greeting!

Great plan, thanks, Jen! Anyone interested in dinner can still be served in the bar area, but pupus and drinks will fill me up just right. I first met the Tiki Central ohana at Trader Vic's a few years ago, and since Forbidden Island opened, we moved the weekly gathering there. It just seemed proper to start out at TV Emeryville again and move to FI later. Can't wait for crab rangoon!! YUMMM!

Bincho... would be great if you can join us! Just watch for the group at the bar having the most fun.

Thanks again, Jen. Hope to see you all there!

Myke

J

Tomorrow night!!! Let us know if you're coming.

Hey, Midnites!! Need a ride to/from Bart/Bus?

A great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to tikiwinebear and cocoloco. I'll toast to you both from Sacramento. :drink:

Hippo Birdie, Myke!

CL

Happy happy doosy bday Myke!! May this year and this day present many wonderful things for you. :)

Maria

Happy birthday "old man"!!
Good to see ya at FI last night.

Comment moved to official birthday thread.

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2007-06-28 13:01 ]

Pages: 1 13 replies