Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Drink Garnish Contest

Pages: 1 11 replies

It's time we had a contest to find the best, most exotic, most interesting, creative, ergonomic, tasty, beautiful, awe-inspiring, and most importantly TIKI-fied GARNISH out there.

post pics of your entry here. the winner will receive nothing*

-Z

*except perhaps entry into the Great Stuff Showcase :P

no, seriously.

OK, try this, the winner will recieve a 2007 London Luau mug from Cheekytiki.

Now I've got to find the picture I have of my banana Dolphin perched on the side of a glass.

S

I know Basement Kahuna will chastize me, but I never garnish. Ever. If I had some lovely Stargazer Lilies in bloom in the yard I might drop one in, but, nah. Mint doesn't count as a garnish either because its and ingredient.

I was hoping to win a pekingese or a pair, but am excited to know Cheeky is offering up a mag....count me in....off to experiment in da lab!!! :drink:

Okay, I realize I shouldn't post this because it will get me drummed out of, well, something, but here's a garnish we recently made, featuring Spam, pineapple chunks, maraschino cherries and crab meat:

Yes, kitsch is my middle name. Okay, not really, but it should be.

SPAM ! I love it. I think adding the Spam identifies it with the proper era as well as giving the drinker the advantage of a small buffet to help soak up the booze and add to the sustainability of the drinker. I think adding some kind of green "Flair" or a small flower at the top of this garnish would complete it.

To quote the immortal words of someone whos name I can't remember...... Garnish Matters!

(That means you Swanky!) And, yes Mint counts! A drink should be a feast for the eyes, a treat for the nose, and a party in the mouth.

Does Fire count as a garnish?

On 2007-06-30 07:06, Bohemiann wrote:
SPAM ! I love it. I think adding the Spam identifies it with the proper era as well as giving the drinker the advantage of a small buffet to help soak up the booze and add to the sustainability of the drinker. I think adding some kind of green "Flair" or a small flower at the top of this garnish would complete it.

I was sort of thinking of a frill pick, since they have the advantage of being not only from the proper era, but also shiny.

Is Fire a Garnish??

Fire Drinks Good!

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2007-07-03 09:52 ]

I love it! I'm stealing that idea this weekend when we'll be attending a party with kids present. They'll like that.

Pages: 1 11 replies