Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Wi'i Akua's first carving...

Pages: 1 9 replies

WA

This is the first thing I have carved. I saw a slide in an art history class in uni and wanted to know what one looked like in person. I couldn't afford to go see any of the three extant Ki'i Akua, so I humbly decided to try to make one.

So, here's Kuka'ilimoku. What do you guys think?

The one with my big face is for scale...I am six five or so, so I reckon Ku's about 7 foot. He is heavy.

Oh, before I forget...you guys rock! I have been lurking for a couple days and finally got the courage up to post my ki'i...it took a while to get the courage because so many of you do such fantastic work!

Aloha!

[ Edited by: Wi'i Akua 2007-06-20 18:50 ]

Fantastic carving, especially for your first carving. Great Job!

Just keep those chisels sharp and keep on going...

B

Most Excellent for your first. A bit rough but Way Advanced design and implementation!
Big Welcome to Tiki Central. Come on in and stay awhile, Glad to have you.
When you are posting 4 to 6 pictures a day then you'll Really be Cooking. Nice Job.

P

wow, bit of OCD? that's very, very nice. you should post some "in progress" shots in the future.

welcome.

welcome excellent tiki keep up the good work

P
Paipo posted on Thu, Jun 21, 2007 3:17 AM

First thing you've carved? Ever!?! I wish I was that ambitious with my first carving. Great job!

M

Holy bejebus! how did I miss this? Big first for sure! Welcome to TC!

Did you use a Lancelot? (I noticed the grinder in one pic) Very nice first!

Where are you located?

Mahalo

McTiki

[ Edited by: McTiki 2007-06-22 05:53 ]

Welcome Wi'i! That has got to be one of the most ambitious first tikis I've seen. Can't wait to see your second. Nice work - keep posting progress!

A-A

H

XXXXtra good first carve! That headdress, especially the backside is insane. Must've taken you a while to get that thing carved out? Looks good!

Hi Wi'i

It s nice work you make.
I like the back also that s very nice carving.
I hope to see more from you keep posted.

greetz Limo

Pages: 1 9 replies