Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Vintage Rattan Shelves

Pages: 1 5 replies

Found these rattan shelves today. The seller told me these were his grandmother's, which I didn't find hard to believe because they had about forty years worth of dust and dirt on them.

I have never seen bindings made out of leather (this was has leather binding) most rattan I have seen is constructed with raffia. I will need to touch-up the finish, but other than that, these are destined to be implemented in my new bar.

Not too bad for $30.00! Thanks for looking:}

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and dusting makes it worse)!

WOW! I'll give you $31.00 for them!
You just don't find stuff like that around here!

Tasty D!
I came across a nice rattan table yesterday... tall and narrow like a console table. Only problem was someone had sprayed the whole thing white :( No getting that out.
Good score for you. Can't wait to see them full 'O stuff.
Aloha,
:tiki:

On 2007-06-22 10:59, Tiki Royale wrote:
Tasty D!
I came across a nice rattan table yesterday... tall and narrow like a console table. Only problem was someone had sprayed the whole thing white :( No getting that out.
Good score for you. Can't wait to see them full 'O stuff.
Aloha,
:tiki:

Tiki Royale,

I feel your pain. The guy who sold me these said he was going to paint them black! I had to shudder at the image of this guy with a can of spray paint in his hand covering the leather bindings, shelves and rattan with black, glossy, running paint. I got there just in the nick of time!

PTD

A

These would make a great back bar. I'll give you $50 if you'll deliver! :wink:

Great find indeed and they look to be in good condition. Nice design and like the dark stain. :)

Pages: 1 5 replies