Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

tonga hut tiki night! *saturday, june 30th!*

Pages: 1 29 replies

Summer time is officially here!

Start the season off right by celebrating with us at the Tonga Hut Saturday June 30th!

We will be premiering the fabulous new summer additions to the Tonga Hut Drink menu-be the first on your block to enjoy:

The TONGA LEI -created by our own PiPhiRho!
The GINGER FLAME -created by Bartender Suzy (me!)
The SQUIRREL IN PARADISE -c'mon, you know your curious. . .!
The SUM TING WONG -but oh-so-right!
The SATURN- It will put you in orbit!

We will also be doing some fun tiki trivial all night long for great prizes (mostly of the liquid variety!) :)

We will also have one of our fine DJ's for your dancing and auditory pleasures.

Details to follow.

MAHALO!

-Bartender Suzy

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jun 22, 2007 7:12 PM

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P

damn! that's a long drive for me that day. i'll have to think about it.

humm Squirrle Sounds Tasty

Tonga Hut Tiki Night update!

To go along with the summertime fun and tasty new drink specials. . .
We will be screening the movie classics 'How to Stuff a Wild Bikini' and 'Psycho Beach Party'

and yes. . .the tiki trivia may very well include some tidbits from these cinematic gems. . .:)

Still getting the DJ thing squared away-check the thread tomorrow for the latest!

MAHALO

Bartender Suzy

Great news folks!

We have the amazing DJ Devil One joining us on Saturday June 30th @ the Tonga Hut!

Spinning the best in Surf, Exotica, 60's Soul and Garage, Rockabilly and so much more!!!!

Be there or I will send out the headhunters!!!!

R

Squirrel in paradise sounds yummy!

I may go! I need to see what's going on Saturday!

Wee! Sounds exciting though!

:D

Oh goody!...just in time for the 2nd Occasional Tiki Tour and Atomic Blast! See you Saturday with a bus load!

Cheers and Ma'halo

Yay Nautiki!

Can't wait to meet you and yer atomic tiki caravan!
We're gonna have a BLAST!!! :)

Hey folks-post a quick note here on the thread if you are planning on coming tomorrow. . . .that way we know how much booze to have on hand and if we need extra security (Little Lost Tiki. . .) :)

I'll be there. 1 Tonga Lei and 1 Saturn please.

C

Too bad...I am going to the LA Wine Fest at the Queen Mary for the weekend. But I'm for sure gonna check your place out soon since you're not too far from me.

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jun 29, 2007 5:39 PM

GROG on way.

LOL Grog^^^^
I would dig it to bring you some cool tiki mugs & stuff to use in your game? What time you start pouring & spinning the licorice Suzy? Hope to see ya all there!

R

All right, I am definitely coming on Saturday!

I am bringing a friend from New Jersey, she's never been to anything like this! So it better be a blast like last time!

Bringing my camera to take pretty pictures!

weeee! Can't wait to see everyone!

We should be 16-18 strong and should be there around 11ish...assuming that we can still walk after visiting the Tiki Ti and Purple Orchid.

Cheers and Ma'halo

DZ

Looks like the Good Doctor and Sabu will be coming by tonight, and we may be bringing TikiCutie along with us (hard to say at this point - it's nearly 6:00 and she's still hung over from last night!) Believe it or not, this will actually be my first visit to the TH, and I'm a-lookin' forward to another Ginger Flame (or three!)

Unless you have Stella, that is... :wink:

P

Wish I could have made it but I had other plans for Saturday. Maybe next time. So what did everyone thing of the drinks?

G
GROG posted on Sun, Jul 1, 2007 11:37 AM

GoRggg thing teh drings have alohcol in them. The morre GroRg drikn, the funnyer GRug strart to ffeel. GORG not shur how grOg get home., or whos home this iiis that GroooG wak up in. GRoG think GrOg hav gggood tim, but evything kindaf hazy froom last nigt.the Last thig GroG remembber is someebodyy sying they want to bhuy grOg some shots. GrOG not sur whythey thing GRog shoud get shotss, gRog not have fLu. But maybe theyyyywere right, becauuse GROg not feel so well this moornig

R

Wow! Last night was awesome!
I want to thank Suzy for being the most amazing and greatest bartender ever!

Boris - You win because you got us a booth and we were the life of the party! lol! :D
Squid - Man...forever...burned...into...my...mind....THAT DANCE! LOL!
Grog - We need to chat more! But you were sweet as ever!
Tim - Maan! I can't remember your username on TC, it's gonna bug me, I'm sure someone will figure it out! But you were a cool cat too! EDIT: SABU THE COCONUT BOY! there we go...I knew it had coconut somewhere!

Overall, it was a great night--never laughed so hard in my life! We need to do it again at the Tiki Bash!

I have pictures! But I will upload them later tonight--hopefully! I have work in less than 20 mins--booo!
Boris took better pictures tho...so he best post!

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: ravenne 2007-07-01 11:46 ]

R

On 2007-07-01 11:37, GROG wrote:
GoRggg thing teh drings have alohcol in them. The morre GroRg drikn, the funnyer GRug strart to ffeel. GORG not shur how grOg get home., or whos home this iiis that GroooG wak up in. GRoG think GrOg hav gggood tim, but evything kindaf hazy froom last nigt.the Last thig GroG remembber is someebodyy sying they want to bhuy grOg some shots. GrOG not sur whythey thing GRog shoud get shotss, gRog not have fLu. But maybe theyyyywere right, becauuse GROg not feel so well this moornig

LOL!!!

Hey PiPhiRho, you were missed the drinks were good and I had a great time.

Here are a few pictures from last night –

The Tiki at the door • Suzy and my Saturn.

I think the Tiki at the door is actually cooler than the attention hogging Moai that are in this place.

Sabu the Master of Disguise Boy

Sabu, Jessica, Ravenne, Squid and GROG.

Squid and GROG switch glasses Ha too funny! Okay not funny at all. :roll:

Dr. Z and Hiltiki torture GROG, Suzy’s too far away to stop the madness.

More glasses switching hilarity!

You can tell I’ve been drinking because I’m smiling.

Yay!
What a fun time people!!!!
Thank you everyone for coming! :) :) :)
-Bartender Suzy

R

Okay, as promised, here are the piccies I took!

These two pics are ripe for photoshopping! :o

Boris was REALLY diggin his umbrella...

Grog is a cool mutha!

A competition of looks!

Sabu!

Grog......again!

Me! Grog took this one! I think everyone wore Squid's hat!

AND LASTLY!

Here is Squid...averting his eyes.....from a dancing maniac!

LOL!

I had a blast!

Sooooo sorry to have been elsewhere, but it was me birthday, an' I was accosted by highly mischievious Demented Menehunes, who had other nefarious plans for my imperilment.

But, in those last few moments I can more or less clearly remember, I remember my heart was at the Tonga. Next year maybe I'll either avoid, or co-opt the little ambushers, and get to where I know I can get a decent Planet Of The Apes.

Glad to see everybody having a great time.

Cheers and best aloha,

SOK

BB

Happy Birthday Son-of-Kelbo!!! :)

Mahalo nui loa, BB!
Cheers,
SOK

[ Edited by: Son-of-Kelbo 2007-07-02 22:57 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Jul 3, 2007 6:14 AM

Sqog and GROG

best I could do in paintshop

R

On 2007-07-03 06:14, teaKEY wrote:
Sqog and GROG

best I could do in paintshop

LOL! More more!

How about Squid and his long lost Pappy?

Tried to do an Ernie beard,but it flopped....

R

On 2007-07-03 16:06, little lost tiki wrote:

LOL!
dies from uncontrollable laughter

Pages: 1 29 replies