Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

New Moai Fountain available.

Pages: 1 15 replies

Hey I am currently in produstion of this really cool Moai Fountain. It was create by Barkin Barefoot Tikis. This is the ultimate Table drink It has the capacity of holding 42 shots worth of what ever floats your boat. Or youe liver for that matter. It is currently going for $150. without the 4 shot glasses and 175 with them. If interested in ordering or if you have more questions or comments please feel free to respond.

This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen! This would be so kick ass at a party!!!!

Way Kool .

Wow...that is awesome indeed.....would be excellent at a party. :tiki:

Tell us more about the pump and tubing. It's all certified as a food grade, right?

This is a must have if you ask me. Would also be interested in confirmation of food grade pumping system. I used to sell table top fountains and I found that if you include a small clump of some fake foliage to cover the wire coming out of the back it really helps the aesthetics and sells more units. What happens when it gets towards the bottom as people drink? will it shut off? if not putting a switch in on the power cord up near the base would be handy. I suppose one should just keep filling it though. How about a little spot in the back to hold a dry ice cube? Hope you post their debut, I'll be looking for one.

T

If my neighbor from over the 'Skyway' says it's a buy, put me down for one !!!!

T

I like it. If it is infact food grade, I'll probably buy one.. I'd prefer the glaze to be all one color.. the white looks a little too much like an iceberg.

T

I see quite a bit of splatter in front as well, will/can that be fixed?

What I used to recommend is that you locate the fountain in with some plant decorations. Small live tropical looking. In the back some fake stuff can be permanent to hide the cord and stuck in just where the cord comes out and drapes down the back( I used to keep a bag of fake Ivy ), but in the front i would use Spanish moss and small live plants that would catch the splatter so it don't matter. Plus it would look a whole lot better as a presentation. Elevating the whole thing up on a low platform so that it is slightly above your small plants helps. If you take any marketing photos I would recommend you picture it that way. Splatter is going to happen to certain degree with this type of fountain. I have seen different styles using small mesh / net contraptions that catches and disperses the water, but that would not work with this one. I also used decorative pebbles or marbles and cool looking glass flat beads that you can find at any craft store, put them in the water and pile them up at the impact area to create a hole or sheltered impact zone. It looks like once this one drops down past a certain level it might not matter, at that point it's banking off the inside of the bowl and back in ( I think most guys understand this concept....... and some don't ) . Some pumps have a valve that allows you to adjust the intensity of the flow and control its impact zone. I would also include some common sense instructions, I had one that I used include with each fountain that had suggestions for display, tips like use filtered water to avoid minerals building up and clogging your pump and etc.. For this one, as obvious as it would seem, telling people to flush their pumps after each use. If I find the file I'll fire it off to you. It actually was useful in that it covered most of the basic questions that they would have been calling me about and wasting my time.

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2007-06-24 11:21 ]

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2007-06-24 11:22 ]

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2007-06-24 11:26 ]

Very Cool! Would be interested if it is food grade.

I'll take one if it's food grade too. Also I agree that there is probably a better color than white for the base.

very cool!! looks just like the one i made and sold on ebay a few years back....were you the one that won that auction?? only mine had orange acrylic balls for the eyes that glowed when the lighting behind the fountain allowed light to shine through them and fake little palm trees around it....but everything else is exactly the same. If you make these with a dark glaze that matches the easter head i'd probably buy one, but i'm not too hip on the light color for the base....good work though!!

S

And is the top of the Moai able to accept a bit of 151 to flame or dry ice to smoke?

T

On 2007-06-25 10:11, Swanky wrote:
And is the top of the Moai able to accept a bit of 151 to flame or dry ice to smoke?

No it's flat on top.

It does look great with a little blue food coloring in the water though.

Hey thanks for the input. I actually make this Moai fountain in a brown-sugar bottom and the Burnished steel top that looks a little more traditional. I will post some pics of it. If you want to see it right away It is posted on OM under dancing lizards page. As far as the 151 goes if you drink enough of that everything starts to smoke.

Pages: 1 15 replies