Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

dva gallery anniversary tiki show pics and reports

Pages: 1 15 replies

here's aome pics from last night's dva gallery tiki anniversary party opening.....

here's phil from the cocktail preachers warmin' up before show time

Bamboolodge and friends

steve preacher and friends

rick from the preachers bangin on the skins with the baby bats.....

the joint was jumpin!!

Lori, renee and andrew

phil relaxin with the ladies.......

cocktail preachers do their thing...

hu-la-la!!!!...the dancers also doing their thing.....

T

The music was rockin and it was alittle hard to hear the person talking right next to you but I introduced myself to Tipsy McStagger who I have seen at different events many times. I got to put the name the face.

me and the tikitOny. This was my favorite one.

Some of the other mugs. It seemed like the TC fam. of mugs were all hanging out together.

I liked this painting. I told my girlfriend that I would paint the same one, only with her face and she declined.

Got to meet Mitch o' connell. Look at me tower over.

Is it getting warm in here or is it just me?

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2007-06-25 07:23 ]

Great pictures you guys, thanks for sharing.

I liked this painting. I told my girlfriend that I would paint the same one, only with her face and she declined.

teakey, nice to finally meet you....judging from your expression in the photo it looks like you can hardly contain your excitement over this painting!!

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-06-25 10:57 ]

So did the teakey bezart mug sell at the show?
How many of the TC rocketships are left?

On 2007-06-25 10:57, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
judging from your expression in the photo it looks like you can hardly contain your excitement over this painting!!

hehe, tipsy irony in the house

..in answer to tikiskip...yes, there are decanters left as well as alot of art still for sale....check the dva gallery link below for those still available. be sure to ask david if they are available still cause he may not have updated the site yet with all the things that sold opening nite....

http://www.dvagallery.com

Hey Teakey, congrats on having your artwork in the show. That would really have been a thrill!

D

hey..what's in that baggie in your back pocket?

Got to stop in and check things out Saturday. My band had a show that night just down the block so I couldn't resist. The art looked great. Got me a copy of Tiki Road Trip 2nd ed. Looks nice James!

aloha,

tj

Dude!
looks like teaKs scored hisself one Fat Sack!
Hope he shared it with Mitch! :)
Right on Big Guy!

D

maybe his user name should be teaKILO.

T

dogbytes or is it hash brownie bytes?

My stoner friend mentioned that yesterday when I showed it to him just before (HE was)going to light up. Does it take a green thumb to notice that. NO, I don't light up- to poor anyways.

Had my Mitch O' Magazine for him to sign in that large Zip-lock. Stupid paint pen wouldn't work at first but Mo'C was nice enough to just keep trying. Nice guy!

D

Here are some of my pics. Thank you all for coming out!

T

On 2007-06-28 13:21, DaTiki wrote:
Here are some of my pics. Thank you all for coming out!

"Show them what they have won Johnny"
"A brand new BABY"

A

Sorry that I am so late in posting these! It was a great time, and my tiki-virgin friends that came LOVED the event.

the rum was excellent

Bua rocking sweet house shoes between performances

since I didn't make it into any other photos, here I am enjoying another favorite Chicago landmark...

Pages: 1 15 replies