Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Ventura Green Thumb nursery going tiki! How about where you are?

Pages: 1 14 replies

O

We have a Green Thumb nursery here in Ventura that has a lot of new tiki items. I have been going here for over twenty years and all of a sudden they have gone from a few items to this.

Could this be the rebirth of tiki in Ventura County? I sure hope so. Have any of you noticed an increase in tiki this season where you live?

Wow....pretty spectacular....love the tiki torches. I don't think we have one of these in NorCal, but maybe someone knows of one. :(

T

Tiki is now a "viable" commodity.

Look out for Oprah talking about "Tiki Style" soon...then it's all over.

OHHHH GAWD...that will be the end. She will act like she saved the tiki world. Gag me with a swizzle-stick. :lol:

I've got a local green thumb. I'll have to check it out this weekend.
Thanks for the tip.

M

A local barbecue and pool store gambled on some tiki items here in Bakersfield and had their entire purchase sold out in a couple of days. They ordered more, sold more. Then they ordered even more and sold even more. As for the trend, the trend becoming recognized, and then tiki being "over", I'm definitely of the opinion to each his own. Traditionalists will have their tiki stuff whether it is in or out and the trendies will have it for as long as it's a trend, then they will dump their stuff at yard sales, where I will scoop it up.

Where in Ventura is the Green Thumb (yes I know I can look it up)?

MZ....you got a good business sense going on ther. :lol:

Excellent!
Tropical plants and tiki - a great combination.

In LA, the Marina Del Rey nursery has a few tikis and is a breathtaking place to stroll, even if their prices are commensurately higher.

Too bad most of the stuff there looks like Mass production crap from Indonesia.

I guess its cool they have it. but I don't want to buy any of it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2007-06-28 05:45, mzoltarp wrote:

Where in Ventura is the Green Thumb (yes I know I can look it up)?

Green Thumb is on Victoria about 1/2 mile North of the 101.

I agree with the comments about it being a trend that will die off and leave many yard sale tikis in its wake. I know someone at work who built a tiki bar in their backyard last year only to buy a keg and serve beer behind it. BLASPHEMY!

R

All those Tikis look too damn happy :P
BTW it's called a Fad. :wink:
Have a nice day! :D

[ Edited by: Rattiki 2007-06-30 07:38 ]

M

Thanks Ojaitimo

TL

My large TIKI "KING TIKI" is from Green Thumb in Ventura. The supplier is "ISLAND TIKI's" from Long Beach CA. They have a web site. I do believe it is http://www.islandtikis.com. The are Coconut palm. Mine is 6' tall. Very heavy.

N
Naneki posted on Thu, Jul 5, 2007 2:56 PM

My large TIKI "KING TIKI" is from Green Thumb in Ventura. The supplier is "ISLAND TIKI's" from Long Beach CA. They have a web site. I do believe it is http://www.islandtikis.com. The are Coconut palm. Mine is 6' tall. Very heavy.

Last Fall I bought the exact same tiki from Pottery Depot in Saticoy. I guess Ventura County is going tiki one backyard at a time.

Nancy
Camarillo by way of Fillmore

Pages: 1 14 replies