Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

I'm back and MAN am I out of it!

Pages: 1 6 replies

A

Wow. Some of you may remember me from a rather sad Tiki Mug sell off I had last year due to a divorce. I'm still sorting through things and am holding tenaciously to my Shag Tiki Quartet prints and Tiki Bob Salt and Pepper shakers that my mom actually got at the original, but otherwise, I'm almost completely tikiless.

It's been a sad and less colorful existence.

I was on Ebay today for the first time in AGES and saw the Shag Pink Panther mug set and just about wet my pants...I missed it so much.

So. I think it might be time for me to come back to the fold, so to speak.

I have perused the topics and am COMPLETELY overwhelmed. Sam's Seafood is back?! Tiki Oasis is in San Diego?! Open House at Tiki Farm?! Trader Vic's in BH closed suddenly!? Too much to do and choose from!

So, what's the scoop out there, esp. in Southern California? Anything amazing and new I have to see? Are people still meeting at the Tiki Ti? I've been going to Damon's for their Monday Prime Rib special, if any other tiki carnivores do so regularly, I'd love to hook up.

Catch me up!

[ Edited by: annalulu 2007-07-01 13:20 ]

T

Love is grand. Divorce is 100 grand.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jul 2, 2007 9:30 AM

For craziness, check out the Tonga Hut art show threads. And be sure to come to the art shows at the Tonga Hut or bartender Suzy's Tiki Nights at the Tonga Hut the last Saturday of each month.

Catch me up!

Well, since you've been gone, GROG became a full-on spokesman for
Tonga Hut Ltd.... i heard he gets a % of the royalties.... :lol:

KK

whoah brah....

read some of my old posts! Divorce practically ruined me, emotionally, financially and more! But I can feel the stiches beginning to take and we'll all be fine I know it!

Heres one for you... had a friend say to me " do you know why is divorce so expensive?" So I say "NO?" and he said... "BECAUSE ITS WORTH IT!"...

Dont know if you find humor in that, but Ive had to! Or else I would go pupule!

keep your head up brah!

P

Tiki Ti is always there on a Wednesday (unless they are closed for some reason, like this week) and Ray's Mistake's are always $5 - at least until the toast to Ray, after which they go back to the regular price. Regular TC gatherings there don't happen anymore, though. They have switched to irregular. I am there fairly frequently, but I am usually the only Tiki Centralite there. Watch the "Wednesday Night at Tiki Ti" thread in Tiki Events to see if anyone is showing up, or post there before you go and maybe you will encourage a few more to show. It's happened before.

[ Edited by: PiPhiRho 2007-07-04 14:29 ]

A

Alright, thanks!
They are closed this Wed. last time I checked, but maybe next Wed. I'll post on the Event board.

Pages: 1 6 replies