Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

SoccerTiki & WooHoo's (small) Road Trip to Monterey Bay Area 7/2-7/6

Pages: 1 19 replies

Soccer Tiki and I are hopping in the Tiki-Mobile tomorrow morning and heading up to Monterey Bay via PCH. Any suggestions of Tiki Bars, Restaurants, Hotels, or Roadside Attractions that are Must Sees? Mahalos in advance!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-07-02 20:58 ]

CL

Hulas, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Big Sur, 17 mile drive, Cannery Row (kinda touristy, but interesting in a Steinbeck sort of way).

J

Munktiki! Call ahead and see if they'll give you a tour.

Mahalo Coco Loco and Jentiki for your suggestions :) Any recommendations on where to stay?

J

I was very pleased with the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa when I stayed there for a meeting a couple years ago. That's the only place in the area with which I am familiar.

CL

The MPHS is nice, but caution, it's high season and it can quite be pricey. My cousin got married in July at the mission and had his reception at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. So we all stayed in the hotels in the area. Most of the hotels on Cannery Row are nice...but they're equally pricey. There's the Spindrift, and further down the road, the Portola Plaza, and the Marriott.

If you don't want to spend over $200 a night (discounted rates), oddly enough, Carmel...which by the way is another place you should go, has a Best Western that's on the nice side.

--Just checked. The Carmel Best Western starts at $220. There are 3 in Monterey that guests stayed at with no complaints. They might be less.

On 2007-07-02 15:08, JenTiki wrote:
I was very pleased with the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa when I stayed there for a meeting a couple years ago. That's the only place in the area with which I am familiar.

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2007-07-02 17:32 ]

J

Sorry, I get a little hoity-toity about my hotel accomodations. :blush:

I just booked us a room at The Monterey Hyatt :) Thanks for all the suggestions :)

It looks like Tuesday morning at Alphie's (p.60 Tiki Road Trip 2nd.) in Goleta around 8:30 if anyone's in the area.

Goleta? Summerland Beach was a nude beach back in the day. Might be today, I don't know. I like suit and tie. BWAHAHAHA!

WooHoooooOOOooooo! Happy Independence Day!!!! Monterey is absolutely BEAutiful! Lots of pictures to post (later) and we're off to Munktiki this afternoon! We almost declared Cayucas a "tiki-free" zone...almost! Pictures to follow....

HAPPY 4th!!!!

First Stop Tuesday Morning: Alphies for Breakfast

Quick stop by Kahuna Grill in Goleta

Kon Tiki Inn, Pismo Beach

Next stop, The Madonna Inn

Morro Bay

Morro Rock, created by an ancient volcano, towers 575 feet above the Pacific Ocean

YIKES!

Aloha Shirt Shop: 458 Morro Bay Blvd http://www.alohashirtshop.com

We even found Tikis in Cayucos

How much is that Tiki in the window?

Cayucos Tikis by Larry the Tiki Carver

Arrrrrrr Surrender Your Booty!!

WOOOHOOO! We Survived the 125 Mile Drive along the Big Sur Coast to Monterey

Hula's in Monterey

The 17 Mile Drive through Monterey Peninsula/Pebble Beach is a MUST SEE!!
The Lone Cypress

The Highlight of Our Trip: A Visit with Stuckie and His Family

Debba Debba

The Munktiki Workshop

Stuckie kickin back with his girls

The Old Fisherman's Wharf

The Hula Hut in Carmel

Vanities owned by Debba Debba located in Doud Arcade Craft Mall, Carmel

Yes, you can purchase your Muntiki Mugs here!!
The Hong Kong Inn, Ventura

Old School Ceramic Clam Shell Bowls

Tiki-rrific Mai Tai's too!

Tina's Ports of Paradise Dancers were Spectacular!!!

The Vainuku Ohana know how to spread the Spirit of Aloha!!

As always....looks like you two had a wild, crazy, tiki time. Great pictures. That clamshell looks like a true bladder-blaster!!! :lol:

Looks so romantic, glad your having a great time! I would dig a visit to Munktiki, post more pics or send a postcard haha....

O

Cool pictures Woo Hoo

It's just not fair! The poor German MaiTai I celebrated with on the 4th pales in comparison to the delectibles you guys experienced.

Envy & jealously consume me--you Californians are SO lucky you have beaucoup tiki there

On 2007-07-21 18:25, bb moondog wrote:
Envy & jealously consume me--you Californians are SO lucky you have beaucoup tiki there

bb Moondog ~ You need to plan a trip out West to Cool Off! :)

nice pics! We met Stuckie a few years ago when we drove to Santa Cruz to buy a longboard for art over the couch... he's quite a nice guy, showed us his wares and of course we purchased some fine things... met the dogs... that was a fun weekend.

Let us know when your in No. Cal... we'll hit the Forbidden Island, wah hoo!!

T

Looks like you guys had a hell of a time. Even saw one picture of Soccertiki with his tongue inside his mouth!!!!

Mahalo,
Tikitatt

Pages: 1 19 replies