Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Talk Story

Pages: 1 2 replies

Aloha everyone, here is a little story that happened at the Tiki Terrace a couple weeks ago. Thought you might be interested.

Saturday morning, my brother Phil took a call for a Sat night reservation inquiry from someone acting on behalf of Papa K, the fifth generation grandson of King Kameamea. Unfortunately, we were already booked for the show that night and told them we saddly could not take any more reservations :( Even more unfortunate, the person calling for the reservation did not communicate that we were not taking reservations, so who shows up later that night... in walks Mr Kameamea with a crew of older, big Hawaiian gentlemen... a really cool site for us all. They were pretty upset at their friend for not communicating that we were full to capacity. Nevertheless, they made reservations for the following day. Sunday morning, my other brother Jim had a massive stroke which was a life-changing shock to us all. We decided to close the restaurant to be with him. Phil had the job of calling all reservations and letting guests know we would be closed. Phil called and expalined everything to Papa K, and Mr K was definitely concerned. He asked my brother to back up and tell the story again. This time he put Phil on speaker phone so all the Hawaiians in the room could hear about our brother Jim. Phil said that he was somewhat scared to tell them they could not come to Tiki Terrace for a second time, but to his suprise, all of them were extremely concerned and supportive. Papa K said that they would pray. Phil said that at that point, Papa K almost rushed the conversation to a close as if they wanted to immediately begin praying. Later in the week, some friends of ours that were attending Papa K's seminar told us that the entire group from Hawaii was praying constantly for Jim and they are still receiving updates.

I just thought this was so cool how a guy we did not even know took such concern for our brother. Secondly, it was pretty cool that it was a Kameamea ancestor... they told us that he has the most royalty of any Hawaiian today... pretty neat!

The power of prayer (including Papa K's) has really been amazing! On Monday, doctors told us that Jim had 3-5 days to live. They are now scratching their heads about his progress. He has a long road to recovery, but he will definitely walk again, talk again, and join us again in the kitchen of our little Hawaiian hideaway. If you pray, please include our brother in your prayers. Much Mahalo!

Aloha
Scott

Sorry to hear of your brother's illness. Great story...it is certainly touching to know strangers are sending out good vibes for your brother. It is important to get help immediately when a stroke has occurred, as the chances of recovery are much higher. There are a lot of miracle drugs to help in the process and therapy will be paramount. Best wishes too you and your family and hope he can make a positive recovery. :)

CL

Very cool story. Best wishes to your brother. Wow, the power of Prayer. So does Papa K. live in IL? If so, I'm sure there's an interesting story behind that as well.

Pages: 1 2 replies