Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Tahiti Restaurant, Dedham, MA (restaurant)

Pages: 1 11 replies

Name:Tahiti Restaurant
Type:restaurant
Street:22 Jade Lane
City:Dedham
State:MA
Zip:02026
Phone: 781-329-2575

Description:
Despite being pronounced dead in the latest edition of Tiki Road Trip, the Tahiti in Dedham lives on. (I just called them tonight. They close at 12:45 if you need takeout.) Johnman & I went there. I think there was one tiki. The murals were nice. I started drinking like an hour before johnman showed up so I can't remember much else.

To recap: Tahiti Dedham--NOT DEAD.

What?!?! No pictures?!?!?!

I guess I can see why he thinks it's closed. From space, it does look sorta abandoned.

T

So it's no secret I'm the shopper of the New England Ohana... It turns out this place must have been amazing in it's day! Look what I found today!

The Cookie jar's from this weekend but he's cute so I included him.

Detail:

Logo:

Since I found it in Dedham I'm pretty sure that it's from the Tahiti in Dedham.

Tikisgrl

Little-known fact: There's also a Dedham restaurant in Tahiti.

T

You are to funny Pappy! I guess I was right about the cup being from Tahiti in Dedham.

Image Stolen from an ebay auction.

Tikisgrl

J

I remember Tahiti. I don't think I took any pictures there which either means I didn't have the camera or there was nothing to take a picture of! I think I recall the food and drinks being pretty good.

Tikisgrl your finds never cease to amaze me. How do you do it?!

X
xtine posted on Sat, Jul 27, 2013 4:44 PM

Went there for lunch today! http://www.tahitirestaurant.com/index.html

The lounge is a good size and still has the mural. The rest of the decor has no polynesian theme. The drinks were pretty good! Definitely varied and strong. I did the best I could with the lighting and my iPhone being the camera. As I mentioned, the drinks were strong so at the time the images didn't look blurry.

X
xtine posted on Sat, Jul 27, 2013 4:53 PM

Menu

Love that mural. Too bad the rest of the place has been "updated"!

O
Otto posted on Thu, Sep 26, 2019 8:59 PM

New Englanders - time to make one more trek to Tahiti

Just got sold and is given a two year lifespan

https://www.universalhub.com/2019/tahiti-dedham-sold-could-stay-open-another-couple

Has anyone been out here recently? I'm writing a book on New England Tiki and I want to visit the important places - is that mural still there? I read somewhere online that Keno was now a part of this and that kind of bugged me. Is it worth it for me to Uber out there?

Pages: 1 11 replies