Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Forbidden Island Summer Of Mug Phase Four: The Limited Edition FI/Munktiki Fugu For Two! 7/15/07

Pages: 1 2 56 replies

I kept telling people is was the 10th anniversary re-release of Booty Call...

S

Fugu mugs! Sniff. I was there on Saturday night and I got to see one... I had to work all day on Sunday starting at 7am and I knew I'd miss out. Congrats, all of you special Fugu owners! Looks like I'll be moving to Texas without any fugus in my net.

Suzanne

J

Wow! I should've picked up an extra or two when I had the chance, but then doing that simply to make a profit would've been tacky.

N

On 2007-08-09 12:56, JenTiki wrote:
Wow! I should've picked up an extra or two when I had the chance, but then doing that simply to make a profit would've been tacky.

No kidding!! There's another one up there, that is only hours old and it's over $260!! Why are these going for so much? Did I miss something?

J

On 2007-08-09 21:22, Nytshaed wrote:
Why are these going for so much? Did I miss something?

You mean besides it being one of the coolest mugs ever!?!?!

I would have a hard time parting with mine, but I'm gonna keep this in mind in case I ever need some easy cash! :wink:

MT

On 2007-08-09 21:22, Nytshaed wrote:
Why are these going for so much? Did I miss something?

Because of it's exclusivity factor, plus it's affiliation of being a Forbidden Island limited edition mug as well.

MT

Captain Odysseus is selling his fugu mug? :o Ooooooooo I am so adding that to my watched items list!

I

Does anybody have the recipe that came along with this mug?

I saw that somebody is looking for it om one of the Tiki Central posts...

~icky

Thanks everybody that helped ka'lenatiki out!

Here's the recipe that Trader Tom and AceExplorer helped find:

I found a recipe from 2008 at this URL: http://marriedwithdinner.com/2008/03/17/mxmo-fugu-for-two/
It has some good background information about this drink as well as a couple of others. Here's what you may be looking for -- would you let us know if this matches what you remember drinking? It looks good, I'm going to try this soon.

Fugu for Two
3 oz amber rum
1 oz vodka
1 oz apricot brandy
2 oz pineapple juice
1-1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
1 oz passion fruit syrup (preferably Monin)
1 oz orgeat
sparkling wine

Combine all ingredients in a blender with two cups of cracked ice and pulse twice, very quickly. Pour into a tall bowl and add more cracked ice to fill. Top with a float of sparkling wine, and serve with two straws.

[ Edited by: ickytiki 2012-08-17 18:43 ]

Pages: 1 2 56 replies