Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Thursdays at Forbidden Island

Pages: 1 31 replies

MT

I've been meaning to start a thread on this for a while. Since there is now a DJ every Thursday night spinning great retro tunes at Forbidden Island, some of us have been heading over there instead of, and as well as, going on Wednesday evenings. So if anyone is interested in heading over there for Thursay Evening shenanigans, post it here on this thread. See ya there!

Yeah, Thursdays are the new Wednesday! ....what?....

We had a great time last night. Tanoa the Samoa Boy sure can rock a record player!

B

The fez boys were planning on shifting to Thursday nights until early September anyway due to a night class I'm teaching so maybe we will just stay there, who knows.

CL

I LIKE that idea! It's closer to Friday too, so only one day of post FI tiredness to get through. Though we may still do Weds or both. We'll see. :)

J

Thursday is definitely better for me. Too many other things happening on Wednesdays that I've been missing.

MT

Anyone heading over tonight?

Hey Mai Tai.....I will be there for night 1 of my 3 or 4 night stand. Heading out now.

CL

We may head over early or late, but no guarantee...hanging at Thrillville tonight to see James Bond and hear Pollo Del Mar!

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2007-07-12 18:13 ]

Is there a FI shuttle service to Sacramento in the works?!?!?!?!?!?

I bet we could fill one....have fun everyone.

Dayum straight!!! We need an FI shuttle for Sacramento tikiphiles. Weeknights are so hard for me, even though most of the days I work in Oakland.....that drive home to Sacramento is a killer after slamming a few back.

Thanks for starting this thread Mai Tai....we need pictures of you and Coco Loco stumbling home after a few bowls.

I am still dying for a Monkeypod!!!! :drink:

MT

Anyone heading over tonight? Last night was pretty damn great with Pablus there, along with some of the TC heavy hitters. I think I'll pop in tonight for a bit, as a warm up for tomorrow night's stint at Tiki Ti.

J

I'm meeting a co-worker there around 5:30. But I'll be gone by 7:30. I still have a lot to do before tomorrow and I need to get plenty of sleep tonight! :o

The fabulous DJ Tanoa is hosting his bi-monthly "Rock a Hula" event tonight starting at 9pm.
Sip to the hits: Rockabilly, Island Rarities and jump blues.
Head on by...

MT

Tonight is Church Of Sinatra at Forbidden Island. Great Rat Pack tunes! I'll be there. Anyone else?

What happens on "Forbidden Island Saturdays"?

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and I plan on being there on a Saturday soon)!

B

Phil, Martin and I are on for tonight,

M

Pssst!...

Me?

Yeah, you.

What?

Quicksand.

Quick...sand?

Yeah, Quicksand.

Is that right?

Yeah, it's no mistake....Quicksand.

Once it grabs you...you can't let go,
Ray Ben Midnite

MT

Coco Loco and I should be there tonight. I'm feeling a little parched.

B
Buster posted on Thu, Aug 2, 2007 2:59 PM

Phil and I will be there

MT

Hey, I'll be meeting my AA sponsor tonight at Forbidden Island. Anyone else interested in going? I think The Jab is spinning wax tonight.

J

Who's in for welcoming the Scottish Clown Doctor tonight?

S

Scottish Clown Doctor?!?!

Of course I have to be in Texas. Figures. Someone have a a drink for me. Or mail me some Lemon Hart for tikisakes! Denton is a dry county!!!

Suzanne

MT

Did you say dry county?!? :o Oh man!!! Those words send shivers down my spine. Good thing that Dallas is close by. Is the Waffle House still in Denton? Good hangin' with ya at Oasis, hope you had a safe flight back.

Coco Loco and I will be at Forbidden Island tonight, to meet the Scottish Clown Doctors.

S

Yes, at least Dallas is reasonably nearby. I guess I'm really going to have to earn my Zombies around here! And then there is that whole thing of finding a decent place that actually sells the rum I want... fear, oh fear the dry county. Ack!

Had a good trip back, thanks. Haven't found the Waffle House yet but I'm sure it's still around. It was swell hanging out with you at Oasis too! Miss you kids already! How was last night at FI?

Suzanne

CL

Hi-Times Wine in Costa Mesa does mail order for a nominal fee if you can't find what you're looking for. :) FI was quite fun last night. No DJ, but we had fun with the Clowndoctor representatives. Fiona (who oversees the clowndoctors) and Jeff were sweethearts and had very interesting travel stories. And...they got engaged while in Hawaii! Talk about topping on the cake. :)

On 2007-08-24 13:56, suzanne wrote:
Yes, at least Dallas is reasonably nearby. I guess I'm really going to have to earn my Zombies around here! And then there is that whole thing of finding a decent place that actually sells the rum I want... fear, oh fear the dry county. Ack!

Had a good trip back, thanks. Haven't found the Waffle House yet but I'm sure it's still around. It was swell hanging out with you at Oasis too! Miss you kids already! How was last night at FI?

Suzanne

S

Good to know about the mail order. Might have to resort to that if I don't have any other options! Also HURRAY for Fiona and Jeff!

Suzanne

Aloha y'all....on business in Pleasanton and have the evening free...anyone up for a quick trip to FI? Sorry for the late notice, but didn't know I'd be free this evening. And if tonight does not work, maybe tomorrow before my 8:00pm flight...PM me or please post back here if you are up for an FI quickie.

Mahalo!

tiki-tina

p.s. Coco Loco, hope you back is better! Great to meet you and Mai Tai @ Oasis.

Wheee! Forbidden Island will be Going Green (of sorts) two nights in a row.

My new zero-emissions all-electric plug-in Zenn will be making its debut tonight! Come by and see my new little bundle of Eco-friendly Joy!!!

Ooohh I want a plug in truck. Zenn car is pretty cool.

Humm I just might have to stop by tonight

I'll have to drop by tonight and check out the green car and green mug!

MT

Don't forget that The Jab will be DJ'ing tonight. I'm going to try to make it over to Forbidden Island tonight, but I have a good friend visiting from out of town, so my schedule is kind of busy.

On 2007-09-13 14:51, Haole'akamai wrote:
My new zero-emissions all-electric plug-in Zenn will be making its debut tonight! Come by and see my new little bundle of Eco-friendly Joy!!!

That car is the cutest thing ever! :D

Pages: 1 31 replies