Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Saturday, AUGUST 4th....Sam Gambino at Sam's Seafood date changed....

Pages: 1 2 67 replies

WoooHooo! 2 More Days !! The Management of Sam's is very excited to have us all at Sam's on Saturday Night. We hope to see everyone from TC there :)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-08-02 21:07 ]

R

I know it's been said...but definitely starts at 6pm riiiight? :D

S
squid posted on Fri, Aug 3, 2007 10:30 PM

yup. 6 pm.

Man, I so wish I could make it! Got to have that mug!

2 MORE HOURS! :)
the tingling's beginning
and my left eye is startin to jump!
BUMP!

WoooHoooo! 1 hour and 20 minutes. Little Lost Tiki I hope you haven't started drinking the Mai Tai's without us :wink: Do you need another Menu??

TT

Sam's is awesome!!!

What a fun evening at Sam's!!!
The Smokin' Menehunes were smokin' once again (In front of Sam's waterfall!)

They even sang Happy Birthday to HipHipHula

Sam Gambino signs a print for Holden (Makedamug) Westland

And others

Lots of familiar faces

CA

Go SAM!! Wish i Was There!... quick make new mug... do it again soooon!!

i'll miss tonight too!! have another great one!

BB

I had a great time last night and the new Sam’s is fine with me. My food was good, The Smokin' Menehunes were awesome. and I’m looking forward to going back.

Looks like SoccerTiki pretty much covered everything but here are a few pictures of the same people you see at every Southern California event. :roll:

Me, my newest mug and Sam Gambino.

Kirby, MakeDaMug, Bora Boris and Little Lost Cry Baby. :cry:

Squid gives a mug his final inspection. Watch out for those snakes! :o

It's sad to see that rabbit ears are making a comeback.

I took a wrong turn and when I used my flash to find the exit, this is what I saw.

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2007-08-05 14:46 ]

R

Awesome pics! I kinda wish I'd taken pics, I mean I did...but Boris covered it here!

Great seeing everyone there!

:D

What a HORRIBLE night! :wink:
Actually, it was pretty fun/decent food/ alright drinks,but GREAT people!
It was great finally meeting Sam! What a nice guy! I think the SoCal Ohana made
him feel welcome!!!It was great seeing and hugging everyone! Quick! Make another mug
Sam,so we can do this again!HiHo!

On 2007-08-06 08:25, little lost tiki wrote:
Quick! Make another mug Sam,so we can do this again!HiHo!

There's a fun place in Downtown L.A. - Sam's Hofbrau that could use a mug update.

I vote for that! :wink:

T

The missus and I were able to stop by for a bit. ST actually got a picture of her getting a print signed!

Hey! Any chance you can send me the real file?
The mugs are awesome. Our food was fine, and the drinks were good. The zombie was strong. I highly recommend the ribs from the appetizer menu. Very tasty!

Here are some pics of the Mug(s) and Poster for the event...
Did you know there were 2 (two) different mugs produced for Sam's???
One by Sam Gambino and one by Squid... See if you can guess who did which...

What a blast! GREAT FOOD!! who said the food at Sam's lacked??? It was FANTASTIC! GOOD TIMES, GOOD FOOD, GOOD FRIENDS!

Well, I missed most of you noodle heads when I got there at 11:30 after attending a wedding in Newport Beach. I had a wonderful time chatting with tiki heads who were still there, meeting Mr. Sam and chatting with the manager of sams. I love sams, I don't know what everyone is complaining about in the other thread, sams is back and I am VERY EXCITED!!!!!!!

I hear ya Al,
I was at a big show in LA that was a not to miss event also.
so hard to flip a coin and decide on which to go to.
damn, wish I could have been there. But I will make many of the
Tiki Tuesdays for sure.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2007-08-05 11:53, crazy al wrote:
Go SAM!! Wish i Was There!... quick make new mug... do it again soooon!!

i'll miss tonight too!! have another great one!

I just want to say that I had a GREAT time at Sam's and at Tiki Farm. It was a genuine pleasure to meet so many TC friends there! I've not been to California since '86, but everyone made me feel so welcomed that I can't wait to return. To be honest, it was like the feeling I get when I return home to Detroit to see my close family members there. I won't attempt to mention everyone because I'm afraid I'll forget someone or leave out a name.... there's a price to pay when working around oil based paints, you know! (Just ask Kelly - I was doing well to put the correct year on her mug! :wink: )

Thanks also to Holden - he has more cool than..... well, the Dude Abides! I had a great time at the Farm too. Holden - you're a first class guy.

As for Sam's, the food was excellent and the night was one I'll never forget. They bent over backwards to make me feel welcomed and did a fine job (to say the very least). Thanks, Sam and Samantha! It was a pleasure to meet you and simply to be a part of what you are doing there.

By the way, I met Bamboo Ben's mom while I was in Huntington Beach. She has all the charm and kindness of a million grandmas in one. I could have talked to her all day. She took this pic.....

Hey Al and Ben - Sorry I missed ya's. I'll catch you the next time around! I promise it won't be long.

http://www.samgambino.com

I had a _____ time. The food was ____ and the drinks were _____. It was great hanging out with ____, _____, ______ and the rest of the So Cal Hoities. Especially ______ because they crack me up. Very _____ meeting Sam G; what a great guy.

Sam G - Thanks for taking time to chat with me while your cold dinner got colder. Sorry for slurring all over it.

See you all at Oasis!!!

Pages: 1 2 67 replies