Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Change in TV Passion Fruit Syrup???

Pages: 1 2 3 125 replies

I just got my latest delivery of TV passion fruit syrup in the plastic bottles. The color is different, the syrup tastes different and all of the drinks taste different than the last order I received... a year ago?? I have not been able to adjust the recipes to compensate and I am getting tired of throwing good rum down the drain. Anyone else had problems w/the drinks not tasting right recently w/new syrup? Maybe my tastebuds have gone haywire..??

M

You're not imagining things. They changed the formula and removed all of the natural passion fruit from the product. (used to be 11% passion fruit).

It sucks ass now.

J

That's ashame that TV cheaped out on their passion fruit syrup. There are still good alternatives! Fortunately I read Beachbum Berry's new book Sippin Safari and found that Finest Call produces a good passion fruit mixer. I just got two bottles in but have yet to crack them (finishing up the last of my good TV supply). They have 13% juice and may even end up being better than the TV stuff.

Here's a link to the Finest Call product:
http://www.finestcall.com/products/product-page.asp?id=40

TG

With the mysterious antics that seem to be going on in corporate TV, I'm not sure you can trust much of anything with a TV brand anymore. It seems like a company that's been bought out by opportunists that could care less about the quality and tradition that VJB, Jr always represented. Is it just me, or does the entire TV enterprise seem little more than a shell of its former self?

I made my own passion fruit syrup from the recipe at the end of "Sippin' Safari" and it's both really great and really inexpensive. Between that and the navy grog syrup I made I don't feel like I'll ever need to place another order for those syrups.

Q

Beware, johnman, of the Finest Call product. It doesn't taste anything like Trader Vic's stuff. It's really thick like a nectar and is not as sweet as TV's. I too was really shocked when I got the latest batch of TV syrup and saw that it didn't look quite right.

Has anyone out there tried Torani's Passion Fruit??

M

do not buy the torani syrup. i purchased both their orgeat and passion fruit syrups and they are drink killers.

I didn't think the Torani was disgusting or anything, but it doesn't taste like the kind made from real passion fruit.

I liked the TV orgeat better than the Torani, but I can't buy TV in the store and now, with the passion fruit being changed, I have less reason to order from TV, so it's probably either going to be Torani or, more likely, make my own.

T

headsmack! Figures. I've got an order in the air from last week that includes a bottle. Not a word in the product description about the change.

Guess it's back to Aunty Lilikoi's for another couple bottles, once the current crop run out. Good stuff, but runs roughly twice the price.

K
Klas posted on Tue, Jul 10, 2007 1:00 AM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Monin yet. They make a great passion fruit syrup using real passion fruit. I can also recommend their orgeat.

K

Klas - I'll throw in for Monin too. I think it makes a far tastier drink than TV passion fruit syrup. The Monin ingredients are cane sugar, water, concentrated passion fruit juice, natural flavor and citric acid. That's pretty much the recipe for home made.

On 2007-07-09 21:44, tin_omen wrote:
Guess it's back to Aunty Lilikoi's for another couple bottles, once the current crop run out. Good stuff, but runs roughly twice the price.

Is this the stuff you're talking about--Aunty Lilikoi Syrup? Interested to know how it compares in flavor and consistency?

T

On 2007-07-10 13:05, UtopianDreem wrote:

Is this the stuff you're talking about--Aunty Lilikoi Syrup? Interested to know how it compares in flavor and consistency?

Yup. That's the stuff. Ingredient list from the bottle: Water, Passion Fruit Juice, Pectin.

It's sweet and very fruity... Heh, I just stuck my finger in the bottle to "refresh my memory", and ended up repeating the process 3-4 times. It's very tastey!:^D

As I recall, shipping was probably $10 for the pair of 10.5oz bottles I picked up last time.

Consistency coming out of the fridge is... well it's quite a bit thinner than maple syrup, but it's definitely kind of viscous and solidly thicker than water. A bit cloudy -- sort of a "pulp" effect.

A TC search should turn up other folks that recommend it... That's where I got the recommendation from.

The brand new bottle of TV's "Passion Fruit" syrup I just received tonight, on the other hand, is about the consistency of water. Even more depressing is the Ingredient List:
"High Fructose Corn Syrup, Water, Cloud (Water, Acacia Gum, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Glycerol, Ester of Wood Rosin, Brominated Vegtable Oil, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative)), Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Xanthan gum, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Caramel coloring, FD & C Yellow 6 and red 40... Made in the USA"

Comparing Aunty Lilikoi's to the new'n-imroved TV's, side by side:
Smell: "Aroma of fresh fruit", vs. "Sharp chemical smell". Reminds me of a chemical smell from a dentists office.
Taste: "mmm-fruit!" vs. "Oh my god! How'd they get the TV chemical smell translated directly into a chemical taste?!" It's fricken awful!

I suppose folks have also mentioned that they screwed up the Grenadine as well. Here's My new TV Grenadine bottle's ingredients list:
"High Fructose Corn Syrup, Water, Artificial Flavor, Tartaric Acid, FD&C Red #40"
Fewer ingredients, but still no similarity to anything called "pomegranates". Likewise, "Made in the USA".

Hey, in for a dime, in for a dollar. Here's the ingredients from the latest new bottle of TV Orgeat (that some folks have been known to recommend):
"High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Water, Cloud (Water, Acacia Gum, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Glycerol, Ester of Wood Rosin, Brominated Vegtable Oil, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative)), Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzoate (A Preservative), Natural and Artificial Flavors.

Hmmm, from the ingredients list, aside from the color and dyes, the Orgeat could almost pass for Passion Fruit syrup. 'Course neither one has any natural ingredients in them. :^P

Needless to say, none of them say a word about the need for refrigeration.

Now, what to do with my liter bottles of colored chemicals and water... I don't believe I'll be combining them with any decent rums...

This is the first time I've tried ordering from TV's stock, not exactly an encouraging outcome. It probably wouldn't bother me as much if they'd been up front and listed the ingredients from the revised formulation on the web site. It's pretty uncool trying to shill this garbage off as the same mixers. Esp. when you factor in $20 worth of shipping.

G

On 2007-07-10 19:23, tin_omen wrote:
Needless to say, none of them say a word about the need for refrigeration.

I think you may have just hit on the (or at least a) reason they took the passion fruit out of their passion fruit syrup. The old version requires refrigeration after opening. The new version does not. Perhaps they were fielding a few too many complaints about spoiled contents. Not that I'm defending their decision mind you. I certainly won't be buying the new stuff. I'll stick to making my own.

T

Yup. That's the stuff. Ingredient list from the bottle: Water, Passion Fruit Juice, Pectin.

Not sure if that would work in a recipe that calls for syrup, though it may work well in recipes that call for passion fruit juice. Passion fruit syrup should be thick and very sweet and concentrated in flavor. I'll make the switch from TV's to Monin for my Knockout Punch, but I wish Monin was easier to find locally. I have made my punch with Torani and it tastes fine but it's slightly different in taste than it was with the old TV syrup.

[ Edited by: thejab 2007-07-11 17:30 ]

Are we talkin' Monin Passion Fruit or Monin Passion Fruit, red?

K

The Monin bottle I have is glass, 750 ml, and just says "Passion Fruit". The contents are pretty thick, and a golden color.

This was the only Passion Fruit syrup I could find here locally; I bought the TV passion fruit syrup on a mainland trip. I was making "Beachbum's Owns" for friends, and made sure to use the TV "good stuff" for them. When I finally got around to making one for myself, one taste and I thought "what the hells wrong with this drink?" The only difference was the passion fruit syrup I was using.

Maybe it was a matter of what I was used to, but I think the Monin makes better drinks.

K
Klas posted on Thu, Jul 12, 2007 12:50 AM

On 2007-07-11 14:22, Haole'akamai wrote:
Are we talkin' Monin Passion Fruit or Monin Passion Fruit, red?

The standard one. I wasn't even aware that there also was a red one.

yeah, I saw on the Monin webiste you can get either.

I wonder if the only difference is the red color between the two?

To each his own, but personally I do not care for the Monin syrup at all. Maybe it's because I'm accustomed to the old Vic's formula, but I find the Monin to have a really weird overpowering taste that ruins a drink. I didn't think it tasted like passion fruit, but rather a really heady orange-flavored perfume. I bought two bottles a while back, ended up dumping most of one of them down the drain and the other one is collecting dust on my shelf. Lots of people love the stuff and it is all-natural, but be warned that it does not taste anything like the (old) Trader Vic's stuff. Just thought I'd throw that out there before somebody goes and orders a case without trying it first...

I'm definitely an advocate of the Aunty Lilikoi. And writing letters to TV corporate demanding they bring back the old formula.

I just have to say I'm really REALLY enjoying this thread. The differing opinions are really exciting and interesting.

I want to invite everyone over to Hinky Drinks at Lund Manor and have a Passion Fruit Syrup Taste-off!

J

One discussef in another thread that I like is Kukoi brand Passion Fruit except that it's turning solid after a few months in my fridge. The Kukoi Coconut syrup is by far the best one overall I've tried BTW, I like it even better than Coco Lopez and the Trader's. I've used Torani PF in the past and it's tasty but doesn't really have the true flavor of PF. I bought the Monin PF at Surfas while I was in LA last week (they also stock alot of Fee Bros inculding Falernum BTW). The Monin doesn't seem to have real PF in it either, it just says "Passion Fruit Flavor," although there's some thick stuff in the top of the bottle that looks like it could be derived from fruit. I haven't tried it yet but I'm happy with other Monin products, especially their pomegranate syrup.
-Sam

[ Edited by: jazzman 2007-07-12 20:41 ]

I have found that Beachbum Berry's recipe for Passion Fruit syrup (Pg. 173 "Sippin' Safari") produces a syrup that beats ANYTHING pre-made in a bottle . . . bar none! It's very simple to make and you can make it in small batches (so it doesn't go bad on you before you can use it up) and the ingredients are very easy to obtain at most stupidmarkets. I used the 14oz frozen package of Goya Passion Fruit Pulp and simple syrup in equal proportions - no heating or reducing and the results were a very fresh and natural tasting Passion Fruit Syrup.

G

On 2007-07-12 11:33, Haole'akamai wrote:
I want to invite everyone over to Hinky Drinks at Lund Manor and have a Passion Fruit Syrup Taste-off!

So are you covering the airfare? :)

Gentlehangman - I echo your remarks. I made some using Goya's frozen passion fruit pulp recently and it took me maybe 10 minutes of my time. And you don't have to mix a large batch either. Just pull off a hunk of the frozen passion fruit pulp, thaw it and mix it with equal parts simple syrup. Done. Of course, I won't do that every time, so I will still keep a bottle of commercial passion fruit syrup handy for when I'm time constrained.

T

On 2007-07-11 10:34, thejab wrote:

Not sure if that would work in a recipe that calls for syrup, though it may work well in recipes that call for passion fruit juice. Passion fruit syrup should be thick and very sweet and concentrated in flavor. I'll make the switch from TV's to Monin for my Knockout Punch, but I wish Monin was easier to find locally. I have made my punch with Torani and it tastes fine but it's slightly different in taste than it was with the old TV syrup.

[ Edited by: thejab 2007-07-11 17:30 ]

Heh, clearly there's a variety of opinions in this thread. From our end, I like the Aunty Lilikoi's, been using it for awhile. We made some outstanding Spindrift's last night using it. :^D

As to the consistency, it's definitely a "syrup". It's much thicker than a "juice" like orange or pineapple... or the "stuff" that TV is passing off as "passion fruit syrup" these days. It's just not as thick as real maple syrup. Or, going to the far end of the spectrum, molasses. ;^P

How about Fee Bros passion fruit syrup. They have 3, one golden, one red, one green.I am assuming that the golden would be the closest to tv's old syrup. I still have almost a whole bottle of the glass tv left, and have yet to try the new plastic bottles. I have had fee bros orgeat and falernum and they are both awsome, has anyone had their passion?

On 2007-07-15 20:03, The Ragin' Rarotongan wrote:
How about Fee Bros passion fruit syrup. They have 3, one golden, one red, one green.I am assuming that the golden would be the closest to tv's old syrup. I still have almost a whole bottle of the glass tv left, and have yet to try the new plastic bottles. I have had fee bros orgeat and falernum and they are both awsome, has anyone had their passion?

I would suggest you avoid it. There's no passion fruit juice in it at all, tastes really sweet and kind of chemically. It's probably closer to the plastic bottle TV syrup.

T
thejab posted on Fri, Aug 3, 2007 1:47 PM

I just bought a bottle of Finest Call at BevMo per Beachbum's recommendation and will try it in my Knockout Punch this weekend. I want the make the homemade syrup from Sippin' Safari but I can't find the frozen pulp and the Bum says it lasts for 3 days in the fridge, which makes it fine for a party but for everyday use I would just end up dumping most of it out.

Has anyone found the pulp in the Bay Area?

I'll checkout bum's recipe, but thought I'd share my home recipe. Last time, it came out a touch syrupy, but I've remade it and... WOO.

Just reduce 1 pack of Ceres Passion Fruit Nectar until it's good and thick (but not burnt), measure, add an equal amount of organic cane sugar, and 2 oz. of Alize for preservation/flavor. Take that to a boil, and immediately turn to low. Let simmer for 30 minutes or so, then cool and put in a bottle, and refrigerate.

Basically, using the reduced nectar as the water for a simple syrup, with Alize for fun. It's nowhere near the bite of the Trader Vic's double-whammy, but the passion fruit flavor is pretty impossible to beat. Hmm, wonder if adding some citric acid would encourage some kick. Things to think about!

UB

So back to the first question,
Why did Vic's sell out on their own product.

Martiki's right, it LOOKS and taste like shit.
What's classic is, half of us wouldn't even have noticed if you didn't change the bottle.

Dumb Shits!

T
thejab posted on Sun, Aug 5, 2007 2:01 PM

I tried the Finest Call Passion Fruit Puree in a large batch of Knockout Punch for a BBQ yesterday and the punch was a hit. Tasted straight it has an intense passion fruit flavor, is moderately sweet (perhaps a little less sweet than the old TV syrup), and is of a thick consistency.

So, if you need a lot of passion fruit syrup that you will use in a day or 2, try the Bum's homemade recipe. But if you're lazy like me, and want to have the stuff ready for whenever you need it (and don't care that it has corn syrup and preservatives), buy the Finest Call product.

If you don't have Finest Call in your convenient liquor store, they're pretty reasonable on shipping (unlike Trader Vic's). I ordered a total of 8 1-liter bottles, and the standard shipping brought it to about $6.50/liter. Their shipping department gets your stuff out of the building like the place is on fire. FedEx had picked up my order within 4 hours of my placing it online, and delivered it in under 52 hours. Maybe I got lucky, but I was impressed.
I think their Orgeat is plenty close enough to TV's for my taste, closer than Torani. Haven't tried the Passion Fruit Puree, yet, though.

Aloha,

My name is Robert Wood, a tiki enthusiast and lover of all things polynesian. I own a tiki bar in the UK called TIKI TIKI: Home of the Urban Beachcomber and I hear your cries... In the UK we have never had the opportunity to use Trader Vic's Syrups (old or new) however having travelled to the states a few times on my yearly Tiki-Ti pilgrimage I have purchased the TV range and thought they were good and especially the Passion Fruit which ofcourse with its 11% fruit content was the best on the planet. However, I also recently read in Sippin Safari of Trader Vics ingredient change and I was horrified and pleased at the same time!

I have partnered with a small uk based boutique food company to produce a range of syrups under the banner of (808) Trading Co. which will have an initial portfolio of the following syrups:
(808) Trading Co. Real Pomegranate Grenadine
(808) Trading Co. Spiced Orgeat Syrup
(808) Trading Co. Rock Candy Syrup
(808) Trading Co. Passion Fruit Syrup (with 11% fruit content)
(808) Trading Co. Maraschino Syrup

I have personally overseen the production and recipes of these syrups and I promise they are the best on the market... I will be using them in my own bar and will be promoting them throughout the UK in the cocktail market!

As I am only 1 man and the company I have partnered with are also very small, there will only be a limited number of bottles produced per year. This ensures I can keep my eye on what is happening and keep standards to the highest levels...

These syrups are as close to the original or homemade recipes as you can buy in the commercial market and will be available in the next 30 days from:

http://www.808trading.com

I will look forward to your response to these products and hope that you enjoy using them as much as I enjoyed making them...

please do not hesitate to contact me in the meantime at:

[email protected]

Mahalo to all x

Aloha,

I forgot to mention that the syrups from (808) Trading Co. will be available to all 50 states of the US and everywhere else in the world for that matter!

Mahalo to all x

[ Edited by: urbanbeachcomber 2007-08-11 03:41 ]

I know the Bum recommended Finest Call in "Surfin Safari", as have several folks in this thread and throughout the forum. On the strength of the recommendations -- and the fact that it's roughly a quarter as expensive as Aunty Lilikoi :^P -- I bought three bottles (only $4 a piece).

Has anyone else noticed that the FC Passion Fruit Puree has a bit of a "mint" or "menthol" flavor? I've still got a few ounces left of my last bottle of Aunty Lilikoi, and in comparison, the FC tastes kind of noticeably "minty".

I'm planning to keep using the FC and see if it "grows" on me, or if it's just specific to this particular bottle. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed the difference?

Over the weekend I too went to Hi Time and purchased a bottle of the TV's passion fruit syrup. Just by looking at it, you can conclude that it was going to be a disappointment. I think the bright crush soda coloring, and the fact that passion fruit is not in the ingredients list, is a dead giveaway. Funny, I have the Finest Call syrup in my bar, but have never used it because I come across a few bottles of the TV syrup a year ago. I'm down to my last bottle of TV's, which I'm going to try and save for as long as I can, which probably won't be long thanks to delicious ZOMBIES!

I also noticed that faint hint of mint from the FC. It's also not as sweet as TV's, and to me, has a more passion fruity taste to it. Reminds me a little of the Ceres passion fruit juice.

Joel

[ Edited by: fairlanerodder62 2007-09-11 14:24 ]

Alas, I am sorry to report that Monin PF syrup also no longer includes any real passionfruit juice, only "passionfruit flavor."

Maybe you can still find some bottles of the old recipe on the shelf? I purchased my previous bottle earlier this year. The offending new bottle was purchases yesterday at Andronico's in Berkeley.

I think I'll just start making my own!

L

Last week I did a comparison between Finest Call (12% passion fruit juice), Monin Passion Fruit Syrup (29% juice of which 10% passion fruit) and Teisseire Passion Fruit Syrup (38% juice of which 20% passion fruit and 18% lemon juice). Out of the three the Tesseire was the clear winner for me, with the best passion fruit flavor. Maybe I would cut down a bit on the lemon or lime component in a drink because of its high lemon juice content. Second came Monin, although I do agree that it has a distinct orange flavor to it next to the passion fruit like the bum states in Sippin' Safari which is undesirable. I was kind of disappointed by the Finest Call, because it had kind of an artificial flavor to it. This may be the 'minty' flavor some of you mentioned in this thread.
Anyway, thought I'd share this. Has anybody else had good experiences with the Teisseire Passion Fruit Syrup?

[ Edited by: LeChuck 2007-10-30 08:42 ]

I haven't yet decided what to do with these...

...but as soon as they finish ripening (almost there as you can see), passion fruit syrup is a definite possibility. These fruits are yellow inside. I'll probably use one or two of them just as juice to go directly into drinks. The rest I might turn into syrup.

My recipe is very simple, but Scottes wouldn't like it cause he anal about measuring things. I make potions. I use pinches, dashes, handfuls, dustings, breaths, hails, bursts, and many other measures, most of which you won't find on any conversion scale.

Anyway, it's essentially passion fruit juice with as much high quality sugar stirred in (lately I'm on a turbinado kick) as it takes to reach the desired level of consistency and sweetness. Stir in a jigger of rum (I use Wray & Nephew White Overproof) and that's pretty much it. I don't like other flavors to interfere with the passion fruit except for the sugar. If I want to take the sugar flavor factor out as much as possible, I'll use a plain evaporated cane sugar.

I guess most people are accustomed to passion fruit syrup being red. As for red PF syrup, you can't go wrong with Aunty Lilikoi from Kauai. It's not expensive. You can order online.

I never tried Tessiere Passion Fruit Syrup, but before I had a steady supply of almond milk for making Emergency Orgeat, used to keep a supply of Tessiere Orgeat. It was one of the better store-bought brands I could find.

Spelling, of course.

[ Edited by: The Gnomon 2007-11-05 05:51 ]

K

With the mysterious antics that seem to be going on in corporate TV, I'm not sure you can trust much of anything with a TV brand anymore.

I saw a bottle of Trader Vic's Hazelnut Liquor recently at the store. I asked the head bartender at Dallas TV about it and he said it's absolute sh#t.

[ Edited by: Kenike 2007-10-31 17:12 ]

T

On 2007-10-31 17:11, Kenike wrote:

With the mysterious antics that seem to be going on in corporate TV, I'm not sure you can trust much of anything with a TV brand anymore.

I saw a bottle of Trader Vic's Hazelnut Liquor recently at the store. I asked the head bartender at Dallas TV about it and he said it's absolute sh#t.

I went back to the local store (Eden Prairie Liquors) where I'd previously seen a recent fresh influx of TV's branded liquor (Spiced Rum, Gold Rum, etc.) and picked up a 750 of the Macadamia Nut liqueur. They had 8 750's and another 8-9 of the smaller bottles.

I haven't had the TV Macadamia before -- I hope it hasn't also gone comparatively downhill. We made Macadamia Chi-Chi's out of it, and it tasted pretty good to us. Straight, it's character reminded me a bit of Frangelico (but Macadamia, rather than Hazelnut). Anyway, the new material this store acquired in the last few months seemed fine to me.

MN

Just picked up three bottles of the "old style" TV Passion Fruit syrup at Holiday Wine Cellar. There is one left on the shelf. Not sure if there are any in back stock.
They are on the world wide web.

S

As a note, it seems that Monin just changed their formula, too.

From Kaiser Penguin's blog:

I buy Monin because “passionfruit concentrate” is fairly high up on the ingredient list, and gives a good flavor. The next day I stopped by the g-store to procure another bottle to tide me over until my next rendezvous with my Hawaiian contact, who can obtain for me delicious, fresh lilikoi. It was not until I got the bottle home that I perused the label. Imagine, gentle readers, my shock and dismay to see that the ingredient list was now utterly devoid of natural, life-giving passionfruit content, loaded instead with vile humours listed only as “passionfruit flavor” and “natural and artificial flavors.”

TG

On 2007-11-05 17:29, Scottes wrote:
As a note, it seems that Monin just changed their formula, too.

From Kaiser Penguin's blog:

...to tide me over until my next rendezvous with my Hawaiian contact, who can obtain for me delicious, fresh lilikoi...

Scottes, please forward to Rick at Kaiser.

Aunty Lilikoi can be purchased online, plus they ship to all parts of the US and internationally. Here is an excerpt from their site:

Shipping & Delivery –
Shipping is done by United States Postal Service Priority Mail or International Priority Mail. See rates below. Rates apply to orders shipped to a single address. Please allow 5-7 days (to US addresses) or 10-14 days (to International addresses).

Their S&H charges are reasonable. There is no reason anyone has to wait to hook up with someone from Hawaii to get Aunty Lilikoi PF products as long as they live someplace accessible by USPS Priority (or International Priority) Mail.

And Aunty, if you're listening, YO-mee. :lol:

S

Done.

A

On 2007-08-11 03:36, urbanbeachcomber wrote:

These syrups are as close to the original or homemade recipes as you can buy in the commercial market and will be available in the next 30 days from:

http://www.808trading.com

I know startup companies are always more work than you expect, but I just noticed that it's been 90 days since your post and the web site isn't yet up. Any idea when it will be ready?

A

Has anyone tried this passion fruit syrup from Local Harvest?

http://www.localharvest.org/store/item.jsp?id=6948

I was intrigued by the company's claim of 100% passion fruit juice.

OK- I am pretty embarrassed. It has been more than 6 mos since I started this thread and all of this time I was without Passion Fruit syrup. What a gap in my bar tending repertoire. But after analyzing the posts, here are my rankings from everyone's input:

1. The best by far is making your own (I need to have the time and the will power to work hard)
  2. Aunt Lilikoi: cannot find anyone that didn't’t like it
  3. Monin is the next best, but some people don’t like
  4. Finest call: mint or menthol flavor??
  5. Teisseire, only one person who liked it 2nd best, but it is hard to find on line. Looks like it is from a French company…. Phuket foods. Too weird for me to order from
  6. Torani’s: drink killer. Not a lot of fans
  7. Fee Brothers: some fans
  8. Kukoi brand: can’t find on the internet

After being frozen in fear of ruining more drinks like I did w/the much un-improved TV formula, I ordered the Aunt Lilikoi: very fruity, but also very sweet. I now have started going thru all of the recipes again and pleased to report every drink went down the hatch, not the drain like w/the TV brand. Thumbs up for me!

Pages: 1 2 3 125 replies