Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Party at the Granite Tiki Lounge on July 29, 2007

Pages: 1 27 replies

Here's a bit of a warm up before the Northeast Tiki Tour!!!!

I'd love to see all the New England Tiki Central gang come up for this (or down if you're a Suffering Bastard in Maine) :wink:

I've traded services with a pro bartender, so you won't have to deal with my poor bar tending skills!

There will be a De-Bocce-Ry Ball Game at some point in the day, and a concert of Hapa Haole and quite possibly some Exotica and Surf as well. I'm christening my new "Kon-Tiki Performance Pavilion" (stage)

We'll have plenty of food and drink but feel free to bring anything you like as well.

It's on rain or shine. I've got bars indoor and outdoor and my intent is to have no liquor left in the house by the end of the day. :wink:

In the next couple of weeks I'll post pictures of some of the work I've been doing in the outside lounge in preparation.

If you post at Tiki Central, you are invited. So don't say you don't know me well enough or anything like that, come to Nashua!!!

And Oh yeah, ADULTS ONLY! (this place aint child proof)

[ Edited by: The Granite Tiki 2007-07-09 20:13 ]

T

Does the bus stop near you?

I guess I have to come since I was mentioned by name.

:)

..sb

T

I didn't get special mention but sure sounds like a plan... May need to have a drink... or two? I'll see if I can get the next day off, I'm such a light weight I will need time to recuperate! Yay a tiki party!

Tikisgrl

Special mention? Okay, here goes...

johnman, pappythesailor, tikigreg, Suffering Bastard in Maine, Primo Kimo
Bargoyle, Tangaroa Ed, professahhummingflowah, surfintiki
Chief Lapu Lapu, Mr. Ho, Tikisgrl, The Mayor Of Exotica, Rain
Thunderlips, Scottes, jpmartdog, Big Kahuna, Professor Pineapple
nitropic, Lukeulele, Bogielocks, Hula Cat, Inkashtray, and Caber-Net

I expect to see you all at my house! (and anyone I missed)

:wink:

R
Rain posted on Wed, Jul 11, 2007 5:39 AM

ooooh, special mention! i just put in a request with the wahine, so we'll see what's going on with her work schedule.

It's all about the babysitting...

Oooo cool I got the "and" like a very special quest on "The Love Boat" !!!!

Wow - Granite - that sounds like greeeeaaaaaaatttttttt fun! Can't wait to see your creative Tiki creations and the whole Nashua polynesian island.

I wouldn't have even thought of coming... but since I got a special mention, how could I refuse!
Let us know what we can bring - I would like to help with some kind of food items - let us know what you would most prefer - appetizers, entrees.

PM me if you just want to chew the Poi!

I have been working like a crazy man to make my party location the best possible tiki experience I can!

Here's a couple of night shots of my "Kon Tiki Performance Pavilion" (stage)

When you're standing on it, it really feels like you're on a raft.

(It will eventually wind up on the Tiki-On-A-Budget thread, because I got very lucky with the wood and bamboo)

Here's my outdoor bar, which also got some new free bamboo to spice it up a little. (the vines grew on their own without any help from me!)

Here's my Gazebo/Living Room in the back yard.

The only thing missing now is a bunch of Tikiphiles having fun!

Hope some of you can make my party!

T

Bumping you up to the top Granite... Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday!

Tikisgrl

Thanks for the invite but, must sell Hot Rod stuff. This bill-paying crap is really cramping my style!

Well Big Kahuna, if you get out fairly early on Sunday, we'll probably be going late!

I just played at a bar called the Big Kahuna in Chelmsford Thursday night!

Just a post to let anyone interested in coming to my party know that we are ON, Rain or Shine!

If and/or when it rains, we'll just move inside to the indoor tiki lounge. I ran out and purchased a bunch of towels to keep by the door!

I'd love to see some of my New England Tikiphile friends!

I'm sorry to say I will not be able to make it.
Traci works all day today, and I have to do some house repairs to make it more salable.

..sb

T

Just got home! Thanks for the hospitality Granite & Mrs Granite. I'm not very good at taking pictures but here are a few.

Our lovely hosts

The Bar

The people

Granite's Mom

He's with the band!

Granite playing

Thanks a lot...

Tikisgrl

Glad to see Tumbuna making new friends! Thanks for posting the pics, and glad you are enjoying your mug, i only regret i could not have been there to enjoy your party

Thanks for the pics TG....looks like you all had fun. :)

Big thanks to Tikisgrl and the Mayor Of Exotica for coming to my party!

And thanks for the mugs Beth, you really didn't have to do that! I'm so grateful!

Tim, you kick ass behind that bar! Love the vinyl! Can't wait to listen to it some more tomorrow (when the house isn't so loud :wink:)

When I find my camera in all this mess and destruction, I'll post some pics!

Looks like a swinging time had by all. Sorry we couldn't make it.

Next time for sure. Or even sooner, we'll do a meet up somewhere in your neck of the woods for a change.

More pics!! Post more pics!!

Bargoyle, as far away as I was from home, you were just down the street from my home! Hope the concert was killin! I would love to have seen it as well!

[ Edited by: The Mayor Of Exotica 2007-07-30 12:01 ]

GT, Kate, thanks so much for your hospitality! It was a swingin' bash, and in spite of the best efforts by the weather to dampen the spirits, they flowed freely. Now I can make it until next month, the Bus Tour!

P.S. My hands still smell like juice and rum today. A very good smell!

The Police were actually alot better than I expected (Sound-wise that is, not performance-wise-I expected a good performance.....I saw the Stones at Fenway last year, and the sound was TERRIBLE...horrible acoustics in that place....this show, it sounded pretty damn good!), but the Fenway cocktails left a bit to be desired ($7.00 bud light!?!?!?!). My hands didn't smell like limes & rum....more like beer & pretzels!!

Now c'mon & make with the pics!!!

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2007-07-30 16:47 ]

More Pics! (probably more to come too)

That's the Mayor of Exotica (far left) narrowly escaping being asked up to the stage (the skies opened up and flooded down upon us right after these shots were taken)

[ Edited by: The Granite Tiki 2007-07-30 21:49 ]

Great bunch of pix! Were any taken of the indoor refuge bar? Quite the nice example of quality decor!

I honestly don't know. By the time we were indoors, we were getting drunk on YOUR mixology, and at that point, I completely forgot about my camera.

I think I remember someone taking a picture in there, but we'll have to wait and see if anyone sends me any.

The rums of the Granite Tiki Bar. (unfortunately, the empties were already thrown out, that would have made a more interesting picture)

J

Looks like I missed another awesome party. Thanks for the pics!

Pages: 1 27 replies