Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hot Rod Hula Hop 3, August 10th and 11th, Columbus, OH

Pages: 1 2 85 replies

K

Paypal for the main event is being pulled tonight. If you want to reserve your tickets for the big show, you will need to do so today.

Otherwise, buying at the door will be the remaining option. I should remind everyone that this event has grown each year, and we expect the very real possibility of hitting a maximum capacity early. The HRHH is not a giant event, it is a very up close and personal type of show, and we will have to cut off door sales at some point.

I just don't want anybody missing out that wants to join us. Some folks have called that are already going to miss Friday, and we hate to tell anyone that they can't get in.

Aloha!

Ahu

Thought some people might enjoy seeing the HRHH3 event mug..

On 2007-08-06 14:57, Capt'n Skully wrote:
Thought some people might enjoy seeing the HRHH3 event mug..

Oh..my...god...

That mug is AWESOME!!

K

The list of folks looking to get in if others already with tickets fail to show up for Friday is now well over thirty people.

And we just got word that the local paper that usually shuns us has now solicited the show for an article in the Thursday edition.

Why are you telling us this? What does it mean?

It means that we are looking at picking up a lot more locals, and that interest is exceeding last year by far. So if you are coming Friday and have not yet bought tickets for Saturday, you may want to do so that night.

While it is impossible to predict, it looks like we very well may sell out both nights.

Just letting the ohana know the score.

See you all this weekend!

Ahu

T

Don't drop names!
How do you make Pomegranate Grenadine?
Ask Tiki bong.

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2012-07-10 12:51 ]

E

VERY COOL trophys tikiskip! Makes me wish I had a car to enter instead of just taking in the sights at the show.

Great job on the trophies skip!!!! :)

Makes me wish I had a vintage hot rod to enter. If I did though I probably couldn't afford more records!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

HC

Will my pedal powered Batmobile qualify? ....if so I'm packing it for the trip!.....beautiful job John...see ya soon.

Those turned out really cool tikiskip!! Can't wait to se the reaction from the rodders.. :thumbsup:

C
croe67 posted on Thu, Aug 9, 2007 6:39 AM

WOW!!! Great Trophies there, tikiskip!!!

i love those photos, it reminds me of thomas edison's workshop, but if it had been located in papua new guinea or something...

those kahiki mugs look great..i think i might like them better than tiki farm's version....i like the sculpted details as opposed to a decal.....

skip...do i see kahiki bar towels hanging in the background of your photo?? what the hell are those??

T

Yes they are. I forget where I got those.
See you soon.

..no one ever forgets where they got something cool like that....no matter how many mai tais you drank.....i'll take the hint and not ask again...

T

I got so much stuff I don't know where half of it is.
But I may have got those at the Kahiki when they were cleaning house
in the gift shop. I paid for them.
They have a price tag stain.

S
Swanky posted on Thu, Aug 9, 2007 1:43 PM

On 2007-08-08 05:53, tikiskip wrote:

Good grief. I am trying to get just one Hoffman Moai mug and skip has so many he put a finish paint on 4 of them and makes trophies out of them! :wink:

On 2007-08-09 13:30, tikiskip wrote:
I got so much stuff I don't know where half of it is.
But I may have got those at the Kahiki when they were cleaning house
in the gift shop. I paid for them.
They have a price tag stain.

.awesome...never saw those before are they embroidered??

T

They are our every day glasses.
Those are molds of Kahiki salt and pepper shakers.
To tell the truth.

That was a blast! Can't wait for next year :)

The Hod Rod Hula Hop was a complete success!!!!!

Both Tipsy and myself gave it a 2 thumbs up!!! :wink:

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

T

Thanks FOM. I had a great time. Nice to see some old friends. Nice to meet some new ones. Fishermen rocked the house. You Buckeyes throw a wild party.

Here's the Dollars.

[ Edited by: Turbogod 2007-08-13 11:24 ]

SO not happy to back to regular life!!

Thank you, all you Ohioans who made this weekend a smashing success. And thank you Purple Jade for coming out and bringing all that COOL STUFF!! I wore a tiny fraction of it home on the plane today. I loved getting not only to meet some wonderful folks whom I'd wanted to meet for ages, but I also got to see and spend quality timje with some of my fave folks in the world (and others that seem to have weaseled into that position too).

But the best part: coooooooorrrrn.
(Pictures will follow soon, I'm sure)

And now, back to my regularly scheduled show; the teachers go back this Wednesday.
Ugh.

F

This picture is PRICELESS...................

Jeff Central & Tipsy Mcstagger

A BIG thanks to everyone who came to the HRHH this year. It was a blast!!!!!:)

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

C

An AMAZINGLY FUN weekend is good 'ol Columbus!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great people, great drinks, great FUN!!!

Thanks to all for making it such a tiki-riffic time :) :)

Here's a link to some more pictures from the Hot Rod Hula Hop...........

http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/huimalu/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=aa437a7a5064c850af674d083782615c

Go to Hot Rod Hula Hop 3 photos.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

T

We had such a great time. It's really hard getting back to the real world. Or was I in the real world, and now I'm back to unreality?

Anyway it was nice putting some faces to those names.

K

I'd just like to thank everyone for coming out this year. We appreciate the support, and we hope you had a wonderful time. It was a pleasure spending the weekend with all of you.

Please.. join us in 08, won't you?

Ahu

Whew! what a fun weekend! I'm still trying to recover.

What a blast! That was so worth the trip.

We've been pulling together lots of the pictures into a Flick'r group for those who are interested. For those who didn't make it, you missed one hell of a party.

Flick'r pictures here

More pictures here

T

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2012-07-10 12:55 ]

Ha!!....you said "kuntz".!!..huh,huhuhhuh....

Hey Tippsy you are slipping.
I said Philip Kuntz.
As in fill up.
get it.
Actually the u is a oooo sound.
As in Ku.

On 2007-08-17 11:30, tikiskip wrote:
Hey Tippsy you are slipping.

..I'm slippin' on kuntz skipper!!! LOL

Sorry guys but his name is Philip Kientz.

Get it right!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

T

Oh well it was fun while it lasted.
Stop droping names.
You have been told once.

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2012-07-10 12:57 ]

P

Looks like a great time.
Thanks to the shooters for all of the photos.

The shot I saw of Loki next to the PBR pyramid is an Ohio shot worthy of framing.

HC

Just back ! after much research (for the Kahiki book), fine company at the hop and beyond ....while I missed my babe and had hardly enough dancing time (because I was working my booth) I had a fine time in Ohio .....I managed to stay out of trouble, found many a bargain, developed great contacts for the book and found a place in my heart for a couple of Republicans!...Thanks again for all the inspiration and chance to hang with some moai. ....Aloha! Greg

Pages: 1 2 85 replies