Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Monterey Tiki Open House

Pages: 1 11 replies

Genteel people of the islands, I am inviting one and all to my first Monterey Tiki open house so that I can meet converted Tikiophiles, and maybe convert some friends into Tikiophiles. It will be held at Hula’s in Monterey on Friday, July 20th. I will be giving out small Lil’ Slugger ceramic shot mugs as an enticement to come by and introduce yourself.

For those who are interested, what would be a good time to meet? Be aware that the place gets packed on Friday nights, but the bar area should be able to handle a standing crowd. If people are interested in eating there I’m able to reserve tables together in their Tiki Room addition, provided the reservation agreed upon is early (between 5:00 and 7:00).

What say you? Any takers?

Aloha,
Okolehao

The Lil' Slugger

[ Edited by: Okolehao 2007-07-11 21:26 ]

J

On 2007-07-11 12:47, Okolehao wrote:
Genteel people of the islands, I am inviting one and all to my first Monterey Tiki open house so that I can meet converted Tikiophiles, and maybe convert some friends into Tikiophiles. It will be held at Hula’s in Monterey on Friday, July 20th. I will be giving out small Lil’ Slugger ceramic shot mugs as an enticement to come by and introduce yourself.

For those who are interested, what would be a good time to meet? Be aware that the place gets packed on Friday nights, but the bar area should be able to handle a standing crowd. If people are interested in eating there I’m able to reserve tables together in their Tiki Room addition, provided the reservation agreed upon is early (between 5:00 and 7:00).

What say you? Any takers?

Aloha,
Okolehao

The Lil' Slugger

No way I'm driving to Monterey on a Friday after work just for dinner and drinks. Make it a Saturday and you might get a better turnout. Also, a lot of the Bay Area people are driving to Southern California for a major tiki event that's happening the next day, so there may not be many of us around that Friday.

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2007-07-11 13:02 ]

O

Good point about Friday vs. Saturday. I was thinking more in terms of locals only being interested. If ya'll would rather have this on Saturday the 21st, if you're actually considering coming, let me know.

And I know this pales by comparison to Tiki Farm, but I'm stuck here, as I would imagine many others will be too. Even if I'm the only one at the bar, I'll still be having a good time. : )

Okolehao

I would need more time to make this work and I would certainly get a room also.....but I like your spirit.
Saturday would be better for most.........That Friday afternoon gets pretty ugly.
enjoy an adult libation for me!

Drat! Mr. TofuJoe and I won't be able to make it, either. We will try to get to the next one. :)

Sorry...but I have to agree. I need notice ahead of time by a few weeks so I can plan to attend something like this. Unfortunately Friday traffic is going to make it impossible for me to attend. If you plan to do this again, maybe shoot for the end of August like on Saturday, the 25th...mid-afternoon. That will allow people time to get there that have far to drive. I hope you have a good turn-out next Friday though...and post pictures. :)

Hula's on ANY Friday night would be tough but during the summer? The bar is only standing room. I agree with the other posts, a Saturday afternoon would be best. I'll try to be there anyway.

K

I'm new around here. Where's this place in Monterey? What are it's hours? Address? I'm up in Frisco Bay.

Thanks
Kolohe

On 2007-07-15 17:01, Kolohe wrote:
I'm new around here. Where's this place in Monterey? What are it's hours? Address? I'm up in Frisco Bay.
Thanks
Kolohe

Where's Frisco?

O

Here's the link to Hula's. It give a good descripition of the place and a map.

http://www.hulastiki.com/

It's not the Tonga Room, but it's still a nice place. Very good food.

K

On 2007-07-15 21:36, Unga Bunga wrote:

On 2007-07-15 17:01, Kolohe wrote:
Thanks
Kolohe

Where's Frisco?

Frisco--- that place with all the kooks and nuts on the water.

K

On 2007-07-16 08:15, Okolehao wrote:
Here's the link to Hula's. It give a good descripition of the place and a map.

http://www.hulastiki.com/

It's not the Tonga Room, but it's still a nice place. Very good food.

The place looks awesome. I'll have to make a day trip out there.

Pages: 1 11 replies