Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Bamboo bunker has a new mascot!!

Pages: 1 40 replies

Meet Rusty!!

... he's a 2 1/2 month old stray kitten i saved from a litter of 3 by a neighborhood stray that decided to have them in the yard....the other 2 kittens i took to a local shelter to be adopted......anyway, he'll be hanging round the bar keepin the tikis company!!

H

Tipsy, this is very cute. Can you post a full picture of the tiki if possible?

Tipsy,
forget the Tiki you and Rusty better get out of there before Bruce Willis comes back for his Dad's watch that he left on that Kangaroo!

adorable... just be careful, kittens seem to love thatch from my experience.

M

Tipsy,

Rusty is a sweet looking lil guy. I had a redhaired dometic shorthair that was also a rescue. His name........Rusty

They do like thatch and tend to shread it more finely than original lol.

Have fun with him!

Mahalo

McTiki

The solution to torn thatch is regular nail clipping (we call it "Confiscation" at our house). Rusty's plenty young enough that you can get him to be totally okay with having his talons trimmed.

Just start by playing with his paws (holding them, splaying out his toes and holding the nails themselves) every time you pick him up. This is the trick; he needs to have it be a comfortable, daily routine. This also gives you the opportunity to check the progress of how sharp they're getting. Then, on the occasion you notice his claws are too pointy, gives him a clip.

If you get him used to you messing with his paws on a regular basis, Confiscation Time will be a simple thing.

End result, thatch saved!

thanks..it's not the thatch that worries me....it's that he might feel the need to turn my benzart carving into a scratching post!!! yipes!!

That... would be bad. You can try wrapping it in tinfoil.

...ooh that photo makes me want to "rub all the fur off him!"*

*NOTE: this is a figure of speech,people.

He does look like he has integrated well. Good idea on the toe-fetish training. Welcome Rusty. :tiki:

M

You freakin have a BENZART?

On 2007-07-12 15:32, McTiki wrote:
You freakin have a BENZART?

..not just a Benzart, my friend, but THEE Benzart!!!...in fact, the only benzart that matters...the one that the tiki farm malicious mug was modeled after!!

M

Oh Snap!

You must be proud to have his Avatar :)

Nice

Mahalo

McTiki

T

"in fact, the only benzart that matters...the one that the tiki farm malicious mug was modeled after!!"

I don't know about that. Maybe for you I guess.

Why not just get the little critter de-clawed? If you're going to keep it inside anyway who does it need to defend itself from?

On 2007-07-13 11:48, rugbymatt wrote:
Why not just get the little critter de-clawed? If you're going to keep it inside anyway who does it need to defend itself from?

....he needs to defend himself from the "rum-jumbies"...

...according to the label on the new bottle of rum jumbie, a rum jumbie is the demon spirit that is released when consuming rum....or something like that...it's jamaican folk lore.....what the hell do i know....

If you get Rusty a hammock...

...he won't even think about your tikis!

And please don't declaw him.

PTD

i'm not goingto declaw him..it's actually a horrific process if you have ever seen videos of how it's done.....

On 2007-07-13 15:29, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
i'm not goingto declaw him..it's actually a horrific process if you have ever seen videos of how it's done.....

Great to hear, so in addition to the first, these ones thank you as well!

All bar freaks and little bitty ho's!

PTD

Hey Tipsy~

How is Rusty doin?

PTD

On 2007-07-24 17:19, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
Hey Tipsy~

How is Rusty doin?

PTD

..He's fine, but we have our disagreements...LOL

he's in his "terrible two's" stage....runnin round like the devil himself is chasing him!! attacking and chewing on anything that moves....luckily, my carvings don't move!!...he's also learned to wake me up to feed him in the a.m. by biting the end of my nose!! arrrgghh!....

thanks for asking..i'll post some new pics later.

G

He is very cute

I like Rusty!

Show us some more pics as he (she?) grows up.

On 2007-07-26 07:08, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
..he's also learned to wake me up to feed him in the a.m. by biting the end of my nose!! arrrgghh!....

Wow, weird, ours does that, too. Does it have something to do with a tiki environment?

TT

"it's a rough life...."

"..Don't piss me off....."

"GOTCHA!!!!"

H

HAHAHAHAHAHA

What a cutie!

On 2007-07-26 21:54, exotica59 wrote:
What a cutie!

..cute but gassy!! this little guy packs a real stink when he farts, which is far to often than i care for....gets it from his mother, who is an outdoor cat that lives near the house...she used to fart all the time too. never had i heard cats do this till these 2 came along....it may be the soft food. I'm weaning him onto hard food now cause before he was restricted due to a common kitty virus that caused ulcers in his throat, which have cleared up now. The vet said the hard food may irritate the ulcers, but once they healed it would be okay...

T

On 2007-07-27 10:35, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

..cute but gassy!! this little guy packs a real stink when he farts, which is far to often than i care for....gets it from his mother, who is an outdoor cat that lives near the house...she used to fart all the time too. never had i heard cats do this till these 2 came along....it may be the soft food. I'm weaning him onto hard food now cause before he was restricted due to a common kitty virus that caused ulcers in his throat, which have cleared up now. The vet said the hard food may irritate the ulcers, but once they healed it would be okay...

Sure blame the cat!

Cute little Kitten. Are his eye's really blue or is that a trick of the camera?

Tikisgrl

..they're colored contact lenses.....

..right back atcha', tikigrl.

Tipsy,

Howzabout a Rusty update?

PTD

....RUSTZILLA IS HERE!!!! ....RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

On 2007-12-27 17:41, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

Sadly, it appears, they never stood a chance! Oh, the humanity!

Thanks for sharing.

PTD

H

I love Rusto.

On 2007-12-27 18:01, Psycho Tiki D wrote:

On 2007-12-27 17:41, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

Sadly, it appears, they never stood a chance! Oh, the humanity!

Thanks for sharing.

PTD

What a CATastrophe

Very cute, Dave....

I employed those figures in quite a different context :D :

Behold the awesome power of TIKI!

..so much for a nice family style, safe for the kiddies thread.....you bastards!! LOL

On 2007-12-28 18:32, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
..so much for a nice family style, safe for the kiddies thread.....you bastards!! LOL

One more for the road......

On 2007-12-29 08:55, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2007-12-28 18:32, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

One more for the road......

..damn you!!

BOO !!

Pages: 1 40 replies