Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

NEW! Kona Club MuG s.... AnTiki Blue & Green Ebay Sunday!!!

Pages: 1 2 48 replies

CA

PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE KONA CLUB FOR AVAILABILITY!! Thank you....

INTRODUCING! The closest think to a Bamboo Ben MUG!!!!

THE FABULOUS KONA CLUB CUSTOM MUG!!!
8 in. taLL! 16 oz.!!

Hand painted and glazed by myself in super limited #s, I'm not sure how many of these I'll paint up this way... each will differ slightly as I try new technique and colors... Available on ebay in Aug...

Sculpted buy myself to match the hard work Bamboo Ben and I did while decking out the Kona Club in Oakland CA.

find the same tapa designs from the walls of the Kona and Rope-a-dope bamboo!!

find Ben's own Tapa Wrapped Bamboo!!

find fish bone wall matting

find the walls of the painting gallery... Looking inland at a pre-Cpt.Cooke view at the bay where Doug owns his HI house... set right next to an actual Hawaiian temple State Monument...
I know i have a pice some wheres.. but where.. dang.. it's cool with bamboo stick platform.

My own Two Tone Galzes available Tooooo!!

"An-Tiki Blue" and "An-Tiki Brown"
"An-Tiki Green"

"An-Tiki SeaFoam"

"An-Tiki Sunset"

STAY TOooooooooooooUNED!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by: crazy al 2007-07-12 15:37 ]

[ Edited by: crazy al 2007-08-09 10:35 ]

[ Edited by: crazy al 2007-09-11 21:02 ]

DAYummmm!

That is one jim dandy mug!

..sb

wow... that just might be one of the coolest mugs ive ever seen...

fantastic.

you've done it again al! another masterpiece!

P
Paipo posted on Thu, Jul 12, 2007 2:56 PM

Unbelieveable...
just....wow..... :o
A tiki lounge, a Hawaiian landscape...and a surf break...all rolled into a single mug!

Absolutely Amazing!! Now that's what I call a Tiki Mug... vintage feel all the way. Bravo!

• Myke
T

There's no rest for the best.

CRI-JIMINY AL!
That has got to be the most super Bitchenest Mug ever! Your detail on the tapa,bamboo,thatching,and tropical landscape are nothing short of INCREDIBLE! Fine Job,Man!

MT

This may be one of the best looking mugs I've seen in a long time, or ever! Al, you knocked this one out of the ball park! Will these be available at Oasis?

GT

From one ceramist to another, Your work is awesome!

outstanding!!! this is how mugs outta be made!! this is so right-on!!

As usual, it's all in the detail. This mug being 'anything but usual' of course!! AL, not only are you CRAZY, you are a craftsman of the finest quality and your work continues to knock us dead each and every time! I don't know how you do it, but just keep doing IT!!!! Sorry if that sounds sycophantic but it is heartfelt.

An avid admirer - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai in a Kona Club mug!).

Thats a beauty. Nice clean underglaze work.

Yo, Crazy One!!! This mug is REALLY topnotch... Beautiful, Homes~~ fB

CL

Verrry nice! Beautiful job.

T

Al, that is freaking awesome.

Hats off, Al. With all its texture, you managed to convey the feel of a Tiki Lounge without resorting to either Tiki or Vahine imagery. This mug makes me want to BE in such an environment, like at the Kona Club itself, with that mug full, right now!

I need a tissue... :blush:

WOW! Crazy Al you have done it again. That is incredible in both design and detail. I can't wait to own one of those!!

N
NOTCH posted on Thu, Jul 12, 2007 8:17 PM

PERFECTO!!!! That is one cool mug ya got!!!! Crazy Al For Presedente!!!!!!VIVA!!!!

:o :o :o Holy Moses!!! :o :o :o

sandz

Just looking at that mug makes me feel like I'm back up in Oakland in the Kona Club!

B

You are soooo the Man Al!!!

Great job Al!! That hand-painted mug is a beauty!!! :)

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

V

Brrravo. Really nice.

Mind Blowing!!! See all the above comments. Ditto!!! When are they going to be available?

Al,

Your like a tiki Santa with his bag full of awesome stuff. Melekalikimaka! See you next month in SD.

Matt

Al, you have outdone yourself this time!!!!!!!!!!

Amy

hot damn... nobody can stop this man.

top notch al!

OUT-FRICKIN'-STANDING!!!

Put Me On "Da List!"

CA

i'll have one of these and one of the 'Lucky Tiki' available to the highest bid at the Big Ol' Bash... till then and i get back from family vac. thanks for all the great comments!!!!!

Whoa hubba hubba!

Those are Friggin Amazing!!! I think I like the unpainted version better. And I thought I was going to limit my collecting to vintag mugs. Oh well, I better start saving my $$.

On 2007-07-14 11:48, MauiTiki wrote:
Those are Friggin Amazing!!! I think I like the unpainted version better. And I thought I was going to limit my collecting to vintag mugs. Oh well, I better start saving my $$.

yeah, but these have a nice vintage look to them already, so it's okay!!!

Gonzo!!!

( more later, speachless)

On 2007-07-14 18:01, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

On 2007-07-14 11:48, MauiTiki wrote:

yeah, but these have a nice vintage look to them already, so it's okay!!!

You are right, now I can justify spending the money and keep my plan of only collecting vintage. It will be an instant classic! Classic is the same as vintage right?

HipHiPaHuLA!
One of the best mugs ever! did I say ever? did I say best mug on my shelf lol...

On 2007-07-24 01:40, Hiphipahula wrote:
HipHiPaHuLA!
One of the best mugs ever! did I say ever? did I say best mug on my shelf lol...

Bitch!

lol!!!

I don't even have one and 8 weeks of my life are in that place! :(

Score HIP!!

P

WOW, that is one beautiful mug

J

Wow - you've outdone yourself.... superb...... I'm bringing that one to my grave!
Can't wait, can't wait -

That really is an AWESOME mug! The paint job is truly incredible! (pant, pant...)

...not an original comment, but sometimes a mug deserves even more praise, even if the comment gets lost in the noise... :)

That mug will actually make me go to Kona Club, which sorta lacks in the drink slinging and music playing department(guess I'm spoiled by FI). The interior though is seriously perfection and the mug is a spot on tribute. Can't wait to get my greedy paws on one.

FORMERLY, theded1

[ Edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2007-08-04 12:53 ]

CA

Thanks for all the great comments everyone!! If I'm ever home long enough to get some ebay going a few of the first mugs will be out soon.

here is the scoop, I'll be making my 'AP' type Kona Mugs and releasing them as they are made, the two tone ones can be made to order at some point...lol... but the painted ones are another story...

A production run of these mugs will be made some day. I will have no control over the quality or quantity. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT KONA CLUB TILL THE RUN HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED... thanks... It might be quite a while before any production mugs hit the streets

As for the SUPER DUPER painted mugs:
I've only made two master molds at this point for the Kona Mug! By the fourth casting I've already lost 'detail' that has to be sculpted back into the piece before glazing. This is par for the course with ceramic molds and my high level of detail is very unusual because it simply is to hard to produce with out a lot of extra 'work'. This 'work' blows any kid of bottom line and drives up the cost per item.

Now, for the painting.... Until i decide to get these painted by a competent source...
Each colorful mug is a 'painting' of mine... no different then a canvase hanging in a gallery. Each one with slight or dramatic differences, these paintings have been taking quite a bit of time and I've already have fired a few twice as I try to get the look and colors where i want them to go. Many of these mugs will look very similar as I nail down my technique a bit. However, each one is individually painted by myself unlike a 'Printed' edition of some painting. Printed editions of 100-300 sell for over $50 if not $100, or even over $1000 if you are a certain some one. So as an individually painted peice of art? what should this spacial Kona mug be sold for?? i have no clue at this point, but i will not continue to make them for the public if the time investment etc... is not working out. I'm still working this all out in my head. I know the first of these mugs will go on ebay so stay tuned!

more to come.......

M

If, it's easier, just get some of the Two-Tone mugs gonig. I almost like them better than the fully hand painted ones.

Put me down for a two toner.

JT

Put me down for a two-toner and aa color depending upon the final price. Incredible looking mug!

CA

Here's the first mug to hit Ebay...... Sunday SUNDAY SUNDAY

Crazy Al Kona Club 'tiki' Mug #3! 'Custom Painted A-1'!
Second Mug Painted this way!! and at an introductory price!!! when available, Custom orders will be much more for this style mug!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:11&item=110157382759

Crazy Al Kona Club 'tiki' Mug #2! AP!! 'AnTiki Brown'!!
Second Mug Produced!! as a 'sample' it's an artist proof to see if this was the way to go with the technique.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:11&item=110157384055

Crazy Al Kona Club 'tiki' Mug #11! AP!! 'AnTiki Sea Foam'!
Good thing I can make another one of these for myself , cause this one is my favorite!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:11&item=110157386245

Remember this guys are hand finish as detail that is lost has to be put back in.....

Best of luck with these!!

CA

Kona Ebay nailed the price I was hoping for!!!

I just finished a comprehensive time trial for painting Kona special Mugs... My price for orders on these will start at $300 if not $350. I may not sell allot of these, but they will be killer looking Mugs in a few collections... I plan to put the tests I've been painting (6) on Ebay starting at $250 or folks can order one to be made for $300...
[email protected]

you going to O-7?
You can bid on one of the original 6 there... starts $250

CA

Pages: 1 2 48 replies