Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TikiHula's Open House Party July 14th

Pages: 1 11 replies

T

Aloha NorCal tiki dudes and dudettes. I know this is sort of last minute, but you're all invited to our "Mike & Alia bought their first house" party. A few weeks ago we bought a mid-century modern home in Carmichael (Sacramento area). It was built in the 60's by the Streng Bros. and we absolutely love it! And although we have big plans to tikify it - we haven't done much yet. I do have the Witco fountain out on the patio along with my bar. So, I'll be mixing some great drinks and we'll have lots of good food and great folks to chat with. PM me or call for directions and stop by anytime after 4pm on Saturday.

mahalo
Mike
(650) 291-2473

"But why is the rum gone?!" -Capt. Jack Sparrow

The Tiki Gallery has over 1,400 photos!
http://www.TikiRoom.Net

[ Edited by: TikiHula 2007-07-12 14:45 ]

i believe someone is turning 40 that day as well.... :)

we're in.

DZ

Mike - my brother from another mother! I was just thinkin' about you the other day when I spent nearly 4 straight hours watching some of those MXC dvds you made for me! Glad to hear everything is going so well for you (late congrats on the nuptials, too!). I'd be there if I could - I'd love to hang with my Hoopty-peeps and visit my "old house guest"! Ahhh... someday... Have a great housewarming!

PS - no new Rush stuff for you at the moment, but I can give you a concert review after the 23rd!

M

Congratulations on the home, Mike & Alia. Sounds good, and I eagerly await seeing what you end up doing to it tiki decor-wise.

Have fun, enjoy the new place.

Forty? That's like the new 30!

midnite

Congrats to you Mike and Alla...I won't be able to make the 14th but I am glad to hear of your news. Sounds like we are neighbors. We'll have to hook up soon. Enjoy your new surroundings.
Ken

Congratulations on the new home. Sorry I will miss this event, I have plans for the weekend. Wishing you a great party and post pictures of your tikifying. :)

A
Al-ii posted on Fri, Jul 13, 2007 6:39 PM

Congrats Mike,
Good for you. First you get a beautiful wife, now a beautiful home, you're on fire. I wish I could make it. Have fun. I hope to see you soon.
Al

I'm so jealous!! I love the Streng Bros homes. I just spent a week in Carmichael, where I grew up, w my folks. My dad told me he went to an estate sale at a Streng Bros home a few weeks ago in Carmichael and the home was for sale. I'm thinking it is the same home. My friends have one in Davis.

Mike & Alia, great house and party. Thanks for the invite and company, great people and nice to see some new neighbors! Look forward to more get-togethers!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and great Witco fountain you have)!

It's a beautiful house and with Mike and Alia's special touches, WOWZA! Congratulation you too and thanks for being such gracious hosts and friends. Look forward to seeing you at Oasis! :)

Sorry Chief Bartender and I missed your shindig. Looking forward to seeing you at Oasis. Congrats on the new home!!

T

Mahalo to everyone for the well wishes. The party was great - just the right amount of hosting, bartending, and relaxing. We'll do it again after Oasis - and we have more tiki stuff up. I was so busy I didn't even take any pics.

Dr. Z, howz our f*** Thor? Still don't miss an MXC episode! Hope to see you at Oasis...?

And yes, 40 IS the new 30...or is it 25....let's say 21 :)

Pages: 1 11 replies